Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 7/5 - 7/8

Timbo Slice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Saskatchewan seems a strange choice instead of Alberta and BC. When they went to Winnipeg it made sense as both Jericho and Omega was from there, but you don't usually think of Saskatchewan when you think of wrestling in Canada.

22 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Haven't seen anything in the last 2 weeks. Have they made any effort in promoting Joe vs Punk as any sort of big deal?

The best they did was having Punk on commentary mention that he never ever beat Joe one-on-one.

Opening tag was hella fun. Darby and OC work great together, Keith Lee looked better than he has in a long time. Orange Cassidy is truly the ace of AEW.

This stuff with MJF seems very below the world champ, but I have to say I find it a lot more entertaining and palatable than the edgelord screamy guy. I think it'd be real interesting if Cole actually turns on MJF.

Jericho getting himself involved with Don Callis is yet another shameless shrewd move to soak up heat from someone else's program. I would assume this leads to Sammy being The Elite's final guy and then a 9 month Sammy/Jericho feud which sounds like death.

Gotta respect how much Kenny gave Yuta, I just wish Yuta was someone else. He's just....so there. Kenny vs Takeshita is going to bang so hard.

Women's division really needs Hayter back ASAP.

8 hours ago, strobogo said:

Gotta respect how much Kenny gave Yuta, I just wish Yuta was someone else. He's just....so there. Kenny vs Takeshita is going to bang so hard.

He's very much like The Rock or Roman Reigns in terms of giving guys way below him more than other top acts would. Admirable, but sometimes it's not necessary.

And it's not even in a "Omega is gonna lose his shine" bs people were saying a while back. It's the other way around - Yuta has been heavily featured on TV and... seems to have reached a ceiling, or at least stagnated for a while. 

Yuta is fine as the Buddy Roberts of the BCC, he's there to have decent enough matches and eat the pin at the end. Kind of how Goth Buddy is for the House of Black. 

Speaking of Sexy Takeshita, I don't need Jericho trying to leech his heat by joining Don Callis.