Pro Wrestling Only

Booking format

Grimmas

I was trying to figure out how I was going to present my shows. I think I have settled upon this for major/tv shows:

Maple Leaf Wrestling at Maple Leaf Gardens

July 26, 1983 in Toronto, Ontario

1. Wrestler A vs Wrestler B © (NWA Canadian Title)

A bunch of writing to describe what happens and the finish.

Winner - Wrestler B

Write some stuff here for between match angles

2. Wrestler C vs Wrestler D

A bunch of writing to describe what happens and the finish.

Winner - Wrestler C

For house shows I might just throw out the results with any important notes.

Does anybody have a nicer format for presenting this stuff? I am open to ideas.

One thing people can get lost in is details of matches. When doing the Territory Wars - I went from short to long to short in terms of detail of a match. I know at one point I simple put Wrestler A defeated Wrestler B by Finisher @ designated time. I know for squash matches, there isn't too much point to detail unless it is driving a storyline.

In between shows, discussion amongst hosts can be a good catalyst for storylines and also take up a lot of time. After writing the first MACW show, we are at 5 pages and around 2,000 words and it is a detailed with five matches and promos.

My question is in regards to where we will be posting the shows? I may have missed it, but is there going to be a sub-forum for that? Perhaps called the Event Center.

One thing people can get lost in is details of matches. When doing the Territory Wars - I went from short to long to short in terms of detail of a match. I know at one point I simple put Wrestler A defeated Wrestler B by Finisher @ designated time. I know for squash matches, there isn't too much point to detail unless it is driving a storyline.

In between shows, discussion amongst hosts can be a good catalyst for storylines and also take up a lot of time. After writing the first MACW show, we are at 5 pages and around 2,000 words and it is a detailed with five matches and promos.

My question is in regards to where we will be posting the shows? I may have missed it, but is there going to be a sub-forum for that? Perhaps called the Event Center.

Shows posted in promotion thread for now.

So, you have your Jim Crocket Promotions thread int he Promotions sub forum. All shows posted in there.

I know this isn't my game, but I can only stress how convoluted that has the possibility of becoming. Everyone here seems interested in other people's products and with shows and giving feedback, those threads could get very hard to follow. A forum for just shows would allow people to follow a product and give feedback while being easy to navigate. Again, not my game, I am just a player. Just want to give my two cents. I am all for whatever we choose to do.

Parv had a long thread booking WWF in 1983 a while ago that was easy to follow.

The fear in having a whole subforum of shows then you are going to get so many posts with single shows in it, you will have so much stuff to look at that nobody will.

Read through the Parv thread in the normal armchair booking section and you will see how it's easy to follow and has good discussion.

Of course, things can change. A forum with 18 threads posting 2-5 shows a week each in individual threads will be harder to follow, I think.

At the risk of making things more complicated, I suggest 2 separate forums, the promotions thread in which each promotion will have a thread for news, announcements, etc. and an events forum in which each promotion will have one thread to put in their TV, house shows etc. That would keep the presentation as clean as possible.

I confess I am somewhat anxious about my writing . I will be keeping the match descriptions relatively short because I am worried about being able to get the idea of the match across without getting so bogged down in description that it will delay the shows coming out. My main focus will be making sure my stories make sense and that the telling of the matches are true in essence to how I see them in my head and hopefully people will find it interesting to read.

At the risk of making things more complicated, I suggest 2 separate forums, the promotions thread in which each promotion will have a thread for news, announcements, etc. and an events forum in which each promotion will have one thread to put in their TV, house shows etc. That would keep the presentation as clean as possible.

That is a good idea and compromise.

I confess I am somewhat anxious about my writing . I will be keeping the match descriptions relatively short because I am worried about being able to get the idea of the match across without getting so bogged down in description that it will delay the shows coming out. My main focus will be making sure my stories make sense and that the telling of the matches are true in essence to how I see them in my head and hopefully people will find it interesting to read.

That is awesome.

Yeah, my match descriptions will give the overall story and the finish. That is about all.

Before I give each promotion its own forum and spend all that time creating each forum, I want to see how dedicated people are to the project first.

The suggestion to add one subforum for events, not one for each promotion.

I think that is a good idea.

I wish everyone would do a day by day deal where you post results from all of your house shows and the like if you run that kind of loop....some territories didn't do that but most of them did.

I plan on doing daily results plus posting the cards for the next week as well because you won't sell tickets if you don't have a lineup.

For the territories that aren't doing daily shows.......would you be open to leasing your talent out to other promotions that would like to use them on your off days.

I have been to just about everyone that has asked. ICW has no problem working with any promotion outside of Memphis.