Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Highspots Shoot with Mia Yim. It's pretty interesting as she makes a comment that most of the Fans of female wrestling are only into it for pervy/creepy reasons. It's pretty amusing because the interviewer even seems surprised that she would say it since most girls take advantage of it.

The idea that an average indy wrestler who I guess hasn't worked more than a few years gets a Shoot Interview deal shows how desperate these guys are at this point. Most everyone of interest has already be done, in most case pretty badly by the RF crew.

BTW, the Timeline WWF 1993 with Lex is pretty good. Nothing real in depth, but it's cool to see Lex in such good spirits after all he went through. He also shows no mercy about his old-self, admitting he was not the best worker around and that he was infact pretty arrogant back then. Gives major props to some guys including Bret and Hennig and says a lot of nice things about Yoko. Really positive, enjoyable stuff.

5565785[/url]']

Watched The Highspots Shoot with Mia Yim. It's pretty interesting as she makes a comment that most of the Fans of female wrestling are only into it for pervy/creepy reasons. It's pretty amusing because the interviewer even seems surprised that she would say it since most girls take advantage of it.

I don't know why the interviewer was surprised. It's like saying the sky is blue or water is wet.

Watched The Highspots Shoot with Mia Yim.

Who the fuck ?

Seriously? She works pretty much everywhere.

The idea that an average indy wrestler who I guess hasn't worked more than a few years gets a Shoot Interview deal shows how desperate these guys are at this point. Most everyone of interest has already be done, in most case pretty badly by the RF crew.

You would obviously have to ask Highspots. Your point is a bit out of touch to be honest you are thinking too much in a shoot tape mindset instead thinking about other platforms like their VOD service Highspots TV and their digital downloads.

Surprised because most girls aren't going to openly bash the creeps that buy them shit on amazon wishlists

Mia isn't your normal female wrestler her most famous feud was with a male in CZW where she took some really sick bumps. Also in CZW she was part of a tremendous act with Adam Cole were she carried a tonne of heat. In one match Sami Callihan:

. She doesn't need to that stuff to get by as she is under talented she is a smart and continuing to improve wrestler who has tour Japan a few times too.

Seriously? She works pretty much everywhere.

What is everywhere ? Every indies ? Ok. So she's a girl who has work every 2010's indies for the last few years. That makes for a fascinating interview, I'm sure. Sorry to sound condescending to some extent, but really, I don't see what the point is of doing shoot interviews with indy workers who've been in the business for a couple of years and haven't worked one bit in the major leagues either. When you think shoot interviews with actual relevant guys almost always end up being one good half of bullshit anyway...

You would obviously have to ask Highspots. Your point is a bit out of touch to be honest you are thinking too much in a shoot tape mindset instead thinking about other platforms like their VOD service Highspots TV and their digital downloads.

What difference does it make ? Interviewing people who have worked a bunch of years on the indies is okay for digital downloads I guess. Really, everyone that was anyone is the grand scheme of pro-wrestling history has already been interviewed. The only company that's doing a different job is KC, sometimes it works, sometimes it fails, but at least they still try to do some relevant stuff. I guess fans of the indy scene are interested about shoot interviews from indy workers of today. I really don't see the point myself, but maybe I'm wrong and she has tons of fascinating stuff to say about wrestling history (well, from 2009 to today on the US indy scene that is...).

Mia isn't your normal female wrestler her most famous feud was with a male in CZW where she took some really sick bumps. Also in CZW she was part of a tremendous act with Adam Cole were she carried a tonne of heat. In one match Sami Callihan:

Hey, a girl piledriven through a table, with ECW chants to boot. How fresh.

She doesn't need to that stuff to get by

Posted Image

She sure as hell doesn't.;)

(hey, nothing against the girl actually, and she may be really smart and talented for all I know. I'm just fooling around the fact she's supposed to be that ultra-known worker when in fact, well, she isn't really, unless you follow indy wrestling. Hell, maybe I'll check that Shoot Interview now, just out of curiosity, ah !)

You seem to put shoot interviews on the same pedestal as autobiographies when really they are just "posh" visual versions of podcast interviews these days.

Hey, a girl piledriven through a table, with ECW chants to boot. How fresh.

Where did I say it was fresh? Why does that matter? All I was emphasising was that she is game for anything and not a limited catfight girl. She is regarded as one of the guys.

She sure as hell doesn't.;)

She doesn't though. Her looks isn't the only thing she has to offer. However the fact she did a Lee South photo shoot plays into her having some degree of status in the Wrestling business as only TNA women usually work with him.

I really don't see the point myself, but maybe I'm wrong and she has tons of fascinating stuff to say about wrestling history (well, from 2009 to today on the US indy scene that is...).

I don't get the automatic dismissal but whatever. Haven't seen the shoot and don't know if I will but I've heard her on podcasts as well as other people talk about her. Say what you want about only starting 4 years ago. But she has packed a lot in. Smart, well spoken well above most wrestlers and is/was willing to drive all over America every single weekend and accepting tours in Japan. I doubt it would like Highspots shoot with TNA's Lollipop (cage dancer during the Asylum day) back in the day.

Personally I don't pre-judge an interview on whether they had a run in the Pensacola territory or something. I judge it on whether they have potential as an interesting interviewee.

(hey, nothing against the girl actually, and she may be really smart and talented for all I know. I'm just fooling around the fact she's supposed to be that ultra-known worker when in fact, well, she isn't really, unless you follow indy wrestling. Hell, maybe I'll check that Shoot Interview now, just out of curiosity, ah !)

Who said she was ultra well known? You seemed to take umbridge that I said she was booked everywhere too for some reason:

What is everywhere ? Every indies ? Ok.

To me this is an odd comment. How else could she work everywhere unless being an independent wrester? She hardly could work the territories. It is 2013.

You seem to put shoot interviews on the same pedestal as autobiographies when really they are just visual versions of podcast interviews these days.

Yes. Because all the big time long-ass shoots with big time veterans have already been done.

I don't get the automatic dismissal but whatever. Haven't seen the shoot and don't know if I will but I've heard her on podcasts as well as other people talk about her. Say what you want about only starting 4 years ago. But she has packed a lot in. Smart, well spoken well above most wrestlers and is/was willing to drive all over America every single weekend and accepting tours in Japan.

Good for her.

Personally I don't pre-judge an interview on whether they had a run in the Pensacola territory or something. I judge it on whether they have potential as an interesting interviewee.

You are right on that. One of the most interesting shoot interviews I've heard is Ranger Ross. I'm serious.

Who said she was ultra well known? You seemed to take umbridge that I said she was booked everywhere too for some reason:

Hum... You seemed to take umbridge that I said "Who the fuck ?", replying with "Seriously ?". Well, yes, seriously. Who the fuck. And then you added "She works pretty much everywhere." So either working "everywhere" made her ultra well-known and in that case my "Who the fuck ?" warranted a "Seriously ?" reply, either working "everywhere" means shit in term of visibility to a guy like me who doesn't know shit about the indies, therefore my "Who the fuck ?" comment was very justified and didn't warranted a "Seriously ?" reply form you.

To me this is an odd comment. How else could she work everywhere unless being an independent wrester? She hardly could work the territories. It is 2013.

Well, if working "everywhere" means I should know her, then "everywhere" should be places like WWE and TNA. If working "everywhere" means the indies like ROH, SHIMMER, CHIKARA and even smaller indy feds, then "everywhere" means zilch in term of visibility to a guy who doesn't follow the indies, therefore my "Who the fuck ?" comment was very justified. Hey, you said "Seriously ?" like she was an obvious name to know. She isn't. And like I said, maybe she's indeed very smart and talented and a very interesting interview to boot and that's all good for her. Don't take it too seriously. I sure as hell don't :)

Andy Leavine actually wrestled this past Saturday for WWC, so he's still wrestling for Carlos.

For some reason I thought that he had been gone for a few months, sorry.

No worries, WWC hasn't really run that many shows in the past couple of months and he's only appeared in some of them. That can easily be confused for him not being around.

She's not the greatest but i'd say she's def above average/pretty good/getting better. Touring Japan a bunch even if it was for the lowest lvl companies helped her a lot. I actually think you'd probably like her stuff if you watched a few of her matches.

I wouldn't call it a desperate move to do a shoot with her either. Within the world she exist in and to the fan base she's marketed to she's a big enough name that they prob made money off it.

I have a theory that you can break down women's wrestling fans into 4 smaller sub catagories

1) Wrestling fans who just like good wrestling no matter who puts it on

2) Wrestling fans who like good wrestling but ONLY if it involves women on some weird "girl power" shit

3) Average every day pervy dudes who just like to see hot half nekkid chicks

4) The Super pervy weirdo fucks, the one's buying girls stuff off their amazon wish list, ordering custom vids and getting off on how many boston crabs & head scissors there are in a match.

Can't really say which group takes up what % but yeah, 3 & 4 out number the 1st 2.

If you're asking seriously, most female fans i've known fall into group #1. Don't think i've ever known any female fans who were strictly fans of women's wrestling.

Have known a good bit who'd fall into group #3 if you replace "half nekkid chicks" with "half nekkid dudes".