Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 10/18-10/21 Edge Mysterio edition

sek69

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Lexy Nair is such a treasure. Best backstage interviewer in eons, and that's because she displays so much character and actually react organically to what happens. Above everything, the fact she is more often than not on the verge of cracking up makes her even more fun to watch. Hopefully AEW does what they have to to keep her, because she's one non-wrestler I could see WWE jumping on as soon as they can. Plus she has so much potential as a performer too, as showed by the on-going Minions-in-training angle with Athena & Billie in ROH. Yep, she's a keeper. 

She and Big Bill Morrissey are engaged to be married, so I would hope they stay in AEW together, for their sake. That’s not really relevant to Pro Wrestling and it’s none of my damn business, of course.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Lexy Nair is such a treasure. Best backstage interviewer in eons, and that's because she displays so much character and actually react organically to what happens. Above everything, the fact she is more often than not on the verge of cracking up makes her even more fun to watch. Hopefully AEW does what they have to to keep her, because she's one non-wrestler I could see WWE jumping on as soon as they can. Plus she has so much potential as a performer too, as showed by the on-going Minions-in-training angle with Athena & Billie in ROH. Yep, she's a keeper. 

100% agree. She’s gotten so good at reacting to everything. I like her a lot in the interviews with Maria as well.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

She and Big Bill Morrissey are engaged to be married, so I would hope they stay in AEW together, for their sake. 

Plus he's tall enough they'd actually want him back.

"Hey Cass, we have a great idea for an angle. So, Lexy is hot as fuck and you're a cuck. Here's Bobby. Remember Bobby Lashley, right ?'

This guy has quite a story. From being a joke of a worker 4-Life and a alcoholic/junkie, whatever he was on, to cleaning up, improving by leaps and bound to the point I actually look forward to watch him every time around and being in couple with Lexy Nair. Man, Eddie Edwards sure deserves an invitation to the wedding...

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

100% agree. She’s gotten so good at reacting to everything. I like her a lot in the interviews with Maria as well.

Yeah, she's gold interacting with Maria too. It makes such a difference in that you actually want to watch all these little backstage bits and not miss any.

18 minutes ago, El-P said:

This guy has quite a story. From being a joke of a worker 4-Life and a alcoholic/junkie, whatever he was on, to cleaning up, improving by leaps and bound to the point I actually look forward to watch him every time around and being in couple with Lexy Nair.

I don’t disagree. I have actually heard him interviewed on a couple of different podcasts. He was on Rene Paquette’s podcast and that AEW podcast hosted by Aubrey Edwards and Tony Schiavone. Turns out Morrissey has a pretty interesting history.

He had (has) some pretty serious mental health problems and like a lot of people in that situation, he was self medicating with alcohol and as we all saw, he really hit rock bottom. It’s a credit to him how hard he has worked to improve himself in all aspects of his life. It makes it hard not to cheer for him as a human being, if nothing else.

23 minutes ago, El-P said:

Plus he's tall enough they'd actually want him back.

"Hey Cass, we have a great idea for an angle. So, Lexy is hot as fuck and you're a cuck. Here's Bobby. Remember Bobby Lashley, right ?'

This guy has quite a story. From being a joke of a worker 4-Life and a alcoholic/junkie, whatever he was on, to cleaning up, improving by leaps and bound to the point I actually look forward to watch him every time around and being in couple with Lexy Nair. Man, Eddie Edwards sure deserves an invitation to the wedding...

Yeah, she's gold interacting with Maria too. It makes such a difference in that you actually want to watch all these little backstage bits and not miss any.

I might have missed a few episodes but I assume that Eddie Edwards played a role in Big Bill's recovery?

17 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I might have missed a few episodes but I assume that Eddie Edwards played a role in Big Bill's recovery?

Strictly as far as a worker, I'd say so. When he showed up in IMPACT a few years back, he worked a lot with Eddie. Like, a LOT. Which was really a way to make him look the best he could, which at first wasn't that much. After a while, you could see what it did for what he brought to the table and his confidence. Of course he did not work only with Edwards, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that working so much with a guy as good as Edwards will eventually rub off on you if you are willing to learn. And that's because he looked so good against Wardlow in that one-off appearance (he was still with IMPACT then) that he probably got the job in AEW.

Big Bill fucking rocks. He was good, better than what online discourse would led one to believe, during the feud against Bryan Danielson some years ago. His own personal problems hurt him a lot, but he's in amazing shape, can speak well, looks amazing and not only is a great tag wrestler, is coming out on his own as a singles guy.

Yeah he's pretty good. Never could I have imagined being interested in Big Cass in 2023 5 or 6 years ago, but dude has been a good pick up for AEW for sure. TNA has really been in such a good spot as rehab your reputation type of promotion the past couple of years that I'm almost a bit worried about them trying to move to bigger venues and budgets going forward.

On 10/29/2023 at 5:24 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Big Bill fucking rocks. He was good, better than what online discourse would led one to believe, during the feud against Bryan Danielson some years ago. His own personal problems hurt him a lot, but he's in amazing shape, can speak well, looks amazing and not only is a great tag wrestler, is coming out on his own as a singles guy.

Those matches with Danielson were terrible. He's gotten better and is used better than he was then.