Pro Wrestling Only

Injuries, make your choice

Grimmas

How do you want injuries to be handled?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Injuries should be....

• as in real life
    • random (roll a die to determine amount, then random number generator to determine who)
    • completely in the bookers hands to describe trade deals and japan tours
    • other...... make a suggestion

I'm leaning towards random, but only if they're not overdone. I do like the idea of certain elements being out of our hands. Also, it doesn't mean you can't have kayfabe injuries as well.

My least desirable option would be the one that stays true to real life. I don't see the logic behind that one at all. To me, it's completely different to the retirement argument.

Has to be random. Bookers can still create injuries to explain absences, but the randomness of injuries mirrors real life and provides a challenge. It can be taken down to one injury per month if that makes it more acceptable for everyone. Just a random injury of random severity. So in the course of a year, 12 random wrestlers will be impacted.

My head wants to vote random but my heart says in the bookers hands and that's what I went with. For somebody to have a years worth of story planned for someone and to lose that person is too much for me. I understand it creates a challenge and would really make someone flex their booking muscles, but I'd rather see what everyone can do with their full strength roster first. Maybe introduce injuries later to shake things up after six months to a year when everyone has had a chance to run through their initial storylines.

I think it's unrealistic to have no one ever get an ACTUAL injury in this game. Yea sure I can book Jim Duggan to have his leg broken and go to Puerto Rico but guys also get actual broken legs where they don't go to another territory, they just sit at home and heal. There are wrestlers who started out in the draft as injured and unusable for the first month like Eddie Gilbert and Doug Somers or Jonathan Boyd who can't even wrestle until 12/84. It would feel silly to think that after those guys get better no one ever gets injured again.

It IS a giant pain in the ass to rebook everything if a top guy gets hurt or someone in the middle of a big angle. Been there on TEW but it actually led to one of the more fun times booking that game because it forced me to get creative.

I think it's unrealistic to have no one ever get an ACTUAL injury in this game. Yea sure I can book Jim Duggan to have his leg broken and go to Puerto Rico but guys get also get actual broken legs where they don't go to another territory, they just sit at home and heal. There are wrestlers who started out in the draft as injured and unusable for the first month like Eddie Gilbert, Doug Somers or Jonathan Boyd it would feel silly to think that after those guys get better no one ever gets injured again.

It IS a giant pain in the ass to rebook everything if a top guy gets hurt or someone in the middle of a big angle. Been there on TEW but it actually led to one of the more fun times booking that game because it forced me to get creative.

You make a great point that we did factor preexisting injuries into the draft.