Pro Wrestling Only

Favorite WrestleMania moment

flyonthewall2983

I haven't seen it in years, but I still love the post-match of the Savage-Warrior match. Actually, really the whole scene including the match and post-match is probably my favorite moment.

Also, I love Bret Hart's celebration with all the other wrestlers after beating Yokozuna and Owen looking on from the aisle way at the end of WrestleMania X.

This is probably not my favourite moment, but I am probably the only guy on earth who'd mention it:

At Wrestlemania 5, during Jake vs. Andre when DiBiase sneaks down to the ring and tries to steal Damien.

It's a tiny moment that links so many different things together - it's the sort of continuity you'd NEVER see today. Andre and DiBiase probably hadn't tagged since Summerslam 88, but their alliance was still strong enough that he'd come and try to make that save. Fast-forward a year and it's Jake vs. DiBiase at Wrestlemania 6. Just one little thing linking three Wrestlemanias.

---------

Have to have a think about my all-time favourite WM moment. Probably Flair's post-match promo at Wrestlemania 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlBcsC1v8wA

"One time means NOTHING to my career!"

I was about the same age for WM8. It was my cousin's birthday, so the party was at his house watching the PPV. That was a lot of fun, especially all of us chanting "KILL THE SNAKE!" at the TV during Taker-Jake. After the show, a few of us were wondering if that was a replacement Ultimate Warrior since he looked so much different and had disappeared so suddenly after Summerslam. I may have definitely stated that it couldn't have been the original.

Two that just make me laugh:

1. Hogan yelling "You ain't nothing meatball!" at The Rock.

2. During HBK vs Taker at 25, when HBK kicks out of the tombstone JR screams "I JUST HAD AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE!" like a maniac.

Elliott

Had no idea I had an account here. That's awesome :)

I was about the same age for WM8. It was my cousin's birthday, so the party was at his house watching the PPV. That was a lot of fun, especially all of us chanting "KILL THE SNAKE!" at the TV during Taker-Jake. After the show, a few of us were wondering if that was a replacement Ultimate Warrior since he looked so much different and had disappeared so suddenly after Summerslam. I may have definitely stated that it couldn't have been the original.

I also have a pretty funny WM 8 story. I was in the 7th grade but had a friend that was a senior (he lived up the street from me). Well he was having a party at his cousin's house and I went with my brother and father. He had a cousin that had some sort of disability as she was in a wheelchair and had one of those breathing tube type things. Well she was a huge fan and would yell and swear at the wrestlers all night.

Off the top of my head:

Piper/Bret; "Hit him with the fucking bell Roddy!"

UT/Jake: "This shit is fake if Undertaker can't beat Jake the Snake"

plus some cracks about Ray Combs.

anyway when Warrior returned my friend was in his room with his girlfriend and when he heard Warrior's theme through the door he came bursting out screaming. It doesn't sound funny in print but it was an awesome moment. Great times

Shit, I was 22 and me and my roomie both were positive it was Kerry Von Erich dressed as Warrior, lol.

In watching WM III the other day, I still get a kick out of WWF having the balls to let Danny Davis get the pin in the six-man tag match where he teamed with the Hart Foundation against the Bulldogs and Tito Santana. Every one in the building expected Davis to get his ass kicked and then pinned easily and then he cheats his way to victory.