Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling's Best, Worst and Wackiest Music Videos

BruiserBrody

I always liked the Flair "Fire and Ice" video.

The Kerry "Eye of the Tiger" was a favorite as a kid. When I watched it again about 15 years go with my wife it was embarrassing as hell with him riding a horse shirtless in slow motion.

Foley had a good one to some Stain song about a decade ago.

Every Fabulous Ones video I see makes it harder for me to understand why the male fans gave Jeff Jarrett so much shit over that poster. I mean, they should have been used to that stuff.

The main difference was The Fabs, while protrayed as "pretty boys", were presented as ass kickers hand picked by the area's biggest ass kicker himself: Jackie Fargo. That went a long way in the eyes of area fans. Plus they had been established in the area and were well built guys that looked like they could handle themselves.

Jeff, on the other hand, was known as the promoters son, was skinny (guys knew they couldnt whip the fans, but thought they could whip Jeff) and it seemed forced that he was portrayed as a "sex symbol".

My cousin, a female, loved the Fabs, but Jarrett did nothing for her. My uncle, who could handle himself, loved the Fabs but thought Jeff was a wimp.

Jerry did try his best to try the Fabs formula with Jeff: badass sex symbol. He matched him up with guys like Jonathon Boyd and Spot in an effort to get him over as tough.

Just my thoughts from someone who loved thru it.

I understand that The Fabs came off as ass kickers, I've wrote that about them on this very board. They were a "prototype" that was never truly copied because the RNR Express, The Fantastics, The Hardys, all those kinds of tag teams that were supposed to draw the female audience never came off as ass kickers the way Stan & Steve did.

But that still doesn't mean their videos aren't in the words of Jim Cornette "gay as shit."

I understand that The Fabs came off as as kickers, I've wrote that about them on this very board. They were a "prototype" that was never truly copied because the RNR Express, The Fantastics, The Hardys, all those kinds of tag teams that were supposed to draw the female audience never came off as ass kickers the way Stan & Steve did.

But that still doesn't mean their videos aren't in the words of Jim Cornette "gay as shit."

Good deal. What thread exactly? I love to read others perspective on Memphis. Would love to see it.

I posted this in another thread, but this is the commercially released videotape (Rock N' Roll Wrestling) in which I was able to finally see Memphis Wrestling in the late '80s. It's a compilation of wrestling videos some with original music. I bought it at K-Mart in Iowa for a friend's birthday in sixth grade. It's still one of my favorites. I especially like the Macho Man video.

I understand that The Fabs came off as as kickers, I've wrote that about them on this very board. They were a "prototype" that was never truly copied because the RNR Express, The Fantastics, The Hardys, all those kinds of tag teams that were supposed to draw the female audience never came off as ass kickers the way Stan & Steve did.

Good deal. What thread exactly? I love to read others perspective on Memphis. Would love to see it.

I don't remember where I made the statement about them being the biggest ass kickers of "ladies men" tag teams. I did talk them up in their thread in the tag teams section of the GWE project.

I don't remember where I made the statement about them being the biggest ass kickers of "ladies men" tag teams. I did talk them up in their thread in the tag teams section of the GWE project.

Maybe not the exact thread, but I know this discussion definitely came up during the DVDVR '80s Memphis set. I what triggered it most was that fancam cage match where the Fabulous Ones just destroy the hell out of the Sheepherders. Two of the most bloodthirsty wrestlers on the planet in the Sheepherders just getting decimated and left for dead by the local "ladies men". Didn't a referee get thrown over the top of the cage when he tried to stop the beating too?

Maybe not the exact thread, but I know this discussion definitely came up during the DVDVR '80s Memphis set. I what triggered it most was that fancam cage match where the Fabulous Ones just destroy the hell out of the Sheepherders. Two of the most bloodthirsty wrestlers on the planet in the Sheepherders just getting decimated and left for dead by the local "ladies men". Didn't a referee get thrown over the top of the cage when he tried to stop the beating too?

Yes! That match is so fucking awesome. The wars with The Moondogs had a lot to do with it too.