Pro Wrestling Only

What are you watching?

Tim Cooke

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WWF presents one of their best tag team matches of the era as Ricky Steamboat and Tito Santana combine to battle Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake. World Champion Hulk Hogan faces Paul Orndorff, who finds himself in a moral crisis. The undercard is full of a healthy dose of bad matches (Ivan Putski), inane commentary, steroids and Bret Hart trying to steal the show while tangling with George Wells.

A look into JCP's debut on WTBS sees an awesome promo from Ole Anderson delivering threats, Jimmy Valiant's boogie, Dusty Rhodes being awesome, wacky music videos, Ric Flair living up to his rep as the "Nature Boy", Tully Blanchard looking for a classy whore, and other fun from some of the best wrestlers of the era!

At lunchtimes, I am picking a random year between 1951-2018, and watching something from the WWE Network, the All Japan Archive and NJPW World from that year, where possible. Currently working through 1987. The episode of Prime Time I watched was interminably dull, with a main event of Honky Tonk Man v Billy Jack Haynes, Sam Houston v Iron Mike Sharpe, an Outback Jack match, a Leaping Lanny Poffo match etc. The most enjoyable match was the Young Stallions v the Shadows, which was fine, but lasted FOREVER (cut off, hot tag, cut off, hot tag, cut off, hot tag, repeat endlessly...). Next up will be a Tenryu/Jumbo v Yatsu/Teranishi match which should be much more fun!

A look into one of the first VHS releases for the WWF. Featuring legends like Chief Jay Strongbow, Haystacks Calhoun and Ray Stevens in action, plus a hard hitting clash between Tito Santana and Greg Valentine, a pair of battle royals, a ten man tag team contest with Andre the Giant as a centerpiece, a violent brawl with the JYD and Jimmy Snuka fighting Bob Orton and Roddy Piper and other action!

Fun match between Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus) and James Ellsworth for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship.

A classic? No. But enjoyable. I really liked the emphasis on the rules. I'm not sure if that's an NWA edict or something Championship Wrestling from Hollywood - where the match took place - already does.

It's the first match in Aldis's "Ten Pounds of Gold Crusade" where he defends the title 20 times in the next 60 days all over the world. He's facing Colt Cabana in China in April.

They do need to work on their presentation a bit though. The audio, for example, was a bit rough to understand at times and slightly out oot of sync. Again, not sure if that's a CWF or NWA issue.

Grudge Match '86 is full of feuds, blood and brawls including Terry Funk's troubles with the JYD, Hulk Hogan's tussle with Don Muraco, a pair of hard hitting Greg Valentine and Tito Santana bouts for the IC title, Bruno Sammartino butting heads with Billy Graham and Ivan Koloff, and the Hogan/Piper rivalry coming to a head!

Watching the NOVA Pro show from last night on Powerbomb. Great company.

Hell yes! NOVA Pro is my favorite promotion on Powerbomb. And my 2nd favorite is the CTW promotion out of Portugal that I've seen no one else ever talk about even though it's really fun.

April 1985 sees a top WWF heel find the error of his ways, a riot breaks out in California, a former NWA champion appears to sign with the WWF-then backs out, a legend appears on TNT and promises to bring in a new heel faction, Hulk Hogan butts heads with the WWF brass over drugs, Vince McMahon looks to fund a sport that is not wrasslin', An NWA legend returned to help his "brother", the National tag team champions implode, Flair fights a Freebird in the Omni, plus more news, notes and results!

Recently started watching ECW from the start, which I haven't been able to as i thappened because it didn't air here. Just watched Hardcore TV 23, right before UltraClash 93.

Which brings me to my question, is there a way to watch these ECW Supercards online? The Network doesn't have them, and I'd really like to watch, the hype train has me all aboard from the weekly TV.

Recently started watching ECW from the start, which I haven't been able to as i thappened because it didn't air here. Just watched Hardcore TV 23, right before UltraClash 93.

Which brings me to my question, is there a way to watch these ECW Supercards online? The Network doesn't have them, and I'd really like to watch, the hype train has me all aboard from the weekly TV.

Would youtube or Dailymotion not have them?

Try watchwrestling in google. Maybe that might have them in a big pack.

"Inside the Steel Cage" has some classic matches. Randy Savage and Adrian Adonis fighting Bruno Sammartino and Tito Santana is the stand out. Andre vs. Studd is like a monster movie come to life, Piper brawling with Bruno is great fun. The classic endings to Santana against Valentine and Muraco defending the IC title against Snuka are worth the inclusion, plus we get Hogan, Backlund and Bruno title defenses!

Watched night one of Honor Rising earlier. Show was alright. Golden Lovers are terrific but felt that the main event suffered by having no one on the heel side (Cody, Hangman Page, Scurll) capable of carrying the action. Young Bucks vs Finlay/Juice was pretty good, as was KUSHIDA/Hiromu/Flip Gordon match. Best thing about the show was that it was about ~2:20 long.

Now have moved on to yesterday’s Beyond show, mainly for the Janela vs Gage match.

WWF "Grand Slams" is a solid starting point for anyone who wants to see some of the best and most famous moments from the early to mid-80's in the WWF. Clips include: Tito and Greg Valentine ending their long feud, Piper taunting Mr. T, Wendi Richter being screwed out of the Women's title, MIDGETS, World title changes, tag title turmoil, Macho Man stealing the IC title from Santana, Gorilla Monsoon boxes Andre the Giant, Ali confronts Monsoon, the Birth of Hulkamania, 3 battle royals, an irate Andre battering Killer Khan, Snuka's cage dive and more!!

"Villians of the Squared Circle" sees an early dose of evil Jake the Snake, a bloody fight with Pedro Morales and Animal Steele, Andre squares off with an NFL star nearly as large as he is, Captain Lou takes a beating from Gorilla Monsoon, Don Muraco looks for a porker to screw, highlights from an angle that Mid-South mocked on their TV soon after, Roddy Piper's greatest hits, Macho Man's conniving victory over IC champ Tito Santana, an American hero falls short, Andre falls to Studd and Bundy's assault, and we close with a haircut that spawned months of violence!

The WWF returns to MSG three weeks after Wrestlemania. Action includes Matt Bourne doing his best to ruin his WWF gig, and jobbers receiving title matches. The announcers blatantly lie about celebrities at the show. A giant of a man batters an AARP member. We find out if Ricky Steamboat can carry Moondog Spot to a good match. Hulk Hogan attends a circus that Vince McMahon isn't in charge of, then Hogan GRAPPLES - he honest to God puts out a tour de force of technical wizardry unseen in the era of Hulkamania. America's honor is defended by the U.S. Express and Tito Santana's war with Greg Valentine continues in the show's finale!

"Wrestling's Superheroes" is a mix of MSG gems like Roddy Piper facing Rick Rude in a really good cage match, as well as the Ultimate Warrior battling Randy Savage in a champion vs. champion bout where Savage pinballs for his beastly foe. Other than that we see PPV and SNME repeats with Hogan butting heads with Hercules, the Powers of Pain knocking around Demolition, and Jimmy Snuka tangling with the Hammer.

"Supertape" sees former AWA and NWA champions squaring off in a WWF ring, "No Holds Barred" comes to life as Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan battle the Macho King and Zeus in a steel cage, The Million Dollar Man tangles with Jake the Snake, Tito Santana grapples with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Tugboat debuts, and the Bushwackers face off with 3 different teams who can't match the Wackers technical wizardry in the ring.

"Supertape" sees former AWA and NWA champions squaring off in a WWF ring, "No Holds Barred" comes to life as Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan battle the Macho King and Zeus in a steel cage, The Million Dollar Man tangles with Jake the Snake, Tito Santana grapples with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Tugboat debuts, and the Bushwackers face off with 3 different teams who can't match the Wackers technical wizardry in the ring.

I do wish WWE would just put the whole thing on the network. NHB was advertised as a WWF PPV showing the Match and the Film so figured they must own the film.