Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-09-USWA-Memphis TV] Steve Austin vs Jeff Jarrett

Loss

• 1 month later...

JC the Ice Baby is in Austin's corner and runs his mouth almost the entire time, which is great. Austin seems to improve by the match. About five minutes of good action which sees Jarrett get the win after a couple of really good false finishes. Team Texas hits the ring immediately after the match to do a number on Jarrett, but Eddie Gilbert makes the save.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like Dave Brown referring to JC Ice Baby. Austin tries cheating to win but we actually have a competent referee who is on to him. What I’ve noticed with Austin is he seems to be on the quiet side since the Adams feud. I miss Jeannie by his side as they made a good combo.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This was a shortie but goody. Austin really matches up well with Jeff, and this feels much longer than six minutes, but in a good way.

Michael uses Jeff's Dallas nickname of "Simply irresistible", which I'm not sure the Memphis fans are familiar with at this point. I don't know if it was a slip or part of Dad's integration of the two offices; I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The loaded-fist finish is so commonplace now that it's not even a finish anymore, as we see Jeff put his foot on the ropes after he's supposedly knocked out by Austin's knucks. Maybe now they'll stop using it in every other match (or so it seems).

I like how Dave in particular is still slightly uncomfortable referring to Jamie as JC Ice Baby. By the way, which female dressing room did Jamie rob for that hideous outfit? It honestly looked like a blouse and skirt from a distance.

I prefer Jeannie in Steve's corner to Jamie, but I can see why Jamie's being used instead: being even a peripheral part of the Tennessee/Texas feud will do wonders in terms of getting him much-needed experience on the mic and possibly even in the ring.

Eddie and Jeff seem a lot more friendly than Eddie and Lawler. I wouldn't exactly call them friends yet, but at least they can stand to be around each other without one of them acting like the other's got the cooties.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-03-09-USWA-Memphis TV] Steve Austin vs Jeff Jarrett