Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

Johnny Sorrow

Members
  • Posts

    5777
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Johnny Sorrow

  1. Johnny Sorrow

    NXT talk

    Everything I've heard is that when they want guys to change their name, they ask the talent to come up with a list of names for themselves.
  2. Hey, TK. Hang in there man. You're gonna be ok. Of course, heart surgery IS a convenient excuse to have watched this and post about it. Hmmmmmm...... Seriously, all positive energy your way, man.
  3. Hey, I just read that Kenny Omega is better than Ricky Steamboat! Jesus fucking Christ.
  4. Finlay sliced his leg in a match with Knobbs. The Formica table split and a shard tore his leg apart.
  5. Actually, that was during a match in the ring after he went through a table. But it's easy to mix it up, since lots of other injuries did happen during the Junkyard thing.
  6. I'm enjoying the 24/7 antics thus far, so if it is Prichard than good on him. And I just heard Tom kinda parrot that "Greater than WrestleMania" line with no enthusiasm.
  7. The plates fucking stink, but I'm a sucker for the green strap. I love the big green belt that Backlund, Sheik, And Hogan had.
  8. I'm watching Smackdown, and was enjoying it, and then an ad for Blood Money 3 came on and I was all ready to be pissed. Until I saw it. It's really fast and only thing the VO guy says is " WWE Super show down, live from Jedda, will be as good as, or will exceed WrestleMania." Vince didn't write that. The Saudis did. Did they just use the drop they made for English speaking people in Saudi Arabia? It's fucking hilarious.
  9. All of us watching here lost our minds at that spot. It was insane.
  10. Look, Vince and FOX want Brock around. I totally understand that. He's a name that still gets attention from the mainstream world. And the idea of Brock with the MITB case is cool. But again, me personally? I've been tired of Brock and Heyman for a long time. I will say that Brock's smile as he took the case was great. He's a great heel.
  11. I enjoyed that show but fucking Brock? I mean, I get it. I know why. But I'm so sick of him and Heyman.
  12. Wow, they must've called that on the fly since Joe's nose was crushed, right?
  13. I really liked that match. It was fun.
  14. I'm gonna take a drink every time I hear "wild card". I expect to wake up in the tub.
  15. Naomi's Bumblebee outfit is dope. I was just reading an article about how Bumblebee was DC's first female African-American super hero.
  16. Oh and finding out that JR and Heenan liked to smoke weed together before doing VO's is my favorite thing ever.
  17. JR talking about "Who had Meltzer duty" in various promotions is really gonna fuck with Prichard and Bischoff's narratives.
  18. You can hear Kelly (Ricky Jackson), Pete (Shoe), and me talk about all this early World Class insanity on World Cast, one of many great podcasts on the PWO podcast network. Even if you think I'm an asshole, check it out. We're fun!
  19. I'm not done with it. Since I'm never going to sit on the coach and watch a show while listening to a podcast, watch along shows are hit and miss. But so far there's been some good conversation about things that aren't happening on the screen.
  20. What the fuck? I was about to write about how awesome the Von Erich episode was and why....and I'm reading about Native American and Gypsy curses being taken seriously?
  21. It's the reverse of World Cast. We talk about a show that went from ice cold to hot, they're talking about a show that went from hot to awful, and really fast.
  22. As far as the stocks thing goes, once the FOX money comes in, the stocks will leap up. And so will viewership, which will lead to more interest in WWE. Vince getting a show on one of the big four networks is the long con. I know we're in the age of streaming, but don't ever think that there's not a ton of folks who still watch TV the old fashioned way. And being on FOX also means that people who can't afford anything but the modern version of "rabbit ears" to watch TV for free are gonna get Smackdown as one of a limited amount of choices to watch on the night it airs. And people will watch.
  23. Because the person with the substance problem deserves a chance to go to rehab. The boss who allows the person who's intoxicated to work should be held responsible.
  24. Well now two of the Titans have gone fucking nuts.
  25. "The Viking Experience"? Fucking really? I mean, I get not wanting "War" in the name, and wanting to go all in on the Viking gimmick. But "The Viking Experience "? That stinks.
×
×
  • Create New...