Pro Wrestling Only

Pro Wrestling Ring Gear!

Nighthawk

I started this thread because Goodhelmet asked me to do it, and frankly, it's the main thing I mark out about minus supremely slick technical wrestling.

Since this is really just a way to start off talking about the best or worst ring gear that we've ever seen.

Best: The Rockers green-and-black masterpieces at WrestleMania 7. I swear to god, when I started e-fedding, those were the things I had in mind for what I wanted my gear to look like. Here's a picture: Posted Image

Misawa's everything. While it wasn't as good in NOAH, where he had that fur on his jacket that made it look like he had been living in the mountains before coming down to Tokyo for wrestling, the classic green and white still plays. Posted Image

Worst (Or perhaps not the best):

Dolph Ziggler's Leopard-Print era.

Rey Misterio Jr. during the Filthy Animals era. He looks 12.

NWO Wolfpac Sting.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was one where he was with about 30 dudes, proclaiming that he was in a gang too. That whole era of WWE was weird as hell.

Also, another best: America's Most Wanted and their ring jackets. How they managed to get that little swatch of the American Flag, and key parts to both members of the team, on a ring jacket is beyond me.

Edit: Here's an example of what I mean: Posted Image

I liked Buzz's boots too. Not hard to imagine that he might've killed the animals with his bare hands to get the fur.

I'm a big fan of simple and classic. Always liked how Flair had a big number of color combos on the same theme. There were a lot of times it seemed like he tried to coordinate with whoever he was wrestling, too. I dig that.

Austin's Stone Cold look was a breath of fresh air after the neon 90's. Classic look for a no b.s. character.

It's also so cool when a guy has "big show" gear. Mysterio at Wrestlemania, stuff like that. From what I've seen, Volador Jr. busts out some pretty cool shit like that.

Best: The Rockers green-and-black masterpieces at WrestleMania 7. I swear to god, when I started e-fedding, those were the things I had in mind for what I wanted my gear to look like. Here's a picture: Posted Image

Um...

What's the Um for? Couldn't find a good pic of it at Wrestlemania 7, and so I found this from survivor series instead.

The Rockers boots on that picture remind me of the opening credits of Saved By the Bell. The early to mid 90's were probably the worst era ever fashion wise. Yes, even worst than the 80's in retrospect.

See, that never bothered me. I think it was because the Rockers were supposed to be like a young, cool team for the 1990's. (Roddy Piper constantly calling them the Team of the 1990's helped with this.)