Pro Wrestling Only

1998 Recommendations

Loss

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some RWTL '98 matches with the Ace/Barton team (vs Kawada/Taue, vs Kobashi/Akiyama) that I think would be interesting. Solid action and an introduction to Mike "Bart Gunn" Barton as a capable worker. Lynch 1226 (disc 2) has both of those.

Regarding the MPro matches above: the 10-man isn't compete on #89 (disc 1), but it's more complete. Oddly enough, the tag league final seems to be slightly LESS complete despite more time being devoted to the show...

Who is in the match?

Liger, Samurai & Wagner vs Ohtani, Kanemoto & Takaiwa

Any timetable on this bad boy coming out? Have a lot of free time this Summer and kinda want to watch a Yearbook, and if a newer one is coming out soon I'd rather just jump on that from the start than watch a previous one.

Any timetable on this bad boy coming out? Have a lot of free time this Summer and kinda want to watch a Yearbook, and if a newer one is coming out soon I'd rather just jump on that from the start than watch a previous one.

For the record, it wasn't me asking....this time. :)

More RWTL on Lynch 1267, mostly clipped. Misawa/Ogawa vs Ace/Barton, Kawada/Taue vs Kobashi/Akiyama, the Kobashi/Akiyama vs Vader/Hansen round-robin and final, and more. Plenty worth including that won't take up much space.

Almost done with my '98 puro viewing.

NJ 12/4/98 (Lynch 1316), Tenryu/Koshinaka vs Hashimoto/Fujinami is a fun slugfest. Tenryu vs Hashimoto is MONEY, now and forever. Also has Norton vs Nakanishi in what is probably the worst IWGP match of the '90s for star power and one of the most underwhelming title bouts you'll ever see. Yikes.