Hell In a Cell

Dylan Waco

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's programmed with Trips

Alright, what about Bryan then?

That one is tricky because it has to be someone linked to Trips but I don't think The Shield so maybe someone turning or coming back.

I was thinking we're getting Cena vs Bryan at Survivor Series after that Bella mishap tonight + Cena can get his win back.

I think the ratings problems as well as house show attendances have spooked them about DB. He is getting great heat yeah but it's not moving the meter business wise. If you noticed in the WON there was a blurb about the philosophy about bringing in bigger guys is back in vogue again so take that for what it's worth.

Guest Nell Santucci

The problem is Orton of all people is holding the title. He's some guy whose been on top 5 years past his shelf life. He has the charisma of Curtis Axel and the working ability of Jeff Jarrett, making him barely more valuable than Del Rio. This product is clownish, and it's an utter absurdity that WWE expects people to watch 12 hours of Raw with such a wasteland for headliners.

Let's be perfectly clear about something: It doesn't fucking matter if Bryan gets a pinfall over Triple H. Period. There's no rub there. Trips thinks there's a rub, but there's no rub.

Bryan organically got over and they used it as a way to keep their egos in check with this storyline. If the end result is Trips thinking, "What will really get him over is me dropping a fall to me!" that's the dumbest thing I can think of.

I'm gonna be the first one to say it. You know what Bryan needs to do now? He needs to be the one that ends The Streak.

I think the ratings problems as well as house show attendances have spooked them about DB. He is getting great heat yeah but it's not moving the meter business wise. If you noticed in the WON there was a blurb about the philosophy about bringing in bigger guys is back in vogue again so take that for what it's worth.

That's not necessarily Bryan's fault. That's also the guy across from him.

They really went for another fuck finish with this feud, I want to say I'm shocked but sadly I'm not. Fucking up promising angles has been a staple of WWE in the last 5 years (Jericho/Michaels, Jericho/Rey and Edge/Taker are the last big programs I remember having a long build and a satisfying ending).

If Shawn was going to superkick D-Bry it should have been a full fledged heel turn, not a half ass "he hurt my frieeend" homotional crap. Yes, this could lead to something if Michaels really turns on RAW or in the coming weeks but like I said on other threads, unless he's willing to get in the ring and put Bryan over, then there's little to be gained with him turning.

Now, if all of this was made to give Shawn an excuse to make Orton win and not turn, then stupidity really knows no limits.

Yeah and we all know that was completely Bryan's fault. I mean getting beat like a dog 8 shows in a row after Summerslam while being compared to a mid carder had nothing to do with that.

Bryan ending the streak would be the absolute worst thing that could happen for him

Worse than the last four months? Really?

Yes.

Whoever ends the streak is going to get a tremendous amount of backlash because people absolutely do not want it to happen. Bryan ending the streak would kill his biggest asset (over with the live crowds to an absurd degree).

Guest Nell Santucci

That's obvious but a fact the IWC don't care to admit to. WWE has always done its worst business with smaller guys on top. It's a relic of 80's culture. Some guy on WC flipped out when I claimed this, even after justification. I've talked to way too many casuals who see Punk and Bryan as inferiors due to size, especially Punk. It's not WWE's fault imo that as a business it gives the public what it wants.

The problem is the current model does not allow them to let anyone grow into a top slot. Even with better booking, I think it's nearly impossible because of how they run their tv and how they react to business trends. This is one of the problems that comes with being a publicly traded company. What's funny is that if they reacted the way they react now back then, there never would have been a Steve Austin.

Guest Nell Santucci

That's not necessarily Bryan's fault. That's also the guy across from him.

Yes, and Orton's star power faded the moment he got off the juice.

That's obvious but a fact the IWC don't care to admit to. WWE has always done its worst business with smaller guys on top. It's a relic of 80's culture. Some guy on WC flipped out when I claimed this, even after justification. I've talked to way too many casuals who see Punk and Bryan as inferiors due to size, especially Punk. It's not WWE's fault imo that as a business it gives the public what it wants.

This guy disagrees...

Posted Image

What's considered a bigger guy then? Cena's about 245 and 6'2" and that's about "average" in WWE-speak.

Using that logic, the next champion should be the Big Show especially given his feud with the Authority (stupid name by the way). Big Show has been champ many times before and has done nothing for business.

The problem is the current model does not allow them to let anyone grow into a top slot. Even with better booking, I think it's nearly impossible because of how they run their tv and how they react to business trends. This is one of the problems that comes with being a publicly traded company. What's funny is that if they reacted the way they react now back then, there never would have been a Steve Austin.

Or an HBK for that matter.

Bryan is one of the top merch guys in the company and is the most over guy in the company right now. From a "live crowd" perspective, I don't get this shit about him not being someone they can push. He organically got over on his own accord, really. It's classic WWE booking. If it's not a product of how they book the top of the card, they could give a fuck less.

Orton hasn't been over in fucking years, yet he's the guy on top because Triple H can't keep his ass off TV. That's not booking to your strengths.