Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV - 11/14 - 11/17 - Eye of the Tiger

Timbo Slice

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Alright, time to watch Raw.

It's kind of amazing how Cody is still super over despite being booked like every other babyface: promise to win a championship but in the end fails heroically. 

The Brock feud helped, despite being full of Cody-isms that hurt him in the past.  The pairing with Uso helps and for the first time in a long time, the babyfaces have some sense of unison and you aren't just wondering "damn don't they have friends to prevent those beatdowns?"

Miz vs Ivar was so fucking good. Workrate Miz is better than your favorite.

14 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

The Brock feud helped, despite being full of Cody-isms that hurt him in the past.  The pairing with Uso helps and for the first time in a long time, the babyfaces have some sense of unison and you aren't just wondering "damn don't they have friends to prevent those beatdowns?"

Miz vs Ivar was so fucking good. Workrate Miz is better than your favorite.

"Workrate" Miz is Miz being a babyface. He can do all that shit whenever he wants to. He wrestles as a babyface when he's a babyface and as a modern chickenshit heel when he's a heel perfectly because he doesn't do any of this current babyface wrestling as said heel. Miz is one of my favorite guys. I've been a fan ever since WWECW " Chick Magnet" Miz who feuded with Balls Mahoney and was green as grass. Watching him grow into a fucking phenomenal performer who made it has been great. I've seen him live and he can light up an arena with boos and heat better than most.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Shoutout to Dom for the Art Barr shirt he was sporting tonight

Is any of these people actually aware of anything, or they just don't give a fuck ? I guess celebrating Art Barr is good and all when you work for Vince. Too bad Lawler wasn't around. But I mean. Jeez. Maybe Dom doesn't even know though, I doubt the bedtime stories were like "Now, Uncle Eddie will tell you how the legendary lucha legend Love Machine raped a 19 years old woman and got away with a tap on the hand". Still. Vomit. (and really now to be fair, I cringe whenever I see Eddie Kingston, or anyone, sporting a 2-Pac shirt)

19 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

"Workrate" Miz is Miz being a babyface. He can do all that shit whenever he wants to. He wrestles as a babyface when he's a babyface and as a modern chickenshit heel when he's a heel perfectly because he doesn't do any of this current babyface wrestling as said heel. Miz is one of my favorite guys. I've been a fan ever since WWECW " Chick Magnet" Miz who feuded with Balls Mahoney and was green as grass. Watching him grow into a fucking phenomenal performer who made it has been great. I've seen him live and he can light up an arena with boos and heat better than most.

Preach, bubba! Preach!

A Jerry Lewis joke. In 2023. The references are getting a bit dated, people. 

15 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Big news for brother @El-P:

Hopefully France's favorite son Baron Corbin will be in the main event.

Lyon is an interesting choice (in a very ironic way considering McMahon's friendship, you know. Lyon is the France capital of fascists). I wonder if the Olympic Games made it an easier choice not to be to Paris. They really wanted to go to Strasbourg and have Christophe Agius get a bigger pop than the Rock at Mania. I mean, the crowd is gonna be molten hot anyway. The one thing I'm interested in is what medias are they gonna do and do they get a local star, and which one (and this could be funny) ?

I wonder if they try to establish Backlash as a tradition "out of the US" PLE now too. Which is smart, because it gives the immediate post-Mania period something different to look forward to.

19 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

It doesn’t matter what year it is.

It's crazy to me that the fact his movies were defended by cinephilic reviews in the 70's or something made him the topic of jokes about France. Hell, there's even a Wiki entry about this ! :lol: Talk about a totally twisted view of reality (yeah, that's kind of a trend lately on this board, uh uh). But hey, I guess Americans think France looks like Emily in Paris now, which in a way is even more offensive than when they though we lived inside the Amelie movie. 

Damn, which celebrity could they get ? Even better, which problematic celebrity could they get ? It's not like there's a lack of them. Probably should get some rap star or something. 

57 minutes ago, El-P said:

Damn, which celebrity could they get ? Even better, which problematic celebrity could they get ? It's not like there's a lack of them.

I assume Vince is close friends with Gerard Depardieu. They probably belong to some of the same organizations, like the Jeffrey Epstein Gold Card VIP club, or something.

6 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I assume Vince is close friends with Gerard Depardieu.

100% he has no earthly idea who he is. Apart from sexually assaulting women in tanning salons, Vince has no life outside of wrestling. He never even saw Scarface, which is why he thought Scott Hall was a creative genius.