Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of KC, Highsports and RF, KC wins hands down. The host seems to get on well with his guests, he appears well researched and the video quality is better. Highspots is the dog shit worst, just beyond awful really, they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Just watched the Bobby Eaton one from High Spots. Truly awful.

Out of KC, Highsports and RF, KC wins hands down. The host seems to get on well with his guests, he appears well researched and the video quality is better. Highspots is the dog shit worst, just beyond awful really, they don't have a clue what they are doing.

How so?

How so?

I'd guess because it's Bobby Eaton, not exactly the king of promos.

Well, Guest Booker with Robert Fuller booking Shawn Michaels in the nWo was a random (and stupid) idea enough, but goddamn if the first 30 minutes or so are watchable because Fuller tells a few stories, I quit after the first 10 minutes of complete meandering nonsense of "fantasy booking" (which is something I don't care about to begin with to be honest, but at least hearing guys like Cornette or Gary Hart explain their ideas was interesting on some level). Really useless stuff.

I just watched this today, and I totally agree with El-P. Fuller's background in the business, and his stories are awesome, but they're the best part. It's a perfect example of why active talents have no business booking. Fuller's idea of him giving Shawn to Sherri is totally stupid, and it completely reeks of Fuller just trying to get himself involved in the angle.

Since when Al Snow knows shit about booking BTW ? Maybe I missed something...

And really, Snow was a very overrated performer whose peak lasted a few months in SMW (where he was indeed excellent for a while), and whose career mostly consisted of having mindless spotfest and horrible matches revolving around a styrofoam head. Funny how the business turned Snow from a seemingly cool guy to a grounchy old-ass veteran with an abrassive attitude.

Since when Al Snow knows shit about booking BTW ? Maybe I missed something...

And really, Snow was a very overrated performer whose peak lasted a few months in SMW (where he was indeed excellent for a while), and whose career mostly consisted of having mindless spotfest and horrible matches revolving around a styrofoam head. Funny how the business turned Snow from a seemingly cool guy to a grounchy old-ass veteran with an abrassive attitude.

Al Snow is a guy that got a break because he was lucky enough to have a couple of "great matches" with Sabu and Marty Jannetty and somehow there was always somebody taping them (you'd probably want to take your own eyes out with plastic coffee spoons if you had to rewatch those today, but I'm going with what the general opinion was at the time). His ECW stuff with Nishimura and Benoit solidified that status. He probably would have a better rep had he chosen WCW over WWF.

His whole attitude is generally that fan don't know shit. And he says that despite what we idiots think, Hogan/Andre was best match of 'Mania III since it drew the house, not Savage/Steamboat, which even Sean has to disagree with him on.

I saw that clip. Do you really want Bruiser to torture himself with that?