Pro Wrestling Only

AEW All In Wembley - 8/27 - Bruv, This Has All The Makings

Timbo Slice

Is there a worse singer than Jericho who has performed in front of such a big crowd?

And I also agree with the sentiments: the layout and pacing of the show was great. The trios title match was probably the "worst" match of the show, but it was designed to be a cooldown match and it fulfilled that purpose and got some nice pops in the end as well. The main event was not my style of wrestling (and I don't care for Adam Cole anyway), but I guess I have to learn with such matches in 2023 mainstream wrestling.

I can't decide which was the stupidest bump of the night: the "real glass" one on the pre-show, the coffin drop on the coffin or MJF's bump to the edge of the stairs in the main event.

Regarding JR: he sucks and should not be on TV / PPVs, true, but at least he speaks in such a low-key manner nowadays that it's easy to tune him out.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great show full of shitful punches and whiffed strikes. There also definitely seemed to be an edict of "This is a stadium show. Wrestle a stadium match", which was thankfully and fruitfully adhered to.

And who better than Punk to show them how it's done? Undoubtedly great chemistry with him and Joe, something of a shame that the largely casual (from what I gather) audience didn't respond to certain things (or people).

The six-man was unmemorable. I'm writing this from memory and a match listing.

FTR/Bucks rarely does it for me. Perectly good stuff, I guess. One-dimensional! That's the word I'm looking for! When you lean so heavily into your gimmick and the gimmick is bog-simple, you become one-dimensional. Two largely one-dimensional acts together don't make a second dimension. Or quantum something something, something.

The Stampede was a Stampede that...ticked boxes? I'd suggest they don't put their weakest puncher in their most violent brawl he said eyeing Chuck with contempt. Terry Funk's rolling on his slab.

Tell me Saraya isn't cosplaying a wrestler. Go on. Like she really really wants to be a wrestler, and maybe she used to be one...check her out repeatedly, blatantly getting into position for the next spot. Out with ye, foul demon, as I once heard a man exclaim in a public toilet in Munich.

I think we cut Sting a lot of slack. He probably deserves it. Let's enjoy Darby's spine while we/he still can. It was 4.30-5.00am by this point of the live show and my dog had been giving me filthy looks since 1.30 so I watched the rest later.

No complaints about Jericho/Will. Slab Terry would applaud Chris's ability to stay relevant for the last 138 or whatever years.

I think I thought during the trios match that it didn't know what it wanted to be. Might have been another match but I think it was this one. I'm the high voter on Buddy but he rarely gets to show what he can do.

The wrestling-themed sitcom "Better Than You, Bay-Bay" continues to roll enjoyably on and cracks me so consistently up.