Pro Wrestling Only

Pro Wrestling Ring Gear!

Nighthawk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: The Rockers green-and-black masterpieces at WrestleMania 7. I swear to god, when I started e-fedding, those were the things I had in mind for what I wanted my gear to look like. Here's a picture: Posted Image

Um...

What's the Um for? Couldn't find a good pic of it at Wrestlemania 7, and so I found this from survivor series instead.

Fair enough. 90 and 91 was an interesting time for the WWF design-wise, the gear was becoming more and more colorful and their overall aesthetic was changing to reflect the new decade.

Best: The Rockers green-and-black masterpieces at WrestleMania 7. I swear to god, when I started e-fedding, those were the things I had in mind for what I wanted my gear to look like. Here's a picture: Posted Image

Um...

What's the Um for? Couldn't find a good pic of it at Wrestlemania 7, and so I found this from survivor series instead.

Fair enough. 90 and 91 was an interesting time for the WWF design-wise, the gear was becoming more and more colorful and their overall aesthetic was changing to reflect the new decade.

Yeah. Everything seemed brighter, which folded right into the Attitude era where wearing bright colors became an insult.

And because I thought about it, perhaps no tag team breakup had a greater effect on a wrestler than the Strike Force breakup had on Tito Santana. He wore those same trunks from Wrestlemania V all the way through to the El Matador repackaging.

I know he's my boy but I always thought the Million Dollar Man's alternate white suit and white trunks circa 92-3 were really awesome. Can't find any decent pics.

Speaking of 1993, contender for worst ring attire has to be this:

Posted Image

Oh god. I completely forgot about that. I think that was the worst thing I ever saw.

Posted Image

Speaking of the 90s, I never cared for this era of Savage's dress. It didn't even have to be as outrageously loud as this. I hated when he started wearing tights, and then the accompanying shirt was even worse. For instance, his WM 8 outfit is not as egregious as the above picture, but I still didn't like it at all when compared to the regular short trunks and robes.

Posted Image

Speaking of the 90s, I never cared for this era of Savage's dress. It didn't even have to be as outrageously loud as this. I hated when he started wearing tights, and then the accompanying shirt was even worse. For instance, his WM 8 outfit is not as egregious as the above picture, but I still didn't like it at all when compared to the regular short trunks and robes.

There's something that feels right with Macho Man in the trunks with the stars. Especially because of the Wrestlemania 4 masterwork where he changed colors for every match.

This might sound heretical but if the dudes were played by 18 year olds the look for that time period might not be as stupid as it looks.

Haha. I never thought about it at the time, but Ace does look like a 35 year old guy trying desperately to hang on to his youth. I think Shane looks babyish enough to fit, though. Well, inasmuch as anyone can "fit" into that look.

I feel like most guys these days have gear that is way too busy. It's like they're wearing affliction t shirts for pants. I prefer simple old wrestling gear.

I love El Cobarde's simple black and white gear: http://luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Cobarde

Solar's a good example as well. I like that he wears similar gear to other top lucha stars from his era but with the little detail of the knee patches matching his mask: http://luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Solar

I'm also a big fan or Rayo de Jalisco's mask and his mariachi entrance attire. So much so that I did this drawing of it a while back: http://favoritenudnik.blogspot.com/2011/02...jalisoc-jr.html

There aren't many current stars who have gear that really stands out to me. The only one that pops into my head is Kenou: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/Sha...zps2fe5c0eb.jpg

I feel like most guys these days have gear that is way too busy. It's like they're wearing affliction t shirts for pants. I prefer simple old wrestling gear.

I love El Cobarde's simple black and white gear: http://luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Cobarde

Solar's a good example as well. I like that he wears similar gear to other top lucha stars from his era but with the little detail of the knee patches matching his mask: http://luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Solar

I'm also a big fan or Rayo de Jalisco's mask and his mariachi entrance attire. So much so that I did this drawing of it a while back: http://favoritenudnik.blogspot.com/2011/02...jalisoc-jr.html

There aren't many current stars who have gear that really stands out to me. The only one that pops into my head is Kenou: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/Sha...zps2fe5c0eb.jpg

Well, those are simple things. And there's always a place for that. I actually think the simplistic ring gear works best in Japan, where something simple like the Rising Sun tights Kikuchi wore stand out more.

My favourite ring gear is Jake Robert’s Blue tights with the flame design:

Posted Image

At the moment I really like Tyler Breeze’s look, particularly the boots:

Posted Image

On the other side of the coin, I’ve been impressed with Alexander Rusev in the ring, but I think his gear is absolutely awful:

Posted Image

Can we all agree that Flair's purple robe is the best of them all?

Posted Image

I also believe that his robe and trunks should always be color-coordinated, EXCEPT when he wears his black robe

Posted Image

and then it's OK for him to wear red tights with that. It just works, plus the alternative would be for him to wear black trunks, and I always thought it was wrong when he did that. The Nature Boy is supposed to be colorful!

Can we all agree that Flair's purple robe is the best of them all?

Posted Image

I also believe that his robe and trunks should always be color-coordinated, EXCEPT when he wears his black robe

Posted Image

and then it's OK for him to wear red tights with that. It just works, plus the alternative would be for him to wear black trunks, and I always thought it was wrong when he did that. The Nature Boy is supposed to be colorful!

the black Flair robe is money.

Side note: I am dying for someone to do a real boxing trunks ripoff. The times it's been done before, it's like filtered through the Golden Age of Boxing stuff. You mean to tell me Dolph Ziggler couldn't pull off something like what Meldrick Taylor wore to the ring against Chavez?

Posted Image

the black Flair robe is money.

Think that the black robe looked better on Sherri Martel!

Posted Image