Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, check it out! The PWI "Lords Of The Ring" tape is on youtube complete. If you've never seen this, watch it. For a lot of folks, myself included, it was the first time seeing World Class, Memphis, and lots of other awesome shit. And Apter and Solie hosting is just great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrj_sPjjJE...eature=youtu.be

Hey, check it out! The PWI "Lords Of The Ring" tape is on youtube complete. If you've never seen this, watch it. For a lot of folks, myself included, it was the first time seeing World Class, Memphis, and lots of other awesome shit. And Apter and Solie hosting is just great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrj_sPjjJE...eature=youtu.be

I remember going to my video store when I was young and always seeing this VHS next to all the WWF PPVs. Once I finally made it through all the WWF PPVs, I rented Lords of the Ring. I was already addicted to wrestling, but watching Lords of the Ring put me over the edge. It felt like I had graduated and proceeded to the next level.

Something I've always been curious about, that I actually just asked Bill on FB. The Road Warriors/Fabs match is from the Mid South Coliseum. But I don't recall the Roadies being Memphis regulars? Was this just a one-shot while they were AWA Champions, or was this part of Pro Wrestling USA?

They took dates as a touring attraction in various territories.

yeah, he's been pretty active this year, feuding with Akebono & a bunch of other guys in Zero-1, feuding with Tiger Mask 1/Sayama & Choshu in Real Japan, promoting his own shows & popping up on a lot of random indies. Had a tag death match vs Mr Pogo a few months ago that drew a little under 1000 ppl on a W*ING nostalgia show, teamed with Mayumi Ozaki vs Kana & Riki Ishin, etc....

Amazing Kong/Kharma is on the most recent Women of Wrestling podcast http://ringbellesonline.com/category/podcast/

Talks about her entire WWE run, getting signed, what happened while she was thear, the pregnancy, getting released & her recent return to wrestling. Not 100% open about everything with a lot of "you'll have to wait for the book" type answers but she's open enough about most of it that you can read between the lines & it's a really good interesting listen. She says the door to return to WWE is still open if she can get in better shape & get her head back into things, though not in those words.

Also talks about how she was def a "HHH project" which got me thinking, who else could be dubed a HHH guy/girl as far as wrestlers he's personally taken an interest in grooming/signing/booking.

Kharma, Sin Cara, Sheamus, Orton, Batista, anyone else? Those 5 alone actually do kinda make for an impressive track record even if they all haven't turned out as well as could be hoped, for various reasons.

Anyone ever came across this ?

What is this...I don't even...?

.....originall Repo Man song was tottally better

You can add Sandow to that list FLIK. HHH personally choose Sandow to interrupt the DX reunion at RAW 1000. Sean Waltman said he and HHH are really impressed by how much a student of the game Sandow is.

That Kharma interview was really interesting. Rumour and myth busting. Conception changing about WWE and their assumed treatment of her too. WWE really rolled out the red carpet for her and she thought her release was appropriate and overdue. Seems like WWE will rehire her on the condition she gets her weight and mental health sorted.