Pro Wrestling Only

Flair's podcast (WOOOOONation)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the show with Terry Funk.

We should be grateful that these are being made considering the rate at which wrestlers from this generation are dying.

You could tell they felt something like that too when they said goodbye and exchanged half a dozen love ya, buddy's.

Flair's podcast actually being good is something I never expected.

How much do you think we'd have to pool together from PWO members to get Flair and Funk to spend a night drinking with us and telling old stories?

Sounds like a Wrestlemania in Dallas plan.

The first fifteen minutes of Funk/Flair is brutal. Just one guy after the next brought up. It's, again, a talk that should have been private, but interspersed with these insanely funny (But very wrong) stories. I'm up to Funk vs the Dog while Flair is passed out in his tub with his clothes on.

Besides the fact that the "death and nursing home" stuff was captivating and I'm not sure why it should have been "kept private ".... Why are the stories "very wrong"? Why do you think that it's nessecery to add that after "insanely funny"? If the stories are funny, than they're funny. Who are you apologizing to for laughing? I don't recall them sharing a story about murdering a hooker and going to a Klan meeting while reading "Mein Kampf" or "Atlas Shrugged".

Don't worry about it and just laugh.

Besides the fact that the "death and nursing home" stuff was captivating and I'm not sure why it should have been "kept private ".... Why are the stories "very wrong"? Why do you think that it's nessecery to add that after "insanely funny"? If the stories are funny, than they're funny. Who are you apologizing to for laughing? I don't recall them sharing a story about murdering a hooker and going to a Klan meeting while reading "Mein Kampf" or "Atlas Shrugged".

Don't worry about it and just laugh.

I'm not even touching the second point.

As for the first, If Dick Slater is in a nursing home and refuses to talk to Ric, maybe Ric shouldn't air that information publicly, including what town he is in.

I can see myself getting a little weary if every week is a bunch of wild parties/road stories with his guest. Would prefer he kept it in the ring, or at least directly related to wrestling.

Maybe that's just me though.

"Ric being Ric."

I think as far as he is concerned, that stuff IS part of wrestling.

The Funk show was a bit different in that Flair felt like he'd legit forgotten he was doing a show and it was just two friends on the phone. When Terry asked Vicky for someone's name, it was just like listening in to two old friends.

We shouldn't really be complaining about that. Okay, the thing about David not going to the funeral or Dick Slater in the nursing home was close to the bone and we "felt" like we shouldn't be hearing it. But it kind of has a fly-on-the-wall quality to it.

And given that any of these guys could drop dead at any moment, don't complain because one day they'll be gone forever.

I just get the sense that Flair doesn't get how this works. It's interesting, absolutely. I get the sense that Parv wishes we could have everyone's phones bugged. It's compelling and maybe important for historical reasons. It's just occasionally uncomfortable just like everything else to do with Flair. I think we all came in with low expectations of this podcast and it's been one of the best, but for reasons that aren't entirely above ground.

I love the show. Did find it odd that Flair said Tenyru was OK but Jumbo never wrapped his arms around how to wrestle. I could understand that frustration with other puro guys, but Flair and Jumbo had some great matches that were worked very traditionally. He wasn't one of those guys that neglected selling in favor of running to the next spot and didn't seem to work especially stiff. I wonder what the story is there.

I love the show. Did find it odd that Flair said Tenyru was OK but Jumbo never wrapped his arms around how to wrestle. I could understand that frustration with other puro guys, but Flair and Jumbo had some great matches that were worked very traditionally. He wasn't one of those guys that neglected selling in favor of running to the next spot and didn't seem to work especially stiff. I wonder what the story is there.

Flair wanted him to run to the next spot?

I think Flair and Funk bullshitting for over an hour was nothing less than gold. You can tell they're pretty close and I loved all the inside stuff. There's going to be things that aren't necessarily pc when it comes to Flair obviously, to me that's part of the charm. It's the same reason Austin has an unleashed show. I for one hope he doesn't change or tone it down

Another fantastic and enjoyable episode. I don't see any problem whatsoever with the conversation they had about Dick Slater and I think the partying stories add to the podcast. Whilst he even appears to be curbing down on the mentions of his divorces! Perfect length again in that I wanted to listen to more of the two of them talking as opposed to getting bored and losing track as I can do with others.

Loved the Funk interview with Flair. For people that are complaining about the content, you are going to realize when you get the older that the conversations with your friends are going to be more and more about mortality and "whatever happened to" moments. You'll get there soon you young whipper snappers ;)

Love the idea of Terry Funk leaving the WWF a couple times by saying that his horse was sick and close to death and Flair saying stuff like "hell I still have trouble keeping my clothes on on flights" :lol:

I've never heard Ric talk so thoughtfully and meaningful about wrestling. Lex absolutely brought out the best in him in this podcast. I think he gets Flair better than Flair gets Flair, but he also helped Flair get to actual points of consideration about his own work in ways i've never heard him get to before. I'm about 40 mins in but it's a must listen.