Pro Wrestling Only

Known weaknesses

JerryvonKramer

What are some of the known (kayfabe) weaknesses of wrestlers?

For example, they always played up the plane-crash injury and Flair's back as being a weakness.

Was the hot shot really played up as Jumbo Tsuruta's achilles heel or is that just one of those little qurks?

What are some good examples of a guy always having a weak spot?

And were there guys who had no particular weaknesses? Hogan, for example, seemed to have no chink in his armour. He was even more cunning than the mastermind villains he battled and time and again is shown outthinking them (see Summerslam 88 and that travesty 2 vs 8 dungeon of doom match, strangely, both times with Savage).

I interpreted the point of this to be career-long things, not capitalizing on injuries.

Then I can't think of anything, because pretty much all the major examples were from devastating real-life injuries. It's more common for them to have weaknesses in psychology or tactics; i.e., a spot that rarely works or an attempt at something which frequently gets reversed.

I interpreted the point of this to be career-long things, not capitalizing on injuries.

Then I can't think of anything, because pretty much all the major examples were from devastating real-life injuries. It's more common for them to have weaknesses in psychology or tactics; i.e., a spot that rarely works or an attempt at something which frequently gets reversed.

I'm up for identifying some of those too.

Kamala couldn't figure out how to pin someone?

There are some guys who can be riled/made angry enough to make mistakes/get themselves DQed?

Mark Henry's confidence?

Robert Gibson got so angry that he'd try to storm the ring and poor Ricky would get beaten to a pulp?

DDP's ribs is a great one. :)

Kawada had stretches where the knee was a more focused storyline, such as after the 1993 RWTL. Other times it just happened to be what someone was going after... and he sold the crap out of it for storyline reasons. The final matches of 1988 would be an example.

Suspect Kobashi's knees became a known weakness, but he's Kobashi... so he sells them when he feels like it.

Misawa's back/neck was a bit overplayed one by hardcore fans. It was there in the storyline occasionally like in 1994... but after that usually just a matter of Misawa getting dropped on his head all the time. It was less a specific storyline at that point... hell, just a momentary one since he's sell damage until he was time to get up.

John