Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have to give him credit for going three months and 17 posts without anyone noticing. :)

As far as the 2 laptops + 2 desktops w/flat screens + 1 old PC, I wonder if Dave means for his entire house: i.e. his wife's, his kids, his own laptop, etc. Because Dave isn't exactly a techie who would have/need 5 pc's on his *own* in addition to whatever the rest of the family has. :)

John

Guest TheGreatPuma

Yeah, I'm RE. I kinda guessed that post or the Leo Burke one might show it though it wasn't the intention. Not really hiding as my IP is the same though" majic" was spelt as "magic" on purpose as an inside joke. I've always known how to spell it. I just didn't care to get into everything that RE brings with it. I just like to talk wrestling every once in awhile in peace since I will always freaking love it. So yeah, please don't derail this thread anyone. I will not answer any questions here so as not to derail this thread. If someone wants something answered, I may or may not answer in that RE tribute thread or via PM. Love to all:)

Yeah, I'm RE. I kinda guessed that post or the Leo Burke one might show it though it wasn't the intention. Not really hiding as my IP is the same though" majic" was spelt as "magic" on purpose as an inside joke. I've always known how to spell it. I just didn't care to get into everything that RE brings with it. I just like to talk wrestling every once in awhile in peace since I will always freaking love it. So yeah, please don't derail this thread anyone. I will not answer any questions here so as not to derail this thread. If someone wants something answered, I may or may not answer in that RE tribute thread or via PM. Love to all:)

Unless I missed something, you were never banned. Pretending to be a different person seems unnecessary.

Guest TheGreatPuma

Dave's writeup on Kobashi in the 2nd WON of the week is phenomenal. Dave at his best.

I really gotta check that out. I was in tears watching Kobashi's entrance to his retirement match to the post match celebration.

Unless I missed something, you were never banned. Pretending to be a different person seems unnecessary.

As someone who spent more than a little free time poking RE with a stick over the internet, I think it was smart. "Resident Evil" was a name that carried a lot of baggage with it. Taking on a new identity frees him of that and lets him get a fresh start.

As someone who spent more than a little free time poking RE with a stick over the internet, I think it was smart. "Resident Evil" was a name that carried a lot of baggage with it. Taking on a new identity frees him of that and lets him get a fresh start.

Til he gets outed, of course.

Speaking of which, what you said, GreatPuma, doesn't make sense. If someone doesn't need more than 4 hours of sleep, why is it recommended to sleep from dusk til dawn? That spans over 6 hours at least. Personally, I am one of the few people I know who can actually be playing video games til 3 am, go to bed, then wake up at 7 am with no ill effects to my energy or mental capacity, over a long haul. I don't think it's genetics or luck or anything. I think it has more to do with training your body to accept that it is all the rest it is getting, and to adjust accordingly, over a LONG period of time.

Til he gets outed, of course.

Well, yes. An identity is more than just a name, after all. Changing RE's identity proper would also means not acting like RE. Considering he went over three months without detection...that's a somewhat promising sign. That said, it's all out the window now, but I, at least, will continue to honor his unspoken request to be seen as a new man, at least until he starts acting the bastard child of Max Cady and John Yiamouyiannis again.

Guest Nell Santucci

"IN PRO WRESTLING OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS, WHO DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIGGEST ALL-TIME GREAT?

Ric Flair 23.5%

Steve Austin 18.8%

Shawn Michaels 13.7%

Bret Hart 9.7%

Kenta Kobashi 9.2%

Hulk Hogan 7.7%

The Rock 5.2%

Mitsuharu Misawa 4.7%

Kurt Angle 3.8%

Keiji Muto 2.3%

John Cena 0.9%

HHH 0.5%"

They must not have read the question carefully.

Have Dave or Bryan ever explained the rationale of the polls? Dave often mocks them and Bryan too when the results are, as he'd say, preposterous. I can see the MMA ones making sense and current wrestling product polls too but the historical ones are a source of embarrassment more often than not.

He had a Benoit related name before that, and it had baggage as well... so it's not like RE cleaned it up for long, nor will Puma. Kind of pointless since it's the same poster, and he'll eventually go down the same path. The name change doesn't really change anything.

John

He had a Benoit related name before that, and it had baggage as well... so it's not like RE cleaned it up for long, nor will Puma. Kind of pointless since it's the same poster, and he'll eventually go down the same path. The name change doesn't really change anything.

John

Probably not. Though, to be entirely fair, "ResidentEvil" was never trying to go incognito. He just needed to disassociate from the "WildPegasus" name after Benoit killed his family, and that was what he came up with. "TheGreatPuma" seemed to be hoping we wouldn't notice who he was, which at least suggests enough self-awareness to know that who he was was someone nobody would want to be associated with. Hope for the best, be ready for the worst, I say.

P.S. Remember this a few months from now when people are accusing me of cyber-bullying him again :)

Oh, I agree that the shift from WP --> RE wasn't done to go incognito. It's just that the rep of WP went with him to RE. And now that folks know GP = RE = WP, it's not like the name change to GP offers a new beginning anymore.

I could change my name from jdw to something else. Once folks know that name is jdw, there's 17 years of online baggage that gets attached to it.