Pro Wrestling Only

Would Vince McMahon ever start or buy another wrestling company?

Vince just sold 5.3 million shares of TKO stock for $411,950,000 dollars. That’s only 1/4 of the stock he owns.

I’m sure there is some type of noncompete agreement in place, and I’m definitely not saying he should with all the legal and moral issues. 

But the question still crossed my mind.

If this was 2010 I'd say yes but he's too fucking old (I mean, in 2010 too but these last 14 years he finally started to age and slow down) to start from scratch and he's too much of a control freak to just be "the money guy". So thankfully, I don't see him coming back to the business.

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

He might be delusional enough to try, but there is zero chance he would actually succeed. You need a TV deal to be successful at all but the lowest levels and no media company will touch him with a ten-foot pole at this point.

You’d think so but we live in an age where the rich and powerful have 9 lives. 

He's got enough money that he assuredly could buy any of the existing second-tier companies, although most of them already seem like vanity projects. I guess not TNA, although I really can't imagine Vince going that direction.

If he were to do anything, I think it'd be a new company. I actually do think he could get decent TV of some sort based on his reputation. The bigger question is who he could get to be the lynchpin? Brock?

Vince = pro wrestling to 99% of TV execs, and WWE has been a top ratings draw for cable forever, so I wouldn't put it past some TV company giving him a flier.

However I would think he's going to have his hands full defending the lawsuits to be starting any new businesses wrestling related or otherwise.