Pro Wrestling Only

Considerations for World Title Holders

goodhelmet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in-game stuff aside, the champ should be Flair since Harley literally only got the belt to setup the Starrcade match. There'd need to be a compelling reason for the NWA (and Crockett) to about turn on that decision, so he should definitely be in the vote.

Someone should also look how many "home dates" the champion had when champion. How often would Race work Central States, how often would Flair work mid Atlantic etc. I think it should work largely like it does with my dates on Andre, whereby if there aren't dates on him I'll consider him free for my shows. Same deal with the champ.

So for example, if that's Flair he'll still be turning up in Mid-Atlantic slightly more often than elsewhere.

Just saying he should de facto be in consideration since it was the existing plan.

If Flair isn't one of the 2 finalists then it means that most of the people in this project want another direction for the champion. I anticipate he will be one of the finalists. If he isn't, it means the majority of people want to move in another direction. That is why we vote. Shit... the only reason the Thanksgiving special is called Starrcade is because Beast decided to keep Starrcade. HE could have called it the Song of the South and it would still be the big Thanksgiving show. If Flair and Race face off at the Song of the South Thanksgiving Show for the World title it will be because he booked it for his show and the title change was approved by this board. If not, the project will move forward with a new champ with a new dynamic.

JVK, I think you may be a little stuck in trying to think of the way things "should" have happened. You don't HAVE to try and put yourself in the shoes of Vince Sr. or expect other people to try and think the same way that the owner's of their respective territories thought.

If it helps you to think of yourself as someone Vince Sr. appointed as the "caretaker" of WWF instead of Vince Jr. because he didn't want his son to put all his NWA buddies out of business, go with that.

Not that my opinion matters as a non-NWA member but I actually think Lawler would be a good choice. One of the best promos in the business at this point, rarely has a bad match, and we're less than a year removed from the Letterman appearance so he's nationally known. Can work face and heel depending on circumstances.

Not sure I'd vote him over Flair if I had a vote, but Lawler's a great choice IMO.

Michael Hayes - I must disagree with Mr. Bill Watts who claims Hayes is little more than a mouthpiece for his T-birds group. He has proven he can draw money on a large scale in order to pop a territory and did it on a large scale in Mid South, Georgia and Texas. Hayes has already proven he can be an excellent heel but has rock star appeal for the up and coming Mtv generation. If the NWA is to survive, we must begin to appeal to the younger generation and the process should start now. Under the tutelage of Mr Watts and Mr Von Erich, their Christian American values are sure to have influenced Mr Hayes and i can't see where these unfounded rumors of being a rebel rouser and locker room disturbance are coming from.

Doesn't Gordy with Hayes as a mouthpiece (of sorts) make more sense?

Michael Hayes - I must disagree with Mr. Bill Watts who claims Hayes is little more than a mouthpiece for his T-birds group. He has proven he can draw money on a large scale in order to pop a territory and did it on a large scale in Mid South, Georgia and Texas. Hayes has already proven he can be an excellent heel but has rock star appeal for the up and coming Mtv generation. If the NWA is to survive, we must begin to appeal to the younger generation and the process should start now. Under the tutelage of Mr Watts and Mr Von Erich, their Christian American values are sure to have influenced Mr Hayes and i can't see where these unfounded rumors of being a rebel rouser and locker room disturbance are coming from.

Agreed. I support Hayes too, but Gordy is who came to mind first as a future world champion.

Not that my opinion matters as a non-NWA member but I actually think Lawler would be a good choice. One of the best promos in the business at this point, rarely has a bad match, and we're less than a year removed from the Letterman appearance so he's nationally known. Can work face and heel depending on circumstances.

Not sure I'd vote him over Flair if I had a vote, but Lawler's a great choice IMO.

Unless you've decided not to join, I believe WWA is a member of the NWA per your request in the topic weeks ago.

No. I have never seen a touring champion use a manager. Hayes can talk and I think he is the best wrestler of the bunch.

Regardless of who the champion is, the WWA would like to schedule the NWA World Champion for the earliest possible to unify the title with the WWA World Title in order to avoid confusion in the marketplace. Our champion will gladly put the NWA champion over. We are hoping for August 20 but understand we must wait for the final decision on the NWA President before requesting the date.