Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-04-18-SMW-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies

Loss

• 1 month later...

Cornette is wearing an outfit I haven't seen him in since 1988 -- the sparkly red tux.

They cut to a promo of Danny Davis & Joey Maggs about an upcoming match against the Bodies in the tag tournament.

Stan Lane does an awesome promo accusing SMW female fans of sexual harassment, telling them to keep their hands to themselves or they will start filing lawsuits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Maggs pushes his sore neck--attention to detail! Davis and Maggs got a victory over the Russians to set themselves up as legit contenders.

Stanfield cuts a deadly serious promo regarding sexual harrassment at the hands of the fat cornfed women pawing them at arenas. I think this was a little late to capitalize on the Clarence Thomas stuff but still good work from Lane.

• 2 years later...

The interview opens with a video interview from Danny Davis & Joey Maggs who say that no-one gave them a chance against the Koloffs, but look what happened? No-one may give them a chance against the Heavenly Bodies, but you never know and they may just come out on top again? Maggs continues to sell the neck from the Orndorff angle the previous week (shame Reno Riggins didn't follow his lead). Cornette warns Maggs that his neck will hurt even more when they get through with him. Stanfield then wants to talk about something that is of upmost importance to him; not the tag team tournament, not wrestling rankings, but sexual harassment. These poor, fat, deprived, corn fed women have been groping and pawing the Bodies ever since they came to SMW and 's sick of it. He's going to notify the authorities and has already talked to Commissioner Armstrong to put a stop to it. Tells everyone to keep their nasty, greasy, sweaty, fat palms off them or they're going to have something done about it. Cornette then says that they'll press charges and after they've won the belts at the Volunteer Slam they'll have new ones made as the originals don't look good enough for them!

First time I've ever heard Lane referred to as Stanfield and he was great cutting this serious promo, almost pissed that he's having to lower himself by wrestling in all these dirty towns in front of the hillbilly locals.

• 4 months later...

I laughed at the idea of Stan claiming sexual harassment on behalf of himself and Dr. Tom. You passed that stage a while ago, boys. Still, it was a good choice by Corny to let him deliver that part of the promo, as it sounds more serious coming from him than from a known bull artist like Corny.

I hope they let Dr. Tom talk next time; he's the second-best promo of the three of them, although not by nearly as much as I thought before I saw Stan here.

I loved the look on Bob's face when Stan mentioned sexual harassment: "Oh, no, what are they getting us into now?"

Davis was decent in the insert, but I could have done without Maggs, although he did sell his neck well. Joey was a lot more interesting during the minute and a half he spent as Eddie Gilbert's protégé in Memphis back in 1990.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-04-18-SMW-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies
  • 4 months later...