Pro Wrestling Only

"Macho Madness: The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection"

stunning_grover

Yeah we can all say the story is bullshit.

Wrestlers spread misinformation all the time and it is frustrating when stuff that I know to be bullshit makes it into Meltzer historical pieces.

But the misinformation that wrestlers spread amongst themselves affects how they behave.

I'm interested in why Savage is considered persona non grata.

Not interested in the question of who Savage actually stuck his cock in and when.

The point is even if Vince knows that the Savage/Steph story is bullshit, we can assume he also knows that people are telling a story of him (for lack of better term) being cuckolded by Savage.

The existance of a rumor as reason for Savage being on the outs is more important than if the rumor is true or not.

Proving that Savage didn't poke Steph doesn't affect the "why is Savage on the outs" issue.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The existance of a rumor as reason for Savage being on the outs is more important than if the rumor is true or not.

Proving that Savage didn't poke Steph doesn't affect the "why is Savage on the outs" issue.

You got me there, boss. I tend to think that whether Savage actually banged and/or molested a 14 year old underage kid (as the "rumor" was told back in Version 1.0) is just a bit more important then him being on the outs with a sleazy wrestling promoter.

John

I would take anything said by someone raised by the undisputed all time world champion of bullshitting with just a little grain of salt.

Also speaking of rumors involving Savage, wasn't the alleged reason Hulk was sporting a shiner at WM 9 that Savage popped him in the eye because he thought he was trying to fuck or had been fucking Liz?

I would take anything said by someone raised by the undisputed all time world champion of bullshitting with just a little grain of salt.

Also speaking of rumors involving Savage, wasn't the alleged reason Hulk was sporting a shiner at WM 9 that Savage popped him in the eye because he thought he was trying to fuck or had been fucking Liz?

No, but Savage blamed Hogan for the breakup of his marriage. I think the story is that Liz became friends with Linda and opened up about how unhappy she was in the marriage, and the support of the Hogans gave her the strength to leave him. I'm also pretty sure she stayed with them after leaving Randy.

Guest The 3H's

I don't see any reason she have to lie about Savage, it's not like she singled him out. It seems simple too I, Savage to some degree may have done inappropriate things with young girls,

For what it's worth, Gorgeous George said Savage wanted to have a three-way with her and her 17-year-old sister.

Also...who posted about it in the sleaze thread?

BabyJesus#29

Posted: Sep 16 2004, 02:42 PM

This thread should never end, please everybody keep

posting. I can't recall the last time I laughed so

much at anything.

Who knew Lita was such a slut, I'm seriously

surprised.

Also there has to be a Stephanie rumor in here

somewhere.

Rip Rogers

Posted: Sep 16 2004, 02:43 PM

I heard a rumour about Stephanie and Bruce Pritchard

when she was younger.

I looooooooooooooove you.

And then two posts later:

G Gordon Liddy

Posted: Sep 16 2004, 03:01 PM

Plumbing Done Right

Macho had his way with Stephanie (she was about 14

then) back in 94/95 and that Vince found out and that

was the true ending for Macho Man in WWF. Makes sense

as the gent never was asked back or has been really

showcased in those nostalgia video packages they do

from time to time.

Brook said it on Howard Stern, she said all of Hogan friends at one point tried to fuck her.

I've never met a girl so ugly that she wasn't convinced that there was some guy on the bus staring at her who wanted to fuck her.

The models who I've met take that delusion to extreme levels. Parents who raise girls to believe that they're so beautiful that the whole world "needs" to see their beauty raise daughters who are convinced that everyone is trying to fuck them.

You got me there, boss. I tend to think that whether Savage actually banged and/or molested a 14 year old underage kid (as the "rumor" was told back in Version 1.0) is just a bit more important then him being on the outs with a sleazy wrestling promoter.

John

Sure child molestation is more important than wrestling. I never argued otherwise.

Still this is a thread about why Vince won’t do business with Savage.

And reading through the thread it seemed at least to me that the purpose of those trying to debunk the rumor was to say that if rumor isn’t true than that can't be the reason for Vince’s actions.

My point was that even if Savage hadn't actually stuffed or diddled an under 18 year old Stephany, even if the rumor is completely bunk, even if Vince knows the rumor to be bunk, the mere existance of a rumor/story, the mere fact that people are talking is sufficient grounds for keeping a guy on the outs.

Parlow: It was bullshit man, you ain't need it on your mind.

Marlo: What the fuck you know about what I need on my mind.My name was on the street? When we bounce from this shit here, y'all going to go down on them corners and let the people know...word did not get back to me. Let them know Marlo step to any motherfucker -- Omar, Barksdale, whoever. My name is my name!

Guest The 3H's

Got one bvetter then that, Tomk

Slim Charles: Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean, shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight.

I still think this is something started by a random poster in the sleaze thread at DVDVR, which someone who follows the Internet within the company probably read, and it spread from there. I don't think there's anything to this, except that in the absence of an explanation, people are searching for one. This rumor never would have seen the light of day if not for the sleaze thread. It's the only source for it, which leads me to believe it has no credibility.

To clarify, that works both ways: not only as something that probably didn't happen, but probably even something Vince hasn't thought of. I can't see someone reading that at DVDVR, then going to Vince and saying, "So is it true that Savage tried to screw your daughter?"

If someone in the DVDVR thread had said something totally different, like that Vince didn't want to work with Savage because he screwed Linda, it would have spread the same way.

Something very well may have happened to give Vince legitimate reason not to want to work with Savage, but there is zero proof that it's this.

It's been repeatedly stated that Vince himself definitely has some kind of staunch anti-Macho bias, that story's been reported several times by Meltzer et al. I just can't buy the "Vince won't bring Savage in because of a rumor which Vince knows isn't true" idea. So what if other people believe it? When the hell has Vincent Kennedy McMahon ever cared about that? This is a dude who publicly called out Congrees, for god's sake. If he wanted to bring Savage back, he certainly wouldn't let some rumor stop him, especially one he knows to be untrue. "Hey everyone, gather round. Stephanie: did Randy fuck you?" "No." "Okay, SlimJims for everyone!"

Didn't Meltzer say he heard the story before the sleaze thread? The sleaze thread certainly made the rumor more widely known, but I don't think it was completely made up out of thin air by some teenage geek like the Benoit Wikipedia controversy. Instead, it was probably made up by someone inside the business for their own shits and giggles.

Well Savage also tried to fuck an underage Brook Hogan.

That is why I don't think this story is completely a lie.

When did Savage and Hogan start hating each other?

Brooke was born on May 5, 1988.

He stopped working as a regular at Road Wild in August 1999, and had been on the shelf for ten months prior to April 1999.

Savage appeared on a 01/14/00 house show in Charleston subbing for Bret Hart.

He appeared on one TV show in May 2000.

Brooke was 10-11 the last time Randy worked regularly with her hold man, and 12 the last time they even appeared on the same show.

It looks like in 2001 that Savage was willing to do business:

Savage issues challenge to Hogan

Press Release: Macho Man Randy Savage Issues Challenge To Hulk Hogan

Those are Dec 2001. My recollection is that they played off the two already having a bit of war of words in the press.

Brooke would have been 13 at that point.

By 2002, they were taking major shots at each other. Hogan went to the big money of the WWF with Hall & Nash. It's possible that Randy wanted some of that and was disappointed he didn't get any.

I don't think the timeline adds up to Macho hitting on a 10-11 year old Brooke.

As far as Brooke, she's grown up in a working environment. You watched the show, right? She and her brother along with Ma Hogan were all as full of shit as Terry.

John

Didn't Meltzer say he heard the story before the sleaze thread? The sleaze thread certainly made the rumor more widely known, but I don't think it was completely made up out of thin air by some teenage geek like the Benoit Wikipedia controversy. Instead, it was probably made up by someone inside the business for their own shits and giggles.

Per the e-mail to Bix earlier in the thread, Dave says he first heard about it in 2001-2002.

John

I still believe that Vince's unwillingness to work with Savage has to do with what was in Bret Hart's book... Savage left the WWF in the dead of the night for WCW, ala Luger. It's thus consistent with the reason Vince wants nothing to do with Luger.

I would, however, grant that part of the reason may be because Savage is so nutty, perhaps nuttier than Vince in some ways. Savage's press releases issuing challenges to Hogan seem more to be about Savage trying to feed his ego, knowing Hogan isn't going to respond to a press release. And we all know Hogan is nutty as well.

But anyway... it may be hard to imagine someone being nuttier than Hogan or Vince, but Savage appears to fit the bill.

Or at least when compared to Hogan. After all, both Vince and Savage released songs in which they sang about how they were better than some guy they didn't care for ("Stand Back" for Vince and "Be A Man" for Savage) and Hogan, for all his stunts, hasn't done that yet. ;)

Guest The 3H's

I still believe that Vince's unwillingness to work with Savage has to do with what was in Bret Hart's book... Savage left the WWF in the dead of the night for WCW, ala Luger. It's thus consistent with the reason Vince wants nothing to do with Luger.

Being crippled and killing Liz might've played a part too.

JDW: I hear alot of wrestlers are pedophiles, Hogan has a lot of wrestling friends, so I see no reason she would be lying about Savage hitting on her while she was underage. She said it creeped her out, because Savage use to babysit her.

I posted earlier in the thread the Raw after Randy signed with WCW where Vince was putting him over strongly. Randy left in broad daylight. It was a time where Vince chose not to match WCW on big deals to Hogan and Randy, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. It wasn't until the Monday Night Era where Vince started to give a shit.

That's part of the problem with the Randy story - lots of "facts" that folks are tossing around don't add up with reality.

John