Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2023 aka 30 years of pointing at sign as Mania main event booking

El-P

Gunther has been booked perfectly. Jesus fucking Christ, bubbas. Short of winning the whole damn thing, I don't know how you could have made him look stronger there. Dude took on EVERYONE, wrestled close to 70 minutes, being the perfect foil for a Cody win - which despite being the logical decision, they both worked hard to make the outcome as suspenseful as possible.

Hopefully they feud for the main belt down the line. They have shown terrific chemistry.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MOUNTAIN DEW LIGHTS OUT MATCH wasn't even horrible, certainly just a notch below the miracle Bryan Danielson pulled, but this whole UNCLE CRACKER deal is just unreal, man. I can't believe they are giving Bray Wyatt money to come up with those horrible fucking ideas. Is he a top tier worker all this time? 

14 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

He hasn't hit the gym in three years, looks like Dustin Diamond and is unknown to the wider world, who the "Face of the Company" is meant to draw in. Those non-fans that do know him, know him as the comedy guy Johnny Shitsville pinned with a giant mousetrap.

Number 1 babyface? Sure. Company representative you send to meet potential buyers and media players? Nah. Not ever.

You post a lot of ridiculous shit - yes, I know I do too - but this takes the cake.

Sami Zayn is a Syrian-Canadian who runs a major charity - Sami for Syria - and would be an awesome representative for WWE and check all the boxes when it comes to diversity, hard work, being inspirational, etc. He's absolutely the type of representative you bring to meet potential buyers and media players.

In fact, as you yourself pointed out, Sami was the go-to guy for one of those media types - Johnny Knoxville. You don't trust a celeb with just anyone. 

The only crimp - and the real reason Sami isn't main eventing WrestleMania - is because of the Saudi blood money deal. 

6 minutes ago, C.S. said:

You post a lot of ridiculous shit - yes, I know I do too - but this takes the cake.

Sami Zayn is a Syrian-Canadian who runs a major charity - Sami for Syria - and would be an awesome representative for WWE and check all the boxes when it comes to diversity, hard work, being inspirational, etc. He's absolutely the type of representative you bring to meet potential buyers and media players.

In fact, as you yourself pointed out, Sami was the go-to guy for one of those media types - Johnny Knoxville. You don't trust a celeb with just anyone. 

The only crimp - and the real reason Sami isn't main eventing WrestleMania - is because of the Saudi blood money deal. 

The Saudi deal is gross, but lol. The reason Sami isn't main eventing Wrestlemania (as of right now, at least) is because it was a short term angle that caught on unexpectedly. You might have noticed he never main evented WM before the Saudi deal, either. 

Sami isn't going to be THE guy. He will point this out himself. He does not have "the look" a top guy in WWE in all eras has to have. However, that doesn't mean he can't be a top face, in the same way as Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan weren't THE guys but were absolutely integral to their eras, and have a great title win moment. Or just score a win over Roman without the titles involved at all. 

11 minutes ago, C.S. said:

You post a lot of ridiculous shit

Not to me it's not 

12 minutes ago, C.S. said:

but this takes the cake.

I'm not wearing that. This one's sound. This one's fucking solid.

FOX won't offer (x) million dollars in the next TV rights deal on the proviso they get Sami Zayn. The tugs-of-war are over Brock, Roman, Charlotte, Ronda and the (small) gang. This is not a hot-take.

Potential buyers want funken Hogan before they want Sami, they want the possibility of the Rock, they want WrestleMania - they ain't buying it for Sami Zayn, even if he is the four thousandth D-list celebrity to have a charity (hi, Damar!).

21 minutes ago, C.S. said:

He's absolutely the type of representative you bring to meet potential buyers and media players.

Sure, as in "this is one of our employees". Not, "this is the guy we're building the company around. Now where's that cheque for $8 billion?"