Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

I've heard the promoters of Pro Wrestling Syndicate's offshoot Bombshell Ladies Of Wrestling (yes I know) and Ohio's Absolute Intense Wrestling's off shoot Girls Night Out say that those shows attract a completely different audience. The former in the most eye winking pervy wanker way possible.

I do stand by SHIMMER as being a really fun product to watch akin to PWG. There's typically a fair amount of really strong matches mixed with some fun characters and Dave Prazak and Portia Perez announce team.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Striker is recommended. He still has one eye on WWE but discloses more than most people like that. He tells some interesting stories from bullying, locker room culture to dealing with Vince in various capacities.

The unique thing about Matt Striker is that obviously he was a teacher and seemingly a good one. Not only that he has worked with various disability type charities including those related to autism. He said in the strictest sincerity he saw Daniel Benoit multiple times and thought he was normal child with no developmental issues.

I've heard the promoters of Pro Wrestling Syndicate's offshoot Bombshell Ladies Of Wrestling (yes I know) and Ohio's Absolute Intense Wrestling's off shoot Girls Night Out say that those shows attract a completely different audience. The former in the most eye winking pervy wanker way possible.

I do stand by SHIMMER as being a really fun product to watch akin to PWG. There's typically a fair amount of really strong matches mixed with some fun characters and Dave Prazak and Portia Perez announce team.

I watched the BLOW debut show since they put it up on youtube for free. Serious contender for one of the worst wrestling shows of all time featuring 2 of the all time worst matches i've ever seen (Silvie Silver vs Jewells Malone & Silvie vs Becky Bayless) and very little else of any quality (Winters match was decent and Mia Yim vs Christina Von Erie was pretty good and 5* compared to everything else on the show)

I watched the BLOW debut show since they put it up on youtube for free. Serious contender for one of the worst wrestling shows of all time featuring 2 of the all time worst matches i've ever seen (Silvie Silver vs Jewells Malone & Silvie vs Becky Bayless) and very little else of any quality (Winters match was decent and Mia Yim vs Christina Von Erie was pretty good and 5* compared to everything else on the show)

Sumie Sakai was the highlight of that show for me, thought she put on an entertaining little match with Queen Maya. I've kept up with their results just to see what she does and have wanted to see some of her matches from the other shows but they hadn't uploaded any others.

Matt Striker is recommended. He still has one eye on WWE but discloses more than most people like that. He tells some interesting stories from bullying, locker room culture to dealing with Vince in various capacities.

The unique thing about Matt Striker is that obviously he was a teacher and seemingly a good one. Not only that he has worked with various disability type charities including those related to autism. He said in the strictest sincerity he saw Daniel Benoit multiple times and thought he was normal child with no developmental issues.

I agree. Aside from the Kevin Steen Show series (which I can understand some people not enjoying or being interested in), the Striker shoot is probably my favorite of the year thus far. I didn't care for him when he worked in WWE, but he comes off well in the interview.

As an addendum to having watched a ton of Midnight Express lately, I checked out the RF Condrey/Eaton shoot. Bobby barely but talks, but Dennis comes across as an interesting dude. Typical RF overly facile shoot, though. Dennis really needed to be pushed to get out some more stories... felt like there were some good ones lurking.

I agree. Aside from the Kevin Steen Show series (which I can understand some people not enjoying or being interested in), the Striker shoot is probably my favorite of the year thus far. I didn't care for him when he worked in WWE, but he comes off well in the interview.

His In The Ring with RF was REALLY interesting too apparently.

If Marty can't afford surgery I can't blame him for wanting to numb himself with painkillers and alcohol. If he got detoxed and set his pain receptors right, his ankles would still have him in agony.

He's not a star at the level of Scott Hall but someone trustworthy should work with him on a donation deal to get him the surgery.

The interview may be really hard to follow, but they do raise some interesting points though, like the Wellness policy sending people with recreative drug addictions to rehab, but not taking care of people with addictions deriving from taking too much painkillers because of years of abuse in the company's rings. I don't know to which extent that is true but I thought it was interesting. Marty told that the woman in charge (who he didn't bash BTW) said that if they would do that for him, then they would have to do it for everybody else.

Kinda interesting to hear how he became a born-again for a full week too.

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/kayf...t/#.Ul_f6xBdA-o The "Nature Boy's" latest shoot - featuring his thoughts on his TNA run some AWA, NWA, WCW and WCCW thoughts and he tells one of the biggest lies in shoot interview history about an incident from the 80's....

Nice was hoping for that one after just recently watching the preview clip and the Shane Douglas bit on youtube.

Enjoyed the Matt Striker shoot so far (about 2/3's in) Matt does some nice subtle impressions of people that are quite accurate. I could not be arsed with dealing with a nugget like JBL hazing though, if it was me, I'd lose my tempter and go Joey Styles on him. Matt came across as a humble guy during the interview. One I'd recommend. Nothing earth shattering is discussed as I can imagine he want's to try and keep the door well and truly open with the WWE.