Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-01-23-WCW-Clash of the Champions XXXII] Ric Flair & The Giant vs Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love how Giant just tosses Hogan aside after the backbreaker. Of course being Hogan, he has to come back with a slam. He can never just let the opponent get a good spot. Then at the end, Flair wins but it's Hogan who keeps the ring.

Does Hogan signal Pillman to come to him so he can grab Pillman's hair? Fun match clip, anyway. Amazing how Liz looks like Sunny here - blonde and same kind of short boob-dress. For a second at first, I thought it WAS Sunny.

• 2 weeks later...

Liz has noticeably grown in a certain area....doubt she has been hitting the gym. Hogan slamming the Giant is not as impressive as the Andre the Giant slam. Paul was so slim back then, and just a tall dude. This match wasn't anything special but Flair did pin the world champ.

The Zodiac's tights still look like recycled Booty Man tights.

• 2 years later...

Kevin Greene?!? I think it is a mistake to bring in a football player who was never known as being superhumanly big and then have him be about the size of Hogan. When they had the Shaq / Big Show altercation, at least Shaq is known for his crazy size, so him being taller than Show didn't cause so much cognitive dissonance.

• 1 month later...

Yep. Can’t help but notice Elizabeth’s enhancement. Tony talks about Andre the Giant/Hogan from 1987. They make way too much of a deal of Hogan slamming the Giant. Heenan is freaked out when the action spills to the outside and takes another walk. Flair uses the foreign object for the win. The Dungeon runs down only to be beat up by Hogan and Kevin Greene.

• 6 months later...

I don't think Liz got enhanced before late 1997 when she came back at Starrcade, but maybe I'm wrong. I think the dress was doing the trick here. Anyway, she indeed kinda looked like Sunny. Not yet as foxy as she would become as a heel. Oh, there was a match too. The usual stuff from these four. Savage was okay working with Flair during this period, but he was so much better as a heel to me. They do absolutely nothing with Woman, which is odd. Flair winning is quite the shocker. Damn heel booker Sullivan, he was trying his best to put heat on the heels despite Hogan's insecure attitude.

• 11 months later...

This is a total mess, and surprisingly low on heat. Heenan is *still* spooked after the Pillman incident--as soon as Hogan and Giant spill to the floor, Heenan bails from the announce position. Flair steals a win with brass knucks, though Hogan and Kevin Greene get to run off Zodiac and Pillman afterward. I can't imagine a player participating in something like this less than a week before the Super Bowl in this day and age.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-01-23-WCW-Clash of the Champions XXXII] Ric Flair & The Giant vs Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage