Pro Wrestling Only

Who is the Pitbull of Pro Wrestling?

jdw

The thing is I think you have to look for someone that was way over with casual fans but all the die hards hate.

I know no one that takes music "seriously" in this day and age that listens to Pitbull. But people that want some PARTAAAAAAY MUSIC a couple times a month must dig the guy.

I am trying to think of who the equivalent of that might be. I want to say Sable just off the top of my head. But this probably needs more thought.

Sid?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitbull is rather popular here at the strip club. It's better than all the fucking dub step I have to play, at least.

Is Pour Some Sugar On Me still in heavy rotation?

Oh yeah it's like the Bruno of songs here. The living legend. I should book a match between it and Cherry Pie.

Where would Hot Stuff be booked?

Pitbull is rather popular here at the strip club. It's better than all the fucking dub step I have to play, at least.

Is Pour Some Sugar On Me still in heavy rotation?

Oh yeah it's like the Bruno of songs here. The living legend. I should book a match between it and Cherry Pie.

Where would Hot Stuff be booked?

As the song the old ass DJ loves but no one will dance to. So it'd be the opener as we get the room ready. The legend who now jobs in a dark opener. Hey, it's Tony Garea!

The answer is Triple H. End of discussion. End of thread.

Actually, don't end the thread, I like the strip club song discussion. What 90s nu metal songs are still played in titty bars and becoming "classic hits?"

Well, NIN, Manson, and TOOL are still entrenched in the midcard, along with Disturbed and Korn. Limp Bizkit have been future endeavoured.

Yeah, to me Triple H is the answer. His biggest accomplishments were featurings on other big stars major hits. He's like one of those decent second rate MC's on The Chronic and Doggy Style. Never did shit by himself that would have him being called a "big star". Not to mention wouldn't have sustained the push without the wedding ring. So yeah.

I still think you guys are sort of missing the mark.

If you wanted a really big WWF guy, then maybe Bobby Lashley in that he had a very high profile match that had a decent amount of media attention but an ultimately forgettable run.

Glacier's tempting but I'm not sure how well known he was despite the marketing campaign. (Kiss Demon would maybe fall on this level too).

I still think you guys are sort of missing the mark.

If you wanted a really big WWF guy, then maybe Bobby Lashley in that he had a very high profile match that had a decent amount of media attention but an ultimately forgettable run.

Glacier's tempting but I'm not sure how well known he was despite the marketing campaign. (Kiss Demon would maybe fall on this level too).

Neither of those work as a comparison to Pitbull, as he's successful and people enjoy his shit.

Pitbull is basically the guy who performed on RAW for Rock's birthday that one time that caused a running joke at DVDVR. And as far as a wrestler like him? Lets see. Someone who does fluff shit that makes people dance/ be happy while earning millions and millions and pissing off "real music fans"?

Pitbull is more (or less) than that. If it was just that, I could have used Britney... except that she's been wildly more successful, earning many millions more, making even more people happy, and pissing off more "real music fans".

I think the premise is incorrect. We no longer live in a music album age. We live in a digital singles age. The only people who still buy full albums on the regular are the middle aged. That's why Bruce Springsteen still tops the charts. That's why mid-90s also rans Cake of all bands topped the charts last year.

Pitbull sells tens of million of singles. So I think the focus should be on inconsistent, highly regarded performers who have very high peaks but overall a rather unimpressive rarely focused on body of work.

I don't know or care who Pitbull is. And this is even after watching that video.

But if I had to pick out a guy who is a "singles artist" rather than an "album artist", I'd point to Sgt. Slaughter. Now I don't think Sarge is particularly inconsistent, but I do think his "Greatest Hits" are probably better than any single run he's had. I hope that makes sense to someone.

I think the premise is incorrect. We no longer live in a music album age. We live in a digital singles age. The only people who still buy full albums on the regular are the middle aged. That's why Bruce Springsteen still tops the charts. That's why mid-90s also rans Cake of all bands topped the charts last year.

Pitbull sells tens of million of singles. So I think the focus should be on inconsistent, highly regarded performers who have very high peaks but overall a rather unimpressive rarely focused on body of work.

Awwww man...I just started buying off of iTunes instead of Amazon last year. Probably 90% of the music on my iPod came from my CD collection before I started buying mp3s direct from iTunes. I feel too young to be middle aged. I guess the fact that I actually pay for my music makes me stand out as being middle aged to start with though.

Pitbull is RVD.