Pro Wrestling Only

Blood, Guts, Powder, and Flames

jpchicago23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Kawada/Hansen 2/28/93 added and I agree, it's one of the most violent matches with no weapons I've ever seen.

Tully vs. Magnum Cage I Quit match ought to be on there if it isn't.

And since we're showing the Hansen love, the NJPW match where he knocked Vader's eye out of it's socket probably qualifies.

I'm watching the Old School with Corino featuring Tommy Rich and there has to be some good Rich stuff out there I'm missing. I have the Funk ECW match.

A Memphis match comes to mind immediately. When he was teaming with Eddie Gilbert as the New Fabs they have a great brawl with the PYT that goes all over the building. I can't remember the date off hand ( 84 sometime). I'm sure he has more great stuff from Memphis.

There is a clipped match against Buzz from Southwest. Haven't watched it in years to remember much about it. That might be worth seeking out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to view some of the suggestions and I'm thinking of bumping this up to 200/250. I think this is definitely going to be a comp and I might even add a couple slugfests from UFC like Guida/Sanchez and Griffin/Bonnar. I'm not 100% on that though. I'll need to skim through and make sure every match is at least some kind of brawl as well. I don't want anything that just feels like a normal match.

More matches I've been thinking of adding. Any feedback or additions help.

Cena vs Wyatt- Payback 14

Punk vs Raven- Dog Collar 03

Sangre Chicana vs Villano 3- IWRG 9/3/09

Flair vs Foley- Impact 10/7/10

Blue Panther vs Villano V- CMLL 9/29/08

Aries vs Jacobs- ROH 11/8/08 and 11/22/08

Luke Gallows vs Jake Davis- EPWA 10/15/11

Valentine vs Piper- Starrcade 83

Cena vs Guerrero- Parking lot brawl

La Fiera vs Jerry Estrada- Chain match

Pirata Morgan vs El Faraon- EMLL 11/16/90

Tupelo Concession- 9/4/81

Thrillseekers vs Bodies- SMW 8/5/94

Colon vs Hansen- Cage and Bullrope

Hansen vs Blackwell- AWA 6/86

Rockers vs Rose/Somers- AWA 8/86

Edge vs Matt Hardy- Cage match

El Dandy vs Satanico- 12/14/90

Elimination Chamber- NYR 05

Park vs Mesias- 2011

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you are still doing this or not but Halloween vs. Super Parka from Gimnasio Nuevo Leon 10/23/2005 should be added. I saw clips of this a couple years ago but finally saw the whole match. Just an insane bloodbath with Halloween's back looking like a war zone. It involves tables, lighttubes and brawling in the crowd. Plus Volador Jr's half parka/half Volador Sr. mask.

LA Park vs. Dr. Wagner, Jr. from TxT last Spring would fit in fine here. Not sure how others might rate it, but I thought it was a fantastically fun brawl. Plenty of bleeding, to the point where Park's mask is tattered & torn, just dangling off his face - along with a blood-soaked white bandage - which makes for a sickeningly spectacular visual.

The action is great. Both guys bleed. They fight everywhere. There's stairs, chairs, and FIRE. It's tremendous.

LA Park vs. Dr. Wagner, Jr. from TxT last Spring would fit in fine here. Not sure how others might rate it, but I thought it was a fantastically fun brawl. Plenty of bleeding, to the point where Park's mask is tattered & torn, just dangling off his face - along with a blood-soaked white bandage - which makes for a sickeningly spectacular visual.

The action is great. Both guys bleed. They fight everywhere. There's stairs, chairs, and FIRE. It's tremendous.

Many will not agree with me. Hell, if I put in the time and watch a bunch of classics I've seen and since forgotten I may not agree. But right now Park vs. Wagner is the singular match I would recommend to someone looking to taste lucha.