Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have only been maybe 3-4 matches I've watched of the 60+ that I've seen so far that I didn't like. And they were all pretty obvious going into it. I pretty much knew what I was going to get out of Ivan Putski vs. Abdullah the Butcher. The only match I didn't like that I actually thought was going to be good was the 6 man tag with Tito/Duggan/JYD vs. Butch Reed/Darsow/Volkoff.

That's a pretty good ratio especially considering I've watched more of the "lesser name" stuff like Pat Rose/Mark Ragin than the other people posting in this thread. I've also had the good sense to avoid anything with Terry Taylor that goes more than 5 minutes so that might skew the ratio a bit.

We also come into this having seen some of the footage, which isn't going to be true of everyone. I think a lot of us have seen the Dibiase/Duggan gimmick match probably multiple times. It's one of the best matches of the 80s, but we're very familiar with it. Same with some of the other high end stuff, so there are things which on paper that we should get really excited about and I'm sure people more unfamiliar with this stuff are getting excited about, that we're not. Even then we've gotten some VQ updates, etc. So it's not fair to hold that against the service.

The fact that in a two month span we've gotten something like 10 great matches that no one's seen in thirty years and a number of other good ones that have given some underlooked wrestlers more exposure is phenomenal. Sometimes we go a year and only a fraction of that number might emerge. And there's so much more to come.

Obviously in a collection this large there are going to be some matches that are better than others. There are certainly a few matches where Paul Boesch's commentary is somewhat lacking - and there are some matches that have technical difficulties. But by and large most of this library is phenomenal in both quality and content. The technical glitches are being cleaned up the best we can before the matches are uploaded. But for the most part we want to preserve wrestling history by releasing these matches as they were originally seen in the ring. Remember - Paul Boesch only televised the bsst matches - and I agree about watching the mid carders! I have seen some great matches from all-too forgotten guys like El Bracero - Pat Rose - Dr. Tom Prichard - Dutch Mantell - Bill Dundee - Lanny Poffo - Barry Orton - and others!

We will continue to upload as many matches as we can - on a daily basis. Please remind everyone to support this project and the true preservation of wrestling history by joining NWAClassics.com. Thanks everybody.

Anyone who has a subscription and hasn't watched the Lanny Poffo/Barry Orton match yet should check it out. Much better than you would probably think it is on paper.

I am also hoping we get some more of El Bracero soon because he was really fun in that Tully match. I think I saw a result of Bracero/Hector Guerrero vs. Midnight Express which I can't imagine is anything less than really good.

And obviously, if you haven't signed up yet what the heck are you waiting for? Not only are there a ton of awesome matches in great video quality on the site but there are more coming every day. And if you're still waiting on WWE Network to ever do anything with the massive amount of territory footage they have and are doing absolutely nothing with, what better way to motivate them than to make NWAClassics.com a big success?

As a guy who got the service within minutes of being available I've loved it. A variety of matches. Tons of incredible workers. Classic feuds. Tons of matches that have never been seen before. I think this has been the greatest thing to old school wrestling fans.

Agreed 100%. Which is why it kind of baffles me that it feels like there are less than 10 people on here who have signed up.

As I may have mentioned before - the ROKU App has proved to be more costly and complicated than we initially anticipated. I had hoped that we would have been able to develop the App quicker but that has not come to fruition. Now I have learned that development of the App through CLEENG - the payment wall we are using - will now cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000. I learned this information just this week and the technology being developed is all new and cutting edge. So - in the meantime - until we solve this ROKU App issue - for those of you who really want to see NWAClassics.com on your big screen television - please use Google Chrome. Otherwise you can see the matches perfectly on any iPad - iPhone - Apple or Android device - or laptop / desktop PC. Very sorry for the delay. Again - we could have waited a year to debut the site until the ROKU App was ready but we wanted to get these matches to the fans as quickly as possible. We appreciate your understanding - and please don't wait for the ROKU App - sign up now!

As I may have mentioned before - the ROKU App has proved to be more costly and complicated than we initially anticipated. I had hoped that we would have been able to develop the App quicker but that has not come to fruition. Now I have learned that development of the App through CLEENG - the payment wall we are using - will now cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000. I learned this information just this week and the technology being developed is all new and cutting edge.

I know nothing about how to get a channel on the Roku, but I have to ask...

How is it that so many small indy feds have Roku channels?

Some examples: https://channelstore.roku.com/search/wrestling (some non-wrestling results are mixed in)

Warriors of Wrestling, Ace Pro, AAW, and a few others... I'll admit I've never heard of any of them.

Did all of them really fork over 20k?

Like I said, I know nothing about this process, so I am genuinely curious about what it entails.

Today's upload is going to be Black Gordman vs. the newest debut from my 1983 fantasy Southwest roster, Omar Atlas/Buddy Moreno. I think Bruce is secretly a fan of my fantasy booking.

Obviously it's no coincidence that his first match gets uploaded the same day I posted a HemisFair show with Omar Atlas teaming with Mil Mascaras :)

There was quite a bit of late 70s/early 80s stuff that got uploaded the first month or so with some of the Southwest guys like Tully/Gino/Moon Mulligan/Scott Casey/Tiger Conway but the Watts era cards are so much better that I wouldn't blame him for making that more of a priority. I wouldn't say it's what is in the collection so much as what has gotten priority.

Give me Duggan/Fantastics/RNR over Scott Casey & Tiger Conway Jr. every time. Even if I have to take some Terry Taylor to go along with it.

A lot of the main events from the 70s are more exciting to me personally than the Mid-south stuff, but the undercards aren't as strong, no. The flipside is that I think we have had less of it previously available in general so it could give us some new looks at wrestlers. Again, I'm probably more excited about all the Dale Valentine stuff (especially the stuff towards the top of the card) than I should be.

I liked the Buddy Moreno/Omar Atlas vs. Black Gordman match. It's not going to blow you away but the opening was pretty good and the finish was fairly well done although Gordman controlling in the middle got a little dull at parts. Moreno still looked pretty agile and in good shape for a guy who was in his mid-40s.

I'll freely admit I was going into this to "scout" a guy on my fantasy roster more than anything else but I still think this is worth watching.

• Loss unpinned this topic