Pro Wrestling Only

Early Hall of Fame 2016 Predictions

Robert S

As there is also a thread for Wrestlemania XXXII predictions why not a HoF prediction thread?

"Main Event"

I could see them introducing the nWo (just Hogan, Nash and Hall) now that all three guys are in individually as well.

Undertaker is of course always an option if he decides to retire.

"Celebrity Wing"

The only two guys I could come up with are Mayweather and LT. Of course they might bring in someone who was a guest once at a Wrestlemania (like Pam) or guest GM.

Other

If they introduce another Japanese guy I would bet on Tenryu (have Terry Funk introduce him, as Tenryu trained in Amarillo), Masa Saito or maybe Tiger Mask.

In the last three years they always had at least someone on the list who had a hugely negative relationship with WWE (Bruno, Warrior, Savage, Madusa and Zbyszko). There are not that many people left on that list. Owen Hart will not happen, I can safely assume, Ole Anderson does not make much sense. Who is left after that? Bischoff? Luger?

I think Stan Hansen is a good bet for an "undercarder" of the ceremony.

Some other guys I could see: Martel, Batista, Sting, Ivan Koloff, the Freebirds (the most likely World Class guys to go in), Bruiser Brody, maybe King Kong Bundy?

i really like the hansen/tenryu/freebirds picks. tenryu was in two royal rumbles and won a match at wrestlemania, so they could get a lot more highlights of him than fujinami. he'll get in at some point for sure. the other guys would of course be the local heroes, and that's something WWE always likes unless there are footage issues (cf. the recent discussion on ray stevens & danny hodge not getting in).

i think parv mentioned that they likely kept out other big names from bruno's era because bruno wasn't in. now that he is, uncle ivan is probably at the top of that list and i would definitely expect him to go in within the next year or few.

don't really see rick martel anytime soon. even someone like bundy feels more likely because he had THREE ~Wrestlemania Moments~, whereas most just know martel as a midcarder who sprayed cologne at people.

i don't think "someone formerly on the outs with vince" is necessarily a slot they have to fill in the HOF, though luger will probably be inducted eventually. don't see it happening this soon though.

i am with you on the "main" inductee, though i suspect it will be undertaker even if he wrestles there. home state connection on top of everything else...

Rude might have a good shot in 2017 if Wrestlemania XXXIII really is in Minneapolis. Thinking about it Martel would have better chances in 2017 as well, as do some other Sharkey guys like Waltman.

Someone who WWE probably will never even consider but who would be a great choice PR-wise is Sputnik Monroe.

Dick Murdoch, inducted by Dusty Rhodes

Ken Patera popped up in the Hogan-Piper Rivalries episode on the Network. Have Mark Henry or Flair induct him.

Neither guy is going to be a headliner, but both are good midcard spots from a HOF show perspective like Rikishi or Zbyszko.

Rick Martel has the Blindfold Match with Jake Roberts, so that's a pretty big Wrestlemania moment that people would remember. Plus he had the Strike Force run. He was also great in AWA but WWE doesn't always acknowledge non-WWE work.

I actually had thought that Stan Hansen was already in the Hall of Fame because I remembered seeing him there. After looking it up, he was there to induct Inoki. Now I'm bummed that he's not in. So yeah, he should be in. I'm sure the Freebirds will go in & Michael Hayes will talk about Gordy for twenty minutes.

Rick Rude should have already been inducted as well.

What about Sean Waltman? Triple H is a shoe-in at some time. Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall are all in now. HBK said "three down, two to go" so I'm sure they'll make a play for it. He was in the nWo & D-X. His 1-2-3 Kid upset over Razor is memorable.

The Undertaker, Triple H & The Rock have all not been inducted yet. Vince McMahon, Jr. I guess too. Now that he's worked in WWE, I imagine Sting will go in.

I know he's still in TNA but what about Kurt Angle? Big Van Vader. The Honky Tonk Man. The Steiner Brothers. Demolition. Haku/Meng (surprised he's not in just cause he worked with André & WWE loves having a reason to talk about André). The Big Boss Man would be a good one. Goldberg.

There's definitely still big names out there.

Jim Cornette, Paul Bearer & Paul Heyman should all go in. Maybe Sable?

I think either Taker or Sting headline 2016, but I can't see both going in at once.

Freebirds will most likely be inducted, since it's Dallas and all. Plus, Jimmy Garvin was big in Dallas as a solo act.

I could see Ivan Koloff being the Bruno-era inductee, this time.

Other possible inductees could include Kamala, Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express, Bruiser Brody, Teddy Long, Sable, and maybe Muta.

As for the celebrity wing, it's really time for them to induct either Andy Kaufman or Cyndi Lauper.

The only person I care about going in, personally, is Tenryu. He immediately became a favorite of mine and he has the WWE moments to be included, so if they keep inducting a foreigner a year he could and should be the guy. With Texas' wrestling history, there are plenty of great choices for them to pick that I have zero qualms with, but it's Tenryu that'd get me to watch the HOF ceremony.

I think either Taker or Sting headline 2016, but I can't see both going in at once.

Did this WrestleMania teach you nothing? Sting won't ever be the HOF headliner (IMO). I could easily see him going in the same year as Taker, who would headline. Like it or not, WWE obviously doesn't see Sting the way of the majority of his fans do.

I could actually see Martel way ahead of Bundy. Bundy seems like one of those guys who literally hates everyone in wrestling. There's a reason why he's never brought back for documentaries or legends nights.

ok this is actually a good point. i've even seen bundy's shoot and completely forgot about it, haha

good call on el santo & mark cuban, too

• 3 weeks later...

I could actually see Martel way ahead of Bundy. Bundy seems like one of those guys who literally hates everyone in wrestling. There's a reason why he's never brought back for documentaries or legends nights.

ok this is actually a good point. i've even seen bundy's shoot and completely forgot about it, haha

What soured Bundy on the buisness to that point?

• 2 months later...

According to Meltzer, the WWE is suing the following wrestlers...

The company sued Robert Windham (Blackjack Mulligan), Thomas Billington (The Dynamite Kid), James W. Ware (Koko B. Ware) and Oreal Perras (Ivan Koloff).

I guess that shoots down any chance Ivan will ever get elected into the Hall of Fame.

WWE took an interesting legal tactic this past week by filing a lawsuit against two members of its Hall of Fame, and two other legendary performers.

The company sued Robert Windham (Blackjack Mulligan), Thomas Billington (The Dynamite Kid), James W. Ware (Koko B. Ware) and Oreal Perras (Ivan Koloff).
The lawsuit, which will also include filing suit against anyone else that makes a claim against the company, is really a tactic to block Konstantine Kyros from continuing to line up wrestlers to sue the company. Kyros has been the point man for lawsuits by wrestlers Evan Singleton, Vito LoGrasso (Big Vito), William Haynes III (Billy Jack Haynes), Russ McCullough, Ryan Sakoda (Keiji Sakoda), Matthew Wiese (Luther Reigns) and the estates of Nelson Frazier (Viscera/Mabel) and Matt Osborne (Doink the Clown I/Matt Borne).
Kyros had sent letters to WWE General Counsel and Secretary Laura Brevetti on 6/2, notifying the company that his law firm was representing the four wrestlers who had been allegedly injured as a result of WWE's negligent and fraudulent conduct. The letter warned of potential legal action by all four and warned WWE to preserve all relevant data due to reasonable anticipation of litigation.
The lawsuit against the four was filed in U.S. District Court in Connecticut.
The belief is that wrestlers are joining with Kryos' firm and the firms working with them in this case on contingency, meaning the wrestlers are not paying for the representation. However, in being sued, they will have to pay for representation and none of the four are believed to be in financially good shape.