Pro Wrestling Only

Ever wonder if you watch too much wrestling?

BigBadMick

Wait, don't shoot!

Here's the thing, I'm not ashamed that I watch wrestling. I don't scream it from rooftops but don't go out of my way to hide it either. This is a slightly different issue...

I sometimes wonder if the (considerable) time I devote to wrestling could be better spent reading, watching films/documentaries, learning something about the world. I suppose part of it is the fact that I'm a painter, so I've little intellectual stimulation during my days.

Anyway, whatcha all think? Does too much wrestling ever make you feel guilty. Again, please don't shoot - just asking!

I tend to be an obsessive sort. When I'm in a wrestling phase I will watch tons of wrestling, a movie phase tone of movies, etc. That being said, I spend lots of time with my family, so when I'm on shift at work I tend to watch wrestling. With my wife I watch TV shows we like, the occasional movie, and I read comics with my daughter and other books with my wife. Plus, I've always got baseball to distract me, because I'm a huge Cubs fan. Basically it depends I guess, but I think I spread out my interests enough that wrestling gets its due but is balanced out by my other interests.

I tend to be an obsessive sort. When I'm in a wrestling phase I will watch tons of wrestling, a movie phase tone of movies, etc. That being said, I spend lots of time with my family, so when I'm on shift at work I tend to watch wrestling. With my wife I watch TV shows we like, the occasional movie, and I read comics with my daughter and other books with my wife. Plus, I've always got baseball to distract me, because I'm a huge Cubs fan. Basically it depends I guess, but I think I spread out my interests enough that wrestling gets its due but is balanced out by my other interests.

Thank god you have a good relationship with your family because you save all of your wrestling viewing for when you're on the clock at work. LOL.

Thank god you have a good relationship with your family because you save all of your wrestling viewing for when you're on the clock at work. LOL.

We get a lot of downtime in between saving peoples lives, it's a sometimes perk of the job. :)

Yeah, if I get stuck in a loop watching footage and I neglect things like household chores and such, then it's a problem. But my daughter's diapers get changed and she's fed, so everything seems good.

I only watch wrestling dvds , University of Memphis Basketball , Memphis Grizzlies basketball , the weather forecast and any business program with good stock market info. I do not watch wrestling on TV , WWE or TNA . I do watch ROH online. Pop culture wise I have given on on everything else. I watch 8 to 10 hours per week , usually late at night or weekends. Watching in off hours keeps wrestling from interfering with other thing.

I really don't think I can watch too much wrestling . Good pro wrestling is better than just about anything television networks have to offer.

I really don't watch much anymore. I used to watch a ton more. Nowadays, I pretty much just catch some of RAW, WWE PPVs & then random shows every now & then like NXT or a NJPW iPPV.

Now, if all the time in the past watching wrestlers were time I used to do something like work out, yeah, I would probably be better off. Then again, if all the pizza I've ever eaten in my life had been celery, I would be better off too. :P

I actually thought WWE Network would dramatically increase the amount of wrestling that I watched. Truth is, most of those old PPVs I have no desire to watch, or I remember them because they don't feel like they were that long ago. I'm waiting on the WCW Nitro episodes to go online, then maybe I'll watch some more stuff. Right now, my Network subscription is pretty much for an occasional NXT show & the monthly new WWE PPVs.

I always get the impression there are a lot of very intelligent people on this board. Just look at what's going on in the 'is drawing a good metric?' discussion, for example.

Part of what I'm asking is - do you feel your time could be better spent with more highbrow pastimes? Again, maybe it's just me with my lowly job and delusions of grandeur.

Again, don't shoot! :)

I wish I had more time for wrestling. Lots more. There are 3.25 yearbooks from some great executive producers I still need to work through. There are 80s sets. There's the WWEN. There's trying to keep up with current Japan. Then there's football Sundays in the fall, basketball, which I can forgo on many regular season nights but not so much in the playoffs. There are weekends in the summer when the wife likes to get out of the city and I can sometimes sneak in 30-60 minutes of rasslin before going to dinner. There's time reading the paper, books, news, etc. There's time with the wife/friends/family. There's WORK.

I love wrestling. I want more. Much more. But so little time.

i'm younger than most of this board, haven't started a family of my own, yet i still probably watch less wrestling atm than anyone else in this thread.

i am a case of someone with too damn many interests, and wrestling will be about the first to fall to the wayside. when i have time and don't feel like doing anything else, i'll check out random old matches or watch stuff on the /wooo/ stream (some of those image macros are a guilty pleasure of mine!)

i tend to be drawn to actively doing things more than watching, which is why the vast majority of my wrestling-related time consists of posting on here. i'm fascinated by the notion that wrestling may finally be reaching a point that music did a couple decades ago - debunking all sorts of conventional wisdom and thinking of new ways to evaluate and appreciate work. video games are still going through this now, but i'm much more interested in this since the surrounding culture is far more hostile to treating wrestling in this manner.

With my complete impatience with commercials, all I do right now is watch wrestling on the WWE Network, and great TV shows on Netflix and Hulu Plus. There's a lot of stuff I've always wanted to watch and with the Network out now I can do things like watch every NWA/WCW show in chronological order (including clashes).

It also allows me to watch WCW 1994 over again (right Will?????)

Considering I root for a lot of crappy sports teams (Mets, Lakers) if I didn't have wrestling I'd lose my mind.

I also love listening to music, the reason I pay every month for Sirius-XM.