Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber 2013

goodhelmet

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield v. Superteam comments from before board crashed...

I thought that as a holy shit level great match. Absolutely incredible. Loved the Cena FIP, loved Sheamus as the over aggressive offensive dynamo who paid for his sins with a massive bump, loved The Shield's shit talking, loved the way they cut off the ring, loved their big offense, loved the finished run, loved the finish. That match completely saved this show to me as my mourning for Henry was dragging me down. Tremendously great match. The Shield are outstanding

Dolph v. Kofi was an odd addition. Match was fine and had some fun spots for what it was, but it seems like it is being used more as a vehicle to get over Big E than anything else

The Shield are brilliant, really fresh look and decent in ring as well. They really stand out when you put them next to Ziggler or Miz on a show. I enjoyed the 6-Man tag very much, would rather have had it go on a few minutes longer instead of another Ziggler/Kofi borefest. Not sure it was the classic Dylan seems to think but then I'm nowhere near as into WWE as he is.

Shield vs. Happy, Smiley, Muscley Guys

Can't comment on this. Spent the whole match bitching about Mark Henry with Dylan and not paying attention. Complained about Rollins flying in the air awkwardly, and Cena's slightly weird suplex and then mentioned the great camera angle when Reigns speared Sheamus through the barricade. Noticed the finish and had Dylan telling me I was watching a different match when I started rambling in fear that "super Cena" was coming. I thought he'd rise from the beating and win easily. Boy was I wrong. Now I HAVE to go back and watch that tomorrow. I fucked up. Goddammit Mark Henry.

I am so impressed with how they lay out Shield matches. I'm not sure I've ever seen this level of detail with WWE in packaging character through in-ring work. They really play up, through the ringwork, how the Shield is able to outnumber and isolate. The way that they won that match because Sheamus was out, SOLELY because Sheamus was taken out, was brilliant. It's such a little thing but because they do it consistently, it creates a branded overarching theme that is super effective.

Was it me or were they teasing a Ryback heel turn? Seemed to be tension between him and Cena especially. Maybe they will go with Sheamus/Ryback at Wrestlemania, the card seems very open this year.

I am so impressed with how they layout Shield matches. I'm not sure I've ever seen this level of detail with WWE in packaging character through in-ring work.

The camera work helps as well, especially all the shaky shots and close ups they did when they first came in. They've done a great job in general booking them so far, the pacing especially has been perfect. Hard to know what they will do at WM - maybe we will get a mega tag with Shield/Punk/Lesnar vs HHH/Sheamus/Ryback/Jericho?/Taker?

SHIELD vs. HAPPY FACES

- I didn't thiink this was Holy Shit great but just really great. Easily the best thing on the show. Ryback getting pinned and walking off put it over the top. So glad they are keeping the SHIELD strong. I think that ends at Mania with Ryback dismantling the entire team single handed.

Kofo vs. Ziggler

- I am bored with both guys. Went to the bathroom.

Women's match

- I don't pay attention to Divas matches. Wasted energy.

I am so impressed with how they lay out Shield matches. I'm not sure I've ever seen this level of detail with WWE in packaging character through in-ring work. They really play up, through the ringwork, how the Shield is able to outnumber and isolate. The way that they won that match because Sheamus was out, SOLELY because Sheamus was taken out, was brilliant. It's such a little thing but because they do it consistently, it creates a branded overarching theme that is super effective.

This a thousand times.

The way the Shield works in the ring is just amazing, it is so perfect and a perfect extension of their out of the ring angle. They use numbers, isolate one guy, take him out. Rinse, repeat. They do it in their run ins, they did it in their TLC match. Here the question was whether they could STILL implement their strategy in a normal match with tag rules. And the answer is yes, yes they can. They did it using 'cut off the ring' tactics, they did it by luring guys outside the ring, and they managed to beat the Superfriends because Sheamus was taken out and they were 3 vs 2 at the crucial moment.

Genius.

Not sure what that finish achieved. Why not have Rock just win clean? Match wasn't anything special. All the ref bumps were ridiculous, especially the second one which was beyond pointless. Maybe Punk gets put into the Rock/Cena match? But again, what would that achieve.

And we still never found out why Vince made the DQ/count out stipulation.