Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground... Tonight

goodhelmet

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Third verse same as the first. Never want to see Cena-Owens again.

Yeah. Its a good match, but third time in what, 6-7 weeks? Its overkill without time to breathe.

EDIT: The thing tonight does have going for it is I'm not sure about the finish, unlike the second match. But it feels like watching the same match I enjoyed a months ago and again 2 weeks before that.

Lets be honest. If this match was on a PWG or Ring of Honor show people like Jim Ross would be bitching and complaining for months and month on it. Not saying it is bad because I think this has been fun

Well hopefully Owens is winning the belt at NXT Takeover because if not then I am not sure what is next for him. Cena winning isn't awful but we may think differently in a couple months

Kevin Owens vs. John Cena

- Early on, Cena is acting like he is getting destroyed but Owens didn’t really do anything to damage the great John Cena.

- I will always pop for someone rubbing his forearms across an opponent’s face.

- The replay on the DDT looked NASTY

- I marked out for the Owens shoulder blocks

- I am glad Cena didn’t get the springboard stunner and loved how Owens turned it into a German Suplex / Cannonball combo

- This feels like the match where both guys are countering the big moves that worked in the first two matches.

- I don’t give a shit… that package drop should have ended the match.

- If they are going to play up an injured shoulder then Owens needs to debut a shoulder submission move.

- Ugh… that springboard stunner into an Owens lariat spot was lame.

- Too bad they went away from the shoulder angle because that package shoulder breaker would have been a great finish… or that Pop up Powerbomb …. Or the Top rope AA… ok we are in overkill mode

- Well, I guess the Cena challenge continues. There is no reason for Owens to continue fighting Cena if he isn’t winning. Time to move on.