Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

I find the Bucks to be a delight to watch and I love when they troll the shit out of Cornette on Twitter.

Echo this. I've yet to find the Young Bucks that isn't fun.

I'm a Bucks fan, too, but I am mostly an unabashed PWG mark. I can't say I have loved them in ROH nearly as much.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. There's a difference between Bullet Club Bucks and Mount Rushmore Bucks. I think the whole Bullet Club tie-in just brings out their most grating, irritating qualities and puts them on full display.

In PWG, for whatever reason, they seem to be less inclined to play up to the babyface reactions & more inclined to keep the heel shtick intact - at least most of the time. The Bucks' instincts aren't always the best, but they certainly CAN be tremendous heels AND simultaneously still be totally entertaining - without hitting that tipping point.

It just seems like they'd rather go full throttle with the Bullet Club routine, and it rarely makes for stellar performances. In fact, I feel like it detracts a lot from the dynamic. Unfortunately, that means their matches hinge entirely on how smooth or crisp their spots are - and it's a fucking roll of the dice every night with that stuff.

I find the Bucks to be a delight to watch and I love when they troll the shit out of Cornette on Twitter.

Echo this. I've yet to find the Young Bucks that isn't fun.

I'm a Bucks fan, too, but I am mostly an unabashed PWG mark. I can't say I have loved them in ROH nearly as much.

Strongly agree with PWG Bucks > ROH Bucks (not that I don't enjoy the latter). But I also enjoy what they bring to the NJPW undercard every time out. They've got a distinct place on the show there that's a nice contrast from everything else going on and the matches are always entertaining for that style.

It wasn't their offense, but their mocking of the Bucks that made the segment.

That, and the fact that the Addiction came off as actual Villians beating up two twinkies playing at being bad guys.

And why the fuck was one of the tiny Bucks tossing around Baretta with no effort to start, and later gives him a Canadian Destroyer? Stinks.

I find it funny that since they made the announcement on Friday that Ring of Honor and New Japan are working more shows together and the relationship is stronger than ever; Gedo the booker of New Japan is seeing backstage at the NXT show and Okada is in a luxury box with Samoa Joe watching Summerslam. Yeah not really sure how comfortable they should be

Went to Saturday's event in Brooklyn. Had a fun time. Love when they run the baseball stadium, have gone both years now. The seating is so much more comfortable. Regular ROH shows everyone is on top of each other. Seats here are less close together and you can also space out more. They tried to be a little more gestapo about sticking to seat numbers this year, but after a certain point you can just sit where you want.

Nice change of pace getting to see the Japanese guys, too bad I didn't get to see Tanahashi. Maybe next year. I'm not going to overanalyze every match and compare and contrast it to NOT or anything. It was a fun night out and I enjoyed the NXT counterpart the next day on the network.

I went to Friday's TV taping in Philly. The Arena is amazing in its new form. If someone hadn't seen the old place they would really take it for granted. I thought the Arena was already a much better place to watch wrestling within the last 5 years anyway but now with the new setup of the giant lobby & bathroom area, it really needs to be hosting more events.

I won't spoil much but episode 2 is the one to see. Bucks vs. Addiction was good but not over the top. Strong/Lethal stole the show. I didn't see the hour match & haven't seen very much of Strong in 2015 but this was a very good match. I'm kind of curious to see where they go with these guys booking wise.

As far as the New Japan guys go, the 6-man with Okada in it was fun, nothing blow away but probably the 3-4th best match of the show. He was totally not presented as a world champion, though I'm not sure anyone noticed. I don't think he should necessarily be presented as being several levels above everyone else or anything but he probably shouldn't be trying to mimic Roppongi Vice and get himself over with his tag partners. He came across as like a young, un-hip guy trying to fit in & gain acceptance from his partners. Not sure you book a world champion singles guy like that with a mid-level tag team. Some liked Sydal/Kushida better than me but that was kind of in the death spot of the show. It opened hour 4 of the taping, it was getting late, and they worked like a 15 minute match without as much flying as you might expect. Nakamura/Cole was good, but nothing more. Another one that might come across better on TV without having sat there for 4 hours at that point.

It was interesting to see just how over Moose and Castle were live. I also got the impression live that War Machine would be an acceptable next team to get the belts to spice things up.

Boy, that "Inside ROH" with the hottest piece of wood chick this week was something. She has all the charisma of a park bench. And yet, she was actually better than the two promos from Kyle "I'm a kid in a white T Shirt who looks scarily like Neidermeyer's illegitimate kid" O'Reilly.

Animal-House-Niedermeyer.jpg

28eb3d2074kyleoreilly.jpg

and then apparently they took all the decent takes of probably 234 attempts of that Strong promo shoot and edited them together so badly that Ed Wood would have said, "That's awful." Better cuts were done during the Tate/ LaBianca murders.

And Daniels' General outfit is fucking awesome. The Addiction fucking own it. They come off as stars and veterans who know how this is done.

Damn the commentary is just so bad. EVOLVE has a huge advantage in that respect.

I do like Caprice Coleman on commentary. Nana isn't bad either.

I don't know what the schedule or price of Michael Schiavello (who called Ultima Lucha) is but I would be courting him if I was any kind of wrestling company. What a great breath of fresh air he was on that one show he did.

Even Striker and Vampiro are way better than Kelly/Corino.

There has to be some kind of lowly MMA or amateur wrestling announcer out there that could make a transition.

Gosh the state of the announce booth is pretty shitty.