-
Posts
18681 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by El-P
-
And Maria Kanellis and her husband have just signed a 5 year new contract apparently. Because they are sooooo valuable to the company.
-
I'm way behind on my AAA watch, and today is Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks return match apparently, but the "big" news coming off yesterday's show was Scarlett being groped by a fan at ringside. Saw the GIF, WTF was that guy thinking ? If there was ever a time to get some douchebag fan backstage... Does he know who is Scarlett's boyfriend ? Probably not...
-
Yes, probably, and who could fault him for that. Speaking of G1 being a grind, Tanahashi being in is kinda worrying honestly, he looked in really poor shape at Dominion. Archer I guess is the surprise low-tier entrant. Anything better than Henare though, I couldn't put myself through a bunch of single Henare matches. He's decent and all, but he annoys the fuck out of me. Taichi finally getting in is cool. The guys is really underrated.
-
Yeah, no Suzuki is disappointing. Apart from that, it looks like an awesome tournament again, and quite fresh compared to the last two or three years which had more or less the same cast.
-
It was an awesome match. It was also ridiculous they let it go on after that godawful botch and neck twist on the apron, and the head-drops after this point were as morbid as anything Mick Foley ever did, and from that perspective, it was pretty awful. That being said, they know what they are doing. Misawa died, so they know. There's something self-destructive about Ibushi anyway, that should not be commended as far as worker's safety goes. It made, however, the whole thing quite compelling to watch. Doesn't mean it was smart, not even "enjoyable", but compelling ? Sure. Now, would I want to see more of this ? No way.
-
And guess who's gonna be the first guest ? Tony Khan...
-
Any words anywhere on that We The Independent thingy that is seemingly happening, involving people like David Starr ? Things are really getting interesting all around the industry...
-
Georgia Dome. Do it. (fuck, it doesn't exist anymore ?)
-
BTW, it appears ROH is fucking dying everywhere. Crazy how they went from #2 by default to a non-entity after that MSG show, which basically was a NJPW feat. ROH event by that point. (and this despite booking modern-day-proven-draw Enzo into a super hot angle....).
-
Hey, that make WWE the #3 promotion in the US these days ! Still #1 in Saudi Arabia for Pride Month though...
-
The bit about getting tickets by Cody on BTE was pretty funny. Damn, that's impressive. I guess Meltz will have to deal with more salty WWE fanboys on Twitter...
-
I was about to post that one. Well, Dustin Rhodes, Natural cow-boy to "androgynous" movie buff freak dressed as an Academy Award statue.
-
MJF vs Davey Boy Smith JR. was the most mid-90's match I've seen in a long long time. It was good, but also felt dated a bit, kinda like a very minor Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett match. Also, Aria Blake is back and she's basically doing Tammy Fytch from SMW. Yeah, Corny sure is working behind the scenes...
-
So why the hell stuff like this happen ? http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/killer-kross-release-request-impact/#.XQK7zi3pNE5 Apparently, Kross also said Scarlett is living with her mum and works another job (I have not listened to the podcast but it was reported). For fuck's sake iMPACT. Hope they find a way out straight into AEW, as I really enjoy both.
-
Because Isaiah Scott sounds SOOOOO much better than Swerve Shane Strickland, as a pro-wrestling name. For a while they kept everyone's name, and all of a sudden they're back to change everybody's with the worst, blandest, most awkward name possible.
-
No idea why I never thought of this. The great lucha-libre scene in OSS 117 Rio ne répond plus. (fantastic movie)
-
It's not. But it's clearly not as easy as "Oh, I was a different person back then, I was just dumb, my apologies, I'm cool now." I've seen a fascinating documentary not too long ago about this subject, and those people have a hard time dealing with their hateful past. Sometimes they are being harrassed by their former fascist friends and have to actually go into hiding because they are considered as traitors and are actually threatened. A lot are living in absolute shame and pain of what they have done during their hate years (that former neo-nazi guy telling with real pain in his voice he once kicked a pregnant woman because she simply was arabic, and how he sees her face everyday in his mind and has to live with the shame of it). It's like, a deep, long process, a lifetime thing of trying to get away from that thing. Which is why :
-
Also, newsflash : most people who are racist shit at 20 usually are still racist shit at 30, 40, 50 etc... I mean, cosplaying the Protocol of Learned Elders of Zion when you're in college, well... yeah you're pretty much an anti-semitic shit already. The whole "I've changed" bullshit which apparently happens a lot in the entertainment industry when evidence are dug up reeks of, well, bullshit that has nothing to do with real life, in which most racist shit at 20 are still racist shit all their lives, sadly (hell, it rather goes the other way around, people who weren't racist when then were young turn racist later on because of whatever brain fuck they go through). Ok sure, you *can* change, thankfully, but painting awful racist statements as "being young and dumb" is a huge cop out. You don't do racist jewish caricature just because you're dumb. You don't wear SS T-shirts just because you like bikes either.
-
Dunno, really enjoyed most of the show. Moxley is the G1 = exciting. Takagi in the G1 = exciting. KENTA in the G1 = different (and maybe really cool). I thought Ibushi vs Naito was nowhere near as horrific as it's been portrayed. Well, except Das Bump, of course, which looked like Ibushi didn't exactly took it the way he intended. One of the grossest bump ever. Naito really did not take any hard neck bump, he really tuck his head on the tombstone. Ibushi on the other hand, really tried to bump on his head the most time possible. I don't care, I call this a great match, although Das Bump was the stupidest thing ever, especially on the eve of Misawa's death anniversary. But the story of the match itself, in all its sacrificial glory, was quite compelling. As the meme says : Ibushi : if you want to beat me, you're gonna have to kill me ! Naito : hold my beer. Now, I'd wish Ibushi would stop doing that and do tons of cool kicks and face palms and roll up counters and some cool flying instead. Please ? Naito still is a great, great pro-wrestler. His heeling was glorious and he looked legit deranged at times. Posing with his feet on the head of Ibushi was the cherry on the cake. Undercard had that really cool Takagi vs Kojima match, which was as good as a Koji match in 2019 can be and really flowed well for a veteran vs aspiring heavy goes. Ospreay vs Dragon Lee developed into a great match. Match of the night too. But I think Ospreay was kinda hurt after his amazingly strong MOTYC against Takagi. Loved most of Jericho vs Okada. Great match for a while but the ending kinda fell flat to me (for execution issues, not the fact it was basically a Bret Hart finish, which I like), although the reason was obvious. I really enjoy old-ass Jericho. Now against Tana ? Why the fuck not. They have to mix things up a bit. The crowd booing loudly at the end, not too sure if this was in kayfabe mode or if they got pissed by the bullshit. The Guerrillas of Destiny are beyond tired and the whole bullshit with Jado is already old. The Tongans could vanish from the promotion tomorrow honestly, although Tama is pretty good. The tag team scene is pretty dull. Me want Liger vs Suzuki. I'm a Taichi fan and he showed up again, although I didn't think it was as good as the latest Ishii match. Still very enjoyable, love Ishii getting Taichi out of his troll shell. Here's hoping Taichi gets in the G1 and goes more and more into Kawada mode. Excellent card overall.