Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 1/22 - 1/28 MY CLIENT BROCK PURDY

NintendoLogic

:lol:

WWE is all about nepokids now. Orton, Cody, Charlotte, Dominik, Ava... Roman. And it's only gonna get worse with time, especially now that pro-wrestlers date each others, marry each others and have kids together. It's gonna be a big-ass incestuous bourgeois family in no time.

It is hilarious though. Like, maybe a little more subtlety ? A little LESS obvious ?

WWE really has had an amazing turnaround, it must be said. It still kinda sucks because of how homogenized and pasteurized it is, but it sucks the least I can imagine it sucking given the constraints it’s operating within.

Re: the nepokids, they’re all pretty good at what they do. Rock’s daughter is still green as shit, but Dempsey is good, Cody is killing it, Orton got memed into being cool again and is still as solid and reliable as ever, Dominik is like the only actual heel in the whole damn business, Charlotte can go even though she’s overexposed, Pillman looks better in NXT than he ever did in AEW, etc.

I just picture Rock powerwalking backstage up to Cody's locker room and give him the "That finishing the story stuff, doesn't work for me brutha." while Lesveque is shrugging in the background. Watcha gonna do when Netflix runs wild ?

16 hours ago, El-P said:

And you know he actually means it too, since he's friends with the Bucks still. 

Are they though?

Cody has never expressly said that, has he?

He's said he thinks highly of the Bucks (and Omega) and hopes they feel the same way about him.

That's not quite the same thing.

For all we know, he agrees with Punk that they're not management material. 

5 hours ago, C.S. said:

Are they though?

Cody has never expressly said that, has he?

He fucking did a shout out to them when he won the Rumble. Last year he stated in an interview that they were still in contact fairly regularly, and that they were bonded for life. Crazy to think that people might be friends, and that not everything fits people's fantasy narrative. 

"He rode their coat-tails and high-tailed it when they had outlived their usefulness, and now they exchange empty platitudes on the social media disgraces", is another way of looking at it.

I have zero fantasies about wrestling (since Summer Rae disappeared (respectfully)).

41 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

"He rode their coat-tails and high-tailed it when they had outlived their usefulness, and now they exchange empty platitudes on the social media disgraces", is another way of looking at it.

That's also another one way to look at it.

I realized that Royal Rumble 1999 was a quarter a century ago today. That's 25 years since me stopping being a WWF (then) fan. I was appalled by the Rock vs Foley match. I was appalled by the focus on Vince (ya know, winning the Rumble and all). 25 years later, I totally pre-shot that shit. The Foley match remains one of the most horrific and wrong in mainstream pro-wrestling, and Vince was a complete piece of trash. 25 years...

Enjoy the Rumble, people. Or don't. 

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

A whole stadium chanting WHOOP THAT TRICK tomorrow is gonna be amazing

I was wondering given the current...unpleasantness surrounding the promotion, is that particular catchphrase a good thing?