Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

So, Silas Young has actually become in the right. Dalton calls The Boys his "property" and wants his property back. Silas has them acting like individuals.

This is in so many ways the most fascinating feud in wrestling to me. Silas would have been the clear babyface at one point in history, Dalton the clear heel. It's booked like an 80s feud, but the roles are reversed because we live in a different time.

Even the announcers don't know how to call it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RoH vs. Dylan Approved Southern Jobbers half of last night's episode was fantastic. War Machine looked completely awesome killing the Bullets. I also love the RoH monopoly on redheaded managers continuing to grow, because Taeler Hendrix's reaction shots were the best part of the Lethal/Lynn segment by miles. Rocky Romero tried to ruin that all by being Rocky Romero, but still a really good show.

I'm watching the last few episodes of ROH on Destination America. No one thinks Veda Scott is good or serves an actual purpose, right? She's a horrible second, more like someone pretending to be a wrestling manager than a wrestling manager. Just her presence at ringside makes the whole thing seem pretty bush league.

I'm watching the last few episodes of ROH on Destination America. No one thinks Veda Scott is good or serves an actual purpose, right? She's a horrible second, more like someone pretending to be a wrestling manager than a wrestling manager. Just her presence at ringside makes the whole thing seem pretty bush league.

Yes , you are correct. Scott adds nothing to the show. I assume Scott is booked because she is friends with Delirious. The same reason Redwood was booked in the past. One of the faults of Delirious is that he books people like Scott , Redwood and others that have no talent and/or don't have the physical ability to be pro wrestlers. So, Delirious books his friends that will never draw a dime and turn off new TV viewers while refusing to give people like Chuck Taylor even a try out match. Joe Koff really needs to step in and clean up the bottom part of the roster.

While I am venting. Matt Riddle and Peter Kassa both went to ROH camps . Neither got a spot , yet they have been picked up by Evolve. AR Fox got one dark match and Chris Dickinson got one try out match. Meanwhile , Scott, Colby Corino , Will Ferrirra , Bob Evans , Tim Hughes , Stokely Hathaway . J Diesel and yes even the beloved Cheeseburger get booked , while these guys get turned away by Delirious . ROH needs to develop talent that can draw , because they will lose some talent to the WWE. People like Veda Scott are just a waste of money , those resources should go to talent that could be develop into money makers for ROH .

Every promotion needs an undercard of guys that can eat losses without consequence. That's what most of those guys are. If you got rid of Cheeseburger and gave his spot to some up-n-coming indie darling, what good would that serve? He's a pre-show/break-up-the-main-card-with-comedy guy. The problem with their roster right now is they have too MANY mid-card guys that aren't really trending anywhere. Adding more to that mix won't solve anything. They can't even find a role for the Briscoes right now, and cutting Will Ferrara isn't going to solve that problem.

Josh Alexander wrote an article as he was retiring that explains why some people get booked while other more talent people don't and it doesn't really have as much to do with being friends with Delirious as it does with the fact that future of honor shows are pay to play. Sidebar Dickenson while extreme talented is honestly more trouble than he's worth especially to a corporate company he could easily become a PR nightmare for SBG the same could be said about AR Fox and his past.

Josh Alexander is a guy that could had made it big in the business. He could had easily been in the Jack Swagger spot in the WWE or higher.

Good for him getting out though.

I completely agree I really thought with him coming in to PWG and starting to flirt with Evolve that this was going to be his break out year but luckily he seems happy with with his family and he isn't pushing himself and risking his life

My point is that ROH should book guys with an upside on the bottom of the card. Andy Dalton is an example of of guy that should be booked and developed as a long term talent for ROH . Dalton is a great young talent , but hardly an indy darling . ROH is putting people on like Bob Evans on TV , when young talent from the camps should get these spots. They have to build talent that can draw money for the company in the future . They are just taking the path of least resistance by filling spots with low cost talent to stay under budget.

Well a budget is a budget. Sometimes cheap is necessary, especially in a business like wrestling that is more often than not a money loser. I won't ever hold it against them for being prudent from a business sense.

I still maintain that the bottom of the card is the bottom of the card for a reason. Bob Evans is taking a spot, but its a spot no young wrestler should want, because its not a spot that has any growth potential attached to it. He's filling a necessary but thankless role. Not everybody on the roster has to be a potential main eventer.

I guess the argument could be made that the guys you're talking about should be there in place of the likes of a Ferrera or a Diesel, but I dunno, is anybody else in one of those spots gonna be any different? Ferrera is fine as the plucky underdog who usually gets beat. I don't think they see him as a future star, which is exactly why he's where he is. Diesel isn't much to me, but again, he's playing the weak link of a stable. I'm not sure I'd wanna see somebody I like in that role, because that kind of stink can be hard to wash off.

I don't see the point in bringing in guys with upside if they're just gonna float at the bottom of the card until the company clears some of the deadwood in the midcard. Sure, maybe somebody will catch fire, but the odds are pretty slim if all they're ever doing is dark matches and TV jobs to the likes of Moose. Better to save those spots for guys who won't really be hurt by their placement there.

Everything from her that I've seen as a manager/valet screams to me that she's in the Dawn Marie role from ECW. Dawn didn't really do anything either, just look good in a super short skirt & occasional cat fights. That's all I've ever seen Veda do - come out wearing a super short skirt & then just kinda stand around. Even then, they have Maria, so it's weird to me.

I feel like that description could apply to most of the managers and valets in ROH, actually. Maria Kanellis has a tiny bit of "Former WWE" cachet, I guess, but that's about it.

Veda is an obnoxious asshole and works well in that role when paired with the right person. She's really good live because you just want to stab her during the match. But you need her with someone that also has a personality. She was at her best with RD Evans.

I think live she works really hard at ringside , that doesn't come across on tv.

I still maintain that the bottom of the card is the bottom of the card for a reason. Bob Evans is taking a spot, but its a spot no young wrestler should want, because its not a spot that has any growth potential attached to it. He's filling a necessary but thankless role. Not everybody on the roster has to be a potential main eventer.

While I can agree with this concept, especially in the context of territorial wrestling, to me ROH at the level it is with national tv and trying to grow as a company really shouldn't have a place for a guy that seen as having no future potential even at a lower "enhancement" role a guy should have some upward mobility and there are plenty of guys that could fit the role perfectly that also could use that break rather than Evans, if they used guys at Evans from different areas in that role fine but the idea that he in under contract and actually travels with the company is the problem to me.

Watched Final Battle last night. The wrestling on the show was very good and really not a match under "pretty good" on the list. The finishes were shaky in my opinion.

Well everyone knew that Lethal was beating Styles since they are already told us that Elgin vs Lethal at WrestleKingdom 10 is a title fight and AJ already has a match. It is stupid but if you are going to work with New Japan you have to deal with it. What really bothers me is that they are definitely doing something with Jerry Lynn based on the TV show last week and the finish last night. Given that Jerry Lynn in a ROH title angle was a disaster for the company in 2009 and that Lynn had neck (or back) surgery recently I don't know where you are going with it.

I am not sure if War Machine was winning the belts to begin with but given that Michael Bennett was wrestling with a cracked rib and Matt Taven blew out his knee in the first minute of the match it had to be quick title change

I hated the Bobby Fish/Roderick Strong with the fake tap out if Roderick isn't turning heel soon. I mean at least they didn't ring the bell and do the timekeeper going into business for himself like Brock vs Taker 2 which was a much worse finish