AEW All In Wembley - 8/27 - Bruv, This Has All The Makings

Timbo Slice

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was sports entertained by that main event. Also, that coffin match was crazy, lol.

FTR closing this incredible 2023 run with a tag title match against Darby/Sting is the right thing to do.

A very entertaining show, I hope it's was good enough live for next year's show. Tony sure loves his PPVs on a local holiday.

Main Event was a joke. I don't know if they are trying to tell a compelling story, because it's soo predictable. And the steroids MJF is on is causing allot of backne. Anyway the Jericho Ospreay match was great. No low-brow comedy. Just great match and he put over the young bruv. I think the end of the match could have used an inner Circle reunion but maybe later. 

I'm not saying these cheesy matches don't have a place on the card, but not the main event. The hug was so predictable. TK needs to find a creative booker who knows the business. They have Jake Roberts on the payroll so why not him.

And Ginzburg is the most annoying ref. Obviously MJF is scared that someone might shoot on him so he ALWAYS has his little stooge Ginzburg to reassure him that he won't get screwed. 

I want AEW to succeed but what happened?

Quick opinions: i think the Bucks are better as heels. I hope we get a credible World Champ sometime soon. Imagine the big fight feel of Omega vs. Ospreay for the strap! CM Punk should go All In as a heel. And change his look like Hogan did. 

I gotta go watch the show again because I missed the beginning but I hope ratings get better soon. It will be sad when NXT beats Dynamite. Hopefully TK will start being a boss. Hogan said in recent interview that Vince Jr. was having problems telling talent to do the job. So he would make Hogan tell the guys. Then after a couple years Vince became a Boss and talent would respect his decisions etc.

8 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Obviously MJF is scared that someone might shoot on him so he ALWAYS has his little stooge Ginzburg to reassure him that he won't get screwed. 

Yeah, unquestionably, MJF is scared to death of that notorious hooker Adam Cole taking liberties with him in the ring. 

Tony just confirmed that next year he'll book All In and All Out in back to back weekends again (and Chicago will continue to get that PPV)

He also said AEW will make money for All Out this year just with ticket revenue (that will be over 1 million) and even if they don't sell a single PPV they'll be making money for that weekend.

1 hour ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

Re-watching the show, I wonder what the point of The Bucks declining the handshake with FTR was. It's not like the Bucks are going heel again. I don't think that match was needed at that moment. 

Maybe the Bucks and FTR are hoping Punk and Omega will get in the same room and decide to make money for all of them.

9 hours ago, Jmare007 said:
Tony just confirmed that next year he'll book All In and All Out in back to back weekends again (and Chicago will continue to get that PPV).

Well that's just awful. One more year of almost non-existent booking for the Big Wembley show just for Chicago to have the juicy big matches a week later outta nowhere.

6 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Well that's just awful. One more year of almost non-existent booking for the Big Wembley show just for Chicago to have the juicy big matches a week later outta nowhere.

I think that will depend on how many tickets they sell for Wembley next year. I think the main reason Tony was able to stash any big singles match was because the show was basically sold out 8 weeks in advance. I don't think that will be the case next year unless AEW gains big momentum in the first half of 2024. So TK will be forced to put more effort on the card and the build up to it.

I thought this was a top drawer show and it really felt like a huge deal up and down the card. The main event was a bit too Shawn Michaels agented NXT style for me with all the talking and melodrama but it’s such a hot storyline that I can forgive them, especially as there was no swerve and they have a mega babyface made in MJF. I don’t think there was any blow away match but pretty much everything was consistently good which I’ll take all day. Weakest was probably the Elite 6-man and man, has Ibushi not looked good in his two appearances.

Hyped for Mercedes coming in and I presume that she’ll be at All Out to make the big debut, if you can call it that. As for that show, we talked about how All In’s card seemed slapdash but what the hell can you do for All Out’s big matches? You’d think Punk will main event but who against? Starks? 

Was really impressed at the pacing of the show, considering how long it was, and a lot of AEW PPVs that aren't as long felt much longer.

Joe/Punk was a delight. I know we all have talked about Joe seeming broken down and washed years ago, but being awesome in AEW, and god damn was he great in this match.

Golden Elite vs BCG had some good stuff, but was real weird with whatever happened to Omega on that roll through, and Ibushi still ain't Ibushi. JR was absolute dogshit calling this. If they're going to have him pop in for a match or two, it really should be stuff like Joe/Punk, because he seemed completely disinterested in this match, and completely unknowledgeable of Ibushi despite having called Ibushi matches for NJ. Nigel (or Don?) were talking about Ibushi's striking prowess and JR says "I've not seen that aspect of his game" or something similar like...what the fuck? "Why does everything have to be golden?" As an exasperated Excalibur tries to explain Golden Star, Golden Lovers while still calling the match. I am definitely hyped to see Kenny and Hangmen vs all 3 of the heels in a tag or singles. It's bizarre that Ibushi is the guy I want to see the least of.

I can't remember if FTR/Bucks III was better than the previous match, but it's real hard to compete with those BCG matches. The Bucks take the Shatter Machine better than anyone. The actual finisher absolutely annihilated Nick. Result was definitely a surprise considering Cash's legal issues. I bet FTR vs Omega/Hanger in front of a real crowd would bang hard.

I'm pretty over BCC and the big chaotic brawl things, but this was a lot of fun. Some real awful looking spots for both members of LAX, though. That fall off the ropes for Ortiz was hella rough. Eddie being the star, of course. However, god damn did Trent take a beating. That dude was bumping for the lord. Ancient way orange punch :lawd: It's kind of weird that the super group that is the BCC seems to lose all these big brawls. They really need D-Bryne back. Wouldn't mind Daniel Garcia actually replacing Yuta now. Claudio vs OC should rule.

Pleasantly surprised with the women's match, as the division is half cursed, half afterthought, and two of the four involved are often not exactly good. Paige looked the best she's looked since her return, and I'd say Britt Baker looked better than she has in a long time in the ring as well. A break up of The Outcasts is a good move, as that really hasn't clicked except for Toni Storm, who is already on to new gimmick anyway. They should bring in Saraya Sr. to be Paige's heavy for a while.

Coffin match had some crazy shit in it. Darby is truly a maniac. Hope Sting bought Swerve a couple of pints after the show for that table bump and the death drop on the coffin. 

Ospreay vs. Jericho was definitely the best match Jericho's been involved in his entire AEW run, and I think you need to go back to probably 2012-2013 or maybe even prior to that to get something as good from him. He definitely held up his end way, way more than I could have ever expected from a match with Ospreay. However, Ospreay truly is probably the best in the world at the moment. Heavyweight Ospreay fucking rules.

Trios titles match was fine. Nice moment for Bray, nice moment for the fans to get to get the big scissor me daddy ass moment. Not sure there's really much to do for The Acclaimed as trios champions, but I did pop for the Prince Andrew line.

I'm torn on the main event. At first I thought it was strange to have a face vs face match with no turns, but that's what Bret/Bulldog was and that seemed to work out well for everyone. I think it turned out pretty well and the crowd seems to bite for everything being fed to them. The whole thing is waiting for the other shoe to drop and honestly, I have no idea where it is going, which is refreshing actually.,

19 hours ago, Stiva said:

I thought this was a top drawer show and it really felt like a huge deal up and down the card. The main event was a bit too Shawn Michaels agented NXT style for me with all the talking and melodrama but it’s such a hot storyline that I can forgive them, especially as there was no swerve and they have a mega babyface made in MJF. I don’t think there was any blow away match but pretty much everything was consistently good which I’ll take all day. Weakest was probably the Elite 6-man and man, has Ibushi not looked good in his two appearances.

Hyped for Mercedes coming in and I presume that she’ll be at All Out to make the big debut, if you can call it that. As for that show, we talked about how All In’s card seemed slapdash but what the hell can you do for All Out’s big matches? You’d think Punk will main event but who against? Starks? 

I agree i had a blast watching the show. Not thrilled for Saraya vs Mercades but they are two big names and the two of them have wanted to have a big match together for a while. In the moment i was upset that MJF tossed the championship down but then I reflected for a second and realized i would do the same for one of my friends.