Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/11 - 13/11 European Takeover

KawadaSmile

Obviously they are setting up the War Games match, but who's going to be on the babyface team? Bianca/Charlotte/Shotzi....and?

Also Kairi's elbow us up there with Julia Hart's moonsault when it comes to "moves by tiny people that look like they are crushing their opponent". 

War Games is actually a super difficult match to really shine in, which is why many War Games match pretty much suck (and the gimmick has always been overrated anyway, just sayin'). That would be the last place I would debut Cargill, who's still basically a greenhorn who had other people bumping for her to make her look good in short matches. Plus, she would be "one of many" as opposed to have all the focus on her, which is what you want. Rumble would have been perfect with a different timing, because it's easy to have her shine in that context and clean up the ring.

I'm curious how this is gonna turn out, because she really strikes me as someone who has zero interest in pro-wrestling apart from it being a vehicule to be famous and make more money. Which, in the current context, won't be looked as favorably by workhorses in the company who have build their legacy from the ground up through hard work in a much different and less favorable environment. But in the TKO context, will be perfect for her if she does get over and ends up meaning something, which did not happen in AEW (yeah, she got over at first, then very clearly overstayed her welcome as an attraction doing the same thing over and over again, and she was never a mover at all either). Of course, having the WWE (and TKO) machine behind you changes everything, because their marketing strength is without commune measure. 

4 hours ago, El-P said:

War Games is actually a super difficult match to really shine in, which is why many War Games match pretty much suck (and the gimmick has always been overrated anyway, just sayin'). (...)

War Games is a gimmick that (like a lot of gimmick matches) only really works if you have the right feud or angle that should be resolved by that match (like Dangerous Alliance vs. Sting's Squadron or some of the early Horsemen ones). At least WWE stopped booking HiaC (and to a lesser degree TLC) matches based on the calendar. Also, War Games matches are not supposed to last too long once all competitors are in the ring - so not like last year when the men's match went almost 40 minutes. Work a couple of heat and comeback segments until everbody is in the ring, do a clear finish with the heels being left beaten badly and be done with it.

3 hours ago, Robert S said:

War Games is a gimmick that (like a lot of gimmick matches) only really works if you have the right feud or angle that should be resolved by that match (like Dangerous Alliance vs. Sting's Squadron or some of the early Horsemen ones). 

That too. But the gimmick itself I find overrated anyway. There was a novelty aspect in the 80's, but the submit or surrender stip I always though made for a lame anticlimatic finish (Schiavone said the same thing in the past). Its reputation of great gimmick match really comes from the 92 match to me, which was the apex of the style. After that point, it was pretty much all downhill in WCW. Without the use of blood in WWE, I have no idea how they even get that big time violence feel. BCC vs Elite was awesome, but that's really the only one I enjoyed in AEW, the two other ones where indeed way to long and had the annoying WWE trope of having to do a cage jump too.

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

I wonder if Bayley ends up getting Sting'd by the rest of Damage Control and ends up on the babyface team. 

I'm all in on them trying to turn Bayley face during this storyline, because it's a hard turn to do. WWE right now is all slow storylines that are being drawn out as long as possible without Old Pervert Vince losing interest and fucking it up . Right now, Bayley just seems like a loser whose faction has outgrown her but fans still boo her. I'm interested in seeing how they go with this.

There's a reason people thought she could be the female John Cena back when she was in NXT. She's been a heel for so long people forgot the charisma she had as a babyface.  They could easily have Becky and Charlotte save her from the beatdown since they were NXT OGs like her and do a redemption story with Bayley .