Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-06-27-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett & Jackie Fargo and The Moondogs

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another Moondogs studio run-in as they assault Lawler & Jarrett, but JACKIE FARGO runs in with a trash can and runs off Lee and the Dogs. Fargo's enthusiasm and panache is so darned infectious--even in his old age it shines through. And the normally stoic Dave Brown is just completely losing his shit over this. Fargo will be officiating this Monday's tag title match--usually Jackie's presence is a clear signal that some big stuff is going to go down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

We all knew he was coming, and now he's here. For however old he was, Jackie looked really good here. He wasn't quite Superman- he only stunned the Dogs with his board shots instead of knocking them cold- but nobody cared. Dave and Corey seemed particularly happy to see him; then again, he isn't refereeing a match of theirs Monday night!

Lawler can talk all he wants about how he and Jeff just want a fair match, but the only reason Jackie's here is to kick some Moondog tail. It's just a question of how far one of them (most likely Lee) will push him before he snaps.

Jackie's line about how if Lawler and Jeff get beat he'll just go play golf and forget about it is my new Line of the Month for June, and it's in the top three for the year so far.

I find it amazing that Corey hadn't met Jackie before this show. Come to think of it, though, Michael St. John was in the co-host's chair the last time he got involved over a year before, and before that I want to say that the last time we saw him was when he refereed Lawler's AWA World title victory over Curt back in '88. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-06-27-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett & Jackie Fargo and The Moondogs
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...