Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-06-12-WCW-Saturday Night] Lost in Cleveland

Loss

• 2 months later...

A reporter is looking for Cactus Jack. "Colette", a large woman wearing a moo-moo, does a ridiculous interview, yelling at Dewey to play nice and saying that Cactus forgot she was pregnant and should go on a diet. As much as Foley hated this, I'm not sure he hated this enough, because this is SOOOO, SOOOO terrible. The reporter realizes the word "Cleveland" has popped up twice in these reports. Hmmm ...

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A fat hillbilly woman playing "Colette" tearfully asks where Jack is. Jack has a quick-healing body, but his memory is gone. All while "Catherine White" constantly nods or shakes her head and "Colette" yells at "Dewey." "Dewey CLEVELAND?" Oh, how subtle.

This is my first time seeing these...holy shit, this is already as bad as its reputation. WCW is so utterly godawful at this point. I'd love to know who Catherine White is.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This is certainly not good. I don't think I have as much viscerally hate for this as others as I just view it as wrestlecrap worthy and not something offensive but it does pour away some of the goodwill WCW has gained throughout the year for me including stuff I defend to a degree like Flair for the Gold. Collette cast in this way was so stereotypical and the melodrama is too much.

• 1 year later...

Was that really Colette Foley? The woman sounded like someone who would play either a whore or a wronged wife on ​The Jerry Springer Show.

At least I know now why they called these segments "Lost in Cleveland". I'd always wondered about that.

It sounds like this was an early attempt to give Mick the multiple personalities that he'd become known for in the WWF. I'd like to have seen what Bischoff and company would have done with Dude Love and Mankind.

Does anyone know if Dewey's middle name is really Cleveland, or did they just make this up for the angle?

I'll wait to see more of these before I determine how bad they are. I get what you guys are saying about this angle being out there, but how could you have done a realistic follow-up to Cactus being injured like he was by Vader? The standard rehab promos and vignettes would have been just that: standard and not really good either. I guess they could have just forgotten about him until the time came for his return, but the way WCW went through storylines at this time, there's no guarantee that they would have remembered to do ​anything ​with it by then.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-06-12-WCW-Saturday Night] Lost in Cleveland