Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2023

KawadaSmile

Money In The Bank was a solid show with standout moments, like the incredible spot involving Ricochet and Logan, and the women's ladder match finish. The main event, centered around the bloodline story, effectively fulfilled its purpose and could be considered a Match of the Year contender if you're invested in the ongoing story it was just ok for me. Overall, it was a fine event.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It had callbacks to matches dating back to years ago AND they advanced the story. They managed to get fans pissed just by the mere visual of Roman stacking both Usos and pinning them, only to lose their fucking minds. 

I just don't know how you can stretch Roman's reign all the way to WM. He lost his invincibility, lost his henchmen, the Usos, and Solo has seen through his bullshit and strikes fear into his heart. There is no way they can milk this for more 9 months. 

At this stage, I don't think he makes it to Mania 40 as champ; especially now that Jey beat him. Now does this mean that Jey takes the title away from Roman at Summerslam? I don't think so; you just needed a moment to make you believe that Roman is now beatable. But I truly think we're at the tail end of the Bloodline story.

49 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It had callbacks to matches dating back to years ago AND they advanced the story. They managed to get fans pissed just by the mere visual of Roman stacking both Usos and pinning them, only to lose their fucking minds. 

I just don't know how you can stretch Roman's reign all the way to WM. He lost his invincibility, lost his henchmen, the Usos, and Solo has seen through his bullshit and strikes fear into his heart. There is no way they can milk this for more 9 months. 

That kickout was unreal.  Thought the match was great.

So apparently the Shayna turn out of nowhere was done because Ronda gave WWE a firm end date and wanted to do a feud with Shayna on the way out.  

Ronda wanted to do a whole storyline about them winning the tag belts and having a slow burn to a heel turn, but her broken arm messed up the timing.