Pro Wrestling Only

Married with kids? When do you have time to watch?

Smack2k

Congrats, Loss!

I've got two little girls, age 3 and 18 months. I work third shift, so I'm with the kids during the day, while the wife is at work. I usually watch in the mornings when I come home from work, and during the day while the kids are playing, or with their aunts, or something. My older one is starting get into wrestling. I never laughed so hard as when Rock came back in January and she jumped up yelling "That's the Rock!" and followed up with telling me "The Rock's walking!" as Rock was making his way to the ring.

I'm lucky though, that they're so close in age. My older one will watch cartoons or something on my wife's Nook, and the little one will snuggle right up with her, and let me watch a couple of Brody matches for the Brody microscope thread.

My wife hasn't watched wrestling since the Monday Night Wars and my twins are 7yrs old now and only one of them likes to watch it a little. He is kind of growing out of it. For the most part I only watch wrestling when the kids are in school for a few hours in the morning before hitting the sack before they get home. If I didn't work third shift I probably wouldn't have any time to watch it all.

Congratulations Loss!

I'm married with no kids. She wasn't a fan before she met me. I don't know if she'd classify herself as a fan, but she definitely doesn't hate it and will oddly watch some stuff that I'm watching. Probably prefers the newer stuff to the old, just for the sake of keeping current. She has gone to a few shows with me. Oh yeah, and unlike me, she likes RVD a lot, is happy he's back and is hoping he'll be there when Smackdown comes to Ottawa in September.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

Yeah man, congrats for sure. It really is a ton of fun. Those early days and weeks are a shellshock and a shitshow (literally) but once you settle in, it is pretty damn great. It's all what you make of it and from my experience, the baby will take on the personality of the parents...so as long as you are calm and relaxed about things, the baby should (mostly) follow suit.

Congrats to the upcoming new parents!

I have a 13 year old son and 3 1/2 year old twins (boy/girl), so I pretty much never see anything I want to watch. :) My son watches Raw and Smackdown, so I might watch a little bit with him when he's watching it on the DVR. For some reason, my son is really interested in getting the War Games Blu-Ray, so when we pick that up, maybe I can sneak some older footage in there. He usually doesn't care for pre-2000.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

Yeah man, congrats for sure. It really is a ton of fun. Those early days and weeks are a shellshock and a shitshow (literally) but once you settle in, it is pretty damn great. It's all what you make of it and from my experience, the baby will take on the personality of the parents...so as long as you are calm and relaxed about things, the baby should (mostly) follow suit.

Yes, to break it down:

Birth - 4 months - SUCKS

4 Months - 2 years - Cool

2 years - where we are now - SUCKS and Cool...

SO good luck!!!!

Luckily I can work my own schedule and am a night owl, so I'm usually up a good three hours after my wife goes to sleep, which is usually divided up equally between wrestling, TV and video games. If I had to work 9-5 and/or had kids, I'd pretty much be watching no wrestling. I do kinda miss the days of coming home from school and watching a four-hour tape straight through.

There are few things as funny as when little kids quote wrestling stuff or say catchphrases. My little one started doing Bryan's Yes Yes Yes and the wife and I died laughing.

I try to keep my twins out of the room when wrestling is on, because the boy tries to imitate moves on his sister. Last spring, they were both in the room when Ryback came on, and hearing them chant "Feed Me More" with the fist pumps was pretty funny.

• 8 months later...

Loss, I missed this the first time around so let me share belated congratulations.

My wife gave birth to our first child last week. It's a bit of an adjustment, but she isn't the time killer that I feared she might be. She sleeps, eats, messes herself and that's it. And I can watch television doing all three. (I confess though I've been more in tune to MLB and Premier League Soccer.)

My boy is now three, and we wrestle a lot....I find it hilarious to have him come up to me and say "Powerbomb me, or Chokeslam me" Which I gladly do, onto the couch of course..

That'll be a fun call from school in a year "Yeah, your son said you have been, and I quote "Powerbombing" him...we'd like you come in and meet with a few folks before we can allow your son out of our offices...thanks..."

I have an 11 month old who only stops crying to Cult of Personality and I'm engaged. The missus will let me watch pretty much any WWE as in the last week we've seen One Night Stand 2006, Wrestlemania XXX and MITB 2012. However anything else is a no no. I have 4 months of TNA to trawl through, about 30 ROH discs, Dragon Gate, 1PW and Progress and WCW Nitro 2000 and 2001. Fortunatly I travel up to 3 hours a day so I get to watch some of that if I don't fall asleep on the bus home.