Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyones actually contemplating buying the Matt Striker Shoot Thing Highspots recently released DONT. Its pretty bad and Striker comes across so condescending that I stopped watching him teaching the students. Its like Al Snow but not funny.

The Old School w/Tommy Rich interview is ok though. Tommy almost needs subtitles but otherwise its fun.

If anyones actually contemplating buying the Matt Striker Shoot Thing Highspots recently released DONT. Its pretty bad and Striker comes across so condescending that I stopped watching him teaching the students. Its like Al Snow but not funny.

The Old School w/Tommy Rich interview is ok though. Tommy almost needs subtitles but otherwise its fun.

I actually thought the Striker shoot was fairly good (RF one) considering he doesn't want to shit all over the WWE as he want's to go back one day. I suspect he can be quite condescending though to be fair.

Finally got around to listening to the Billy Jack Haynes shoot...and man...what a disappointment. I was expecting enlightening. A shoot linking a bunch shit and occurrences in a logic way that makes me believe everything Jack says is true...not the case. Just a crazy, old, bitter man wanting to get everything off his chest because he is not a star anymore and lost millions of dollars. This shoot got me curious in his work and the guy sucked.

Kayfabe Commentaries is next doing Breaking Kayfabe with Cornette. Release in January.

What more does he have to say? I can understand people listening to his podcast every Thursday or going to his site occasionally to check out his latest rant- but who would PAY to hear this man talk at this point? The guy is a carny but has been shooting for YEARS over a decade at this point. There is nothing left in the tank and it can all be summed up with " I wish it was 1989 and I hate the current state of pro wrestling because Santino is a star while Matt Morgan is standing in the unemployment line".

Kayfabe Commentaries is next doing Breaking Kayfabe with Cornette. Release in January.

What more does he have to say? I can understand people listening to his podcast every Thursday or going to his site occasionally to check out his latest rant- but who would PAY to hear this man talk at this point? The guy is a carny but has been shooting for YEARS over a decade at this point. There is nothing left in the tank and it can all be summed up with " I wish it was 1989 and I hate the current state of pro wrestling because Santino is a star while Matt Morgan is standing in the unemployment line".

He may have had a funny uncle growing up or something.

If it's as detailled as his WWF 97 Timeline was, this should be quite awesome. If he's just ranting, not as much. But usually when he gets to talk about wrestling history he's that much more fun, and he kept records of everything he did so it's usually more factual than with most other guests.

If it's as detailled as his WWF 97 Timeline was, this should be quite awesome. If he's just ranting, not as much. But usually when he gets to talk about wrestling history he's that much more fun, and he kept records of everything he did so it's usually more factual than with most other guests.

But that seems more useful for a Timeline (why hasn't he done a WCW one yet? Maybe that's next, since they did say he was doing two shoots?).

I haven't seen any of the Breaking Kayfabes so far, but the focus has seemed to be on guys with drug problems (Jannetty, Waltman, New Jack). At the very least, the content for each has been "serious" - so you wonder where Sean's going with this.

But that seems more useful for a Timeline (why hasn't he done a WCW one yet? Maybe that's next, since they did say he was doing two shoots?).

Oh, I'm sorry, I only paid attention to the reply and not the original post. I was refering to the fact they are gonna release Timeline WCW 1989 at some point too. Breaking Kayfabe, yeah, I wonder what they'll talk about that hasn't been said already.

Oh, I'm sorry, I only paid attention to the reply and not the original post. I was refering to the fact they are gonna release Timeline WCW 1989 at some point too. Breaking Kayfabe, yeah, I wonder what they'll talk about that hasn't been said already.

I hadn't seen them confirm him doing WCW 89 - that should be amazing.