Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

Really looking forward to seeing some reviews on the new one from Eric Embry done by steve Corino

http://www.highspots.com/p/embry-shoot.html

I've seen it. Pretty great and goes 3 1/2 hours. He's pretty high on himself though and tells a few stories which were a bit surprising.

Also I watched the Highspots Shoot with Jesse Sorensen. It's basically 2 hrs of him complaining/explaining his issues with TNA and how his mum had to file for bankruptcy. Basically if TNA weren't so cheap as to have not covered his medical bills he wouldn't have even had anything to talk about.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for posting an overly long press release but Cornette and Kayfabe Commentaries ANNOUNCE PACT:

Jim Cornette, KC press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 28, 2013

CORNETTE AND KAYFABE COMMENTARIES ANNOUNCE PACT

Earlier today, it was announced that Jim Cornette and Kayfabe Commentaries have agreed to a production package that includes two new shoot-style productions, as well as an appearance at the Legends of the Ring convention in Monroe, NJ on October 5th.

The iconic and opinionated Jim Cornette has made his most celebrated shoot-style programming appearances on Kayfabe Commentaries produced programs. His starring role in "Guest Booker", "YouShoot", and "Timeline: The History of WWE" were produced by the progressive production company and garnered widespread attention and critical acclaim. Cornette made Kayfabe Commentaries his exclusive home for shoot-style program appearances in the past five years. Cornette and the company parted ways after a disagreement with KC president Sean Oliver over other programs on the company's slate. Recent outcry and requests from wrestling fans prompted the two to begin discussions once again.

Jim Cornette said he is pleased to be moving forward with KC again. "I've enjoyed working with Kayfabe Commentaries in the past on several critically-acclaimed productions," Cornette began. "I'm pleased to announce that Sean Oliver and I, after a rough patch last year, have removed the wedge between us driven there by an unnamed third party, and I have signed on to shoot two more videos with KC this fall."

Sean Oliver said today that he never gave up on the relationship while the two weren't talking. "I knew there would be a return, and a celebrated one at that, once cooler heads prevailed," Oliver said. "Though if you examine Cornette's history, that faith was most optimistic. Jim will tell you, he doesn't burn bridges...he blows them up. However I felt the programming we created would take precedent. Cornette belongs with KC. From a programming sense, we're family, in a twisted The North and The South kinda way."

As for the specifics on the programs to be produced, Cornette didn't go into details. "They (the programs) are shaping up, in concept, to be the most interesting yet, and they'll be produced in conjunction with my appearance at the Legends of the Ring convention in New Jersey on October 5th, which will be my second and last wrestling-related appearance of 2013."

Oliver said only that the full-length programs would be released in 2014 and 2015, respectively.

Ticket information for the convention is available at the website www.legendsofthering.com. Cornette is looking forward to greeting the northeast fans once again. "I invite everyone to come to the Legends dealers' room where my Cornette's Collectibles booth will be open all day," he said. "I will be signing my various books and merchandise, as well as talking with all the fans and telling old stories, many of which will have a grain of truth to them. Due to my revised and healthier diet, this will be the only 'KFC' that I will be visiting this year!"

Information about the programs will be forthcoming and will be available the Kayfabe Commentaries website, www.kayfabecommentaries.com.

Future KC releases that aren't on their site:

Bruno Sammartino is doing WWWF Timeline 1963-69 (Multi-disc)

Justin Credible is doing ECW Timeline 2000

Roddy Piper is doing WWF Timeline 1984

A Vader WCW Timeline

- As per the Sean Oliver interview with Sean Radican

I've watched the Embry/Corino shoot. I thought it was really, really great. I am an Embry mark, though. Corino does a very good job at being prepared. They sort of rush through the Dallas and Memphis stuff at the end. I assume it's because the thing was running so long.

Some quickie comments, as I'm a bit more halfway through the WCW Timeline with Russo: It's really nothing new as far as Russo goes. He comes across much more genuine and humble, but it's the same Russo, blaming everyone else for failures. He constantly harps on the notion that he's not doing another wrestling interview.

The highlights, thus far, are his burying of the younger generation of wrestlers, namely Generation Me (IIRC they were the Young Bucks), on how Russo would tell them to slow down and work more on their character, and they were more concerned with getting a four star rating for their match in the WON. He also knocks Christopher Daniels for that same mentality, which is hilarious since Daniels and Kazarian were one of a very few entertaining acts in TNA.

• 2 weeks later...

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/kayf...s/#.UjHHGD8iy2A

Cornette rants on "The Dairy Queen Incident", WRESTLEROCK RUMBLE!, The best story ever involving a hillbilly and a midget and much more!

Corny's "FUCK THE COMMISSIONER!" story from Memphis has gotten somewhat famous in my local indy fed. Whenever the rep from the commission is being a dick, just to do so (which is usually only one or two guys, most of them care cool). That phrase usually gets yelled out at some point.

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/kayf...e/#.UjhRfD8iy2A

Jim Cornette and Bobby Heenan talk managing nightmares, wrestling history, crazy fan stories and much more!

-------

Just ordered more featuring Vader, Stan Hansen, MAD DOG VACHON(!) and many others!

The Vachon one is ok, but they did it about 5 years too late. Mad Dog is slow and gets tired quickly. Compare that one to his Wrestling with the Past interviw segments from years back and some of his later speaking efforts and you'd see how he's aged a ton.

At one point, whoever he's there with steps in and tells the interviewer that Mad Dog's answering questions a little funny because he's tired and he needs a rest (he was tired, you can see it). It's the sort of shit that should be edited out, but of course, that would require caring about the product you put out for the consumer and all that...

I captured some of the highlights and the best parts on my Mad Dog Vachon set, you should buy that one instead. :P

Justin Credible is doing ECW Timeline 2000

This could be interesting. Really enjoyed Justin on Art of Wrestling, and obviously this was an interesting year.

Justin has a cool YouTube account if you haven't checked it out. He talks about various aspects of wrestling. The dude has been sober for a while, comes across as a nice bloke, so good for him.

2000 was certainly a great year for Justin, and an interesting year (perhaps for the wrong reasons) for ECW. Should be a good watch.