Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-05-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Barry Windham

Loss

• 1 month later...

Jim Ross and Jason Hervey interview Barry Windham, who is wearing his Jesse Ventura t-shirt. There's a fan causing problems heckling and Windham decides to go confront him, but he's hiding his face. Then we realize it's Paul E. And there goes Barry's interview time.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Jim Ross interviews Windham with Hervey there. I like these interviews in concept but the presentation is bush league compared with WWF and guests like Hervey don't help. Heyman in costume heckles Windham. It seemed to be setting up a Dangerous Alliance attack but we didn't get that. Missy looked good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuck me, Jason Hervey is back to haunt my life again. Windham says that Dustin is one of Hervey's biggest fans, which makes me lose a lot of respect for the Natural. Windham is targetting Austin's TV title. He quickly confronts an Undertaker-looking fan heckling him, while Missy holds the microphone, and it's Paul E. with a fake beard. Cute segment even with Hervey polluting it.

• 2 years later...

The problem with Hervey is that he looks and sounds like he's too much of a mark to be allowed on television. "What's it like to be Dustin Rhodes' tag team partner"? That's a question that a fourteen year-old girl asks, not a commentator, guest or no guest. Then again, we can guess who probably fed him the question; I hear he's very closely connected to Dustin, if you know what I mean. the question I have is: Even if Missy was dating Hervey at the time, how did Dusty take such a liking to him?

The stuff with Heyman as the heckling fan was well-conceived, but it was over way too fast to mean anything. Maybe it would have had more impact if Paul had marched down to the ring to confront Barry and Barry had run him off. As it was, by the time Barry got to Paul and revealed him as the heckler, they needed to take a break and the whole thing fizzled out. Next time, guys, leave more time for your angles, both large and small.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-05-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Barry Windham
  • 1 year later...