Pro Wrestling Only

Global Force Wrestling

Mad Dog

This came out on the Global Force site today. globalforcewrestling.com/reveal

Talent Announced for Global Force Wrestling at Orleans Arena

Chael Sonnen named GFW Analyst; Roster includes international talents, former professional football players and more

Las Vegas Global Force Wrestling revealed some of its talent roster in a press conference today at the Orleans Arena. The roster includes talented international athletes, former NFL players, mixed martial artists and more.

We have slowly but steadily been building toward this day, said Jeff Jarrett, GFW founder and CEO. The feedback I have received in my international travels has been off the charts. Fans are ready for the reveal of the entire GFW roster and theyre eager for their voices to be heard!

Staying true to the GFW mission statement, the roster offers elite professional athletes from five different continents, as well as real stories, real people and real meaning. Fans will be able to see stars like the Bullet Club tag team of Machine Gun Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows; the Killer Elite Squad, a tag team composed of Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith Jr., who have made a name for themselves in Japan as well as stints throughout the world. Also joining GFW are Chris The Adonis Mordetsky, South African sensation PJ Black, former NFL offensive lineman Quinn Moose Ojinnaka, and womens stars LeiD Tapa and Thea Trinidad, with more names to come. GFW has alliances with 13 promotions on five continents, including New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Mexicos AAA and more top independent organizations in Europe, Australia and Africa.

Also at the press conference, outspoken MMA star and ESPN broadcaster Chael Sonnen announced his role as an expert analyst for Global Force Wrestling.

As an expert analyst, Chael Sonnen is something weve talked about for a long time, said Jarrett. Hes not one to shy from speaking his mind, and were all eager to see what he has to say about the GFW athletes.

The GFW Las Vegas TV tapings will take place on Friday, July 24; Friday, August 21; and Friday, October 23. Tickets for all three events will go on sale on Friday, May 15 at noon, with an exclusive pre-sale beginning on Monday, May 11 at noon. Tickets are available starting at $30 and can be purchased online at www.orleansarena.com, by phone at 702-284-7777 or in-person at Boyd Gaming box offices. VIP tickets will include a Meet & Greet with GFW talent. Join the conversation online with the hashtag #GFWVegas.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV tapings? Did they get TV?

I love they that are finally going ahead with this and it could be awesome to have another promotion out there. We will see if the booking is actually decent though and how the presentation is.

It's near that they are going the WCW vibe with just talent from everywhere, at least I hope that is what they are going for.

If I was Jarrett I'd jump on the Busisk/Gulag/Thatcher train

Completely. Then add in the Canadians (listen to the last Wrestling Culture). Hopefully some more diversify as well. I would love this promotion to represent the whole world, not just white America. It seems to be off to a decent start.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go down this route. The names announced so far are encouraging, Moose in particular is a guy oozing with potential. Still, he could do with a centerpiece talent to build around. I was expecting AJ Styles to be that guy. Not sure who's out there that could realistically draw eyeballs to the product. What's Rey's contractual status in terms of AAA/Lucha Underground?

Biff Busick and Thatcher are under some type of contract with Evolve . I not sure but I think that Gabe's " contracts " only exist to prevent Evolve talent from taking ROH dates . I am really not sure if the WWN can work GFW dates , Gabe has been working with TNA so who knows.

Moose is under contact with ROH until around the end of June. Odd that GFW would annouce a ROH talent . I guess Moose is a short timer with ROH .

I wonder how this effects Anderson , Gallows , Smith and Hoyt availability for ROH shows. Are these guys on loan to Jarrett from NJPW ? Will they still be booked on ROH shows ? Interestling to see how the politics work out . If Jarrett was smart he would try to co-exist with ROH and just pick TNA talent roster apart.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go down this route. The names announced so far are encouraging, Moose in particular is a guy oozing with potential. Still, he could do with a centerpiece talent to build around. I was expecting AJ Styles to be that guy. Not sure who's out there that could realistically draw eyeballs to the product. What's Rey's contractual status in terms of AAA/Lucha Underground?

With NJPW using the NWA titles, the idea of AJ as the NWA Champion touring in GFW, NJPW and AAA would just be so cool. Even if it doesn't come to that, AJ as the centerpiece is logical and would be awesome.

Am I wrong to be actually interested and intrigued about this ?

No. Every new company deserves a chance.

I love new companies, there is so many opportunities to do things right. It's 2015, they want to be global, the internet is there. Netflix is around, youtube, twitter, instagram all of that new technology. The WWE is really shitty at utilizing everything. Hopefully GFW is smart enough to take advantage of this stuff.

I doubt a company whose promotional material resembles photoshops put together by a 15 year old for his e-fed website circa 2001 is going to be particularly on the ball when it comes to utilizing modern technology, but you never know.

Everything about Global Force Wrestling says I shouldn't care. Lazy looking graphics born from a bygone era. A press conference for a roster reveal attended by 3 people and no mention of it on social media despite one of the key things being mentioned fromt he beginning is being social media aware and being a product for today. Any expectation that they will properly use the web to their advantage is rather shot. But they workin' baseball parks so yay?

But that roster gets me excited. Any time Chris Masters gets a decent stage, I am interested. It really is too bad that TNA, and Lucha Underground to a certain extent, have started grabbing some talent that might be worthwhile. Drew Galloway seems like a perfect GFW fit as your WWE Superstars crew but instead he shall rot away in TNA. Not to say he wouldn't rot away in GFW but I don't know anything about them so I am deciding to go with the enemy I don't know despite the phrase.

From what I've read on the Twitter, don't remember who, they don't have a TV deal locked down. Someone else can confirm or deny that. Yet they are doing TV tapings, so who knows how that'll end up.

Also, Moose occupying the role of "Indie Darling" is a fantastic move. Granted, they signed him most likely before he's improved as much as he has.

I expect these shows will be a disaster. That said, as the leading cheerleader of WWE C-Show wrestling, I am pretty excited for some of the potential matches. It will be interesting to see if they build around any individual guy, or if they just are a touring quasi-brand, with no real identity, who are just interested in putting on shows.

Even if Jarrett gets a (good) TV deal, he is still going to have the problem of running a nationally televised promotion without any established starts to build off of. We have gone almost 14 years without the #2 most visible promotion in the US (TNA) creating any new legitimate stars. Styles is the only one that could really be argued. All the big stars in WWE over the past 15 years are either still with the company or retired. There is nobody besides Punk who was just recently – like in the past 3 years – on national television and booked as a star that is available. I don’t know if you can create a successful national promotion (as in, more than just a TV product that gets good enough ratings to survive like TNA did for so many years) without that. It will be tough to create new stars when there is nobody who can put them over in a meaningful way. If TNA dies, maybe they can squeeze the last bit of usefulness out of Angle. Styles could also put someone over in a meaningful way, but then it’s sort of coming off like TNA-lite. Punk is not even a remote possibility at this time.

I agree that the roster is a good start, but it feels like a solid mid-card foundation with the first batch of names. Honestly, that’s the easiest part to do when it comes to creating a roster because there a lot of guys that could be plugged into those roles. With the possible exception of Moose (who has a ways to go) there is nobody in this first batch who could be a reasonable bet to be a big star. The stadium shows should be fun but he’s going to after to be a lot more forward-thinking if the end game is a successful television wrestling product.

There really is no huge star out there that Jarrett could get. You could argue that Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio might fit, but both guys have been beaten so many times I'm not sure how much they would really help in putting someone else over (plus you could argue neither is the right type of worker anyway). If they got decent t.v. you could have someone pushed as a steamroller and then bring in some "name" vets to solidify him, but I'm not sure that would work either.

I think it's an interesting mix of talent but I'm wondering where they'll find main event talent. I guess Styles and ADR are possibilities due to their working relationships. Rey Mysterio would be interesting but does anyone really want to see him wrestle anymore?

There really is no huge star out there that Jarrett could get. You could argue that Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio might fit, but both guys have been beaten so many times I'm not sure how much they would really help in putting someone else over (plus you could argue neither is the right type of worker anyway). If they got decent t.v. you could have someone pushed as a steamroller and then bring in some "name" vets to solidify him, but I'm not sure that would work either.

What about Alberto as the latino star? Kind of like building around Shane Douglas in ECW? If not him, there isn't a lot of options. Unless you can get Cavenario and LA Park to come in and have a blood feud on top for the first six months and then build around Cavenario.

If I was a new promotion that was trying to become a big deal I would be as diverse as possible. Women's wrestlers, minis, Mexican, British, Canadian, Japanese, Black, White, fat, ripped, etc...