Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground... Tonight

goodhelmet

Good selling, slow pace. Liked the superplex a lot, and Orton gets credit for actually working like a face. Match had several strong points: not exceptional, but good. Actually sort of felt like a solid house show Bob Orton match. Went 18ish mins and sure felt like it, but I actually liked that they gave it time. Only real beef was that the sudden nature of the finish really didn't work for what had just happened. Your legs and back are destroyed, so you suddenly hit your finisher that requires you to leapfrog in the air and take a back bump.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime Time Players vs. New Day

Fun tag match with some awkward moments. I liked Darren Young in the match. I thought he and Big E worked the big guy vs. little guy stuff really well. I don’t know what Titus was doing when he got hit in the head by Xavier. It looked so unnatural and awkward getting in position for the hit, it took me out of the match for a bit. Fun not great and they didn’t use a chinlock!!!!

New Day vs. PTPers

- Shocked how long this got. Absolutely solid match that didn't feel like a waste of time.

- Woods's ringside commentary is quickly becoming some of my favorite mic work and a great piece of the undercard.

- Titus's fire and energy are awesome and have to think his ceiling is somewhere higher than this.

- Big E's apron splash was dope.

- if the lady matches are decent going forward we're going to need a return of the Adam Rose / R Truth nonsense to the main card to ensure a legitimate bathroom break. For now we'll pencil in Wyatt's entrance for that role.

Big E throwing Young so hard over the post that he hit the cameraman was awesome. Young had a good belly to belly, gutbuster, and backdrop suplex on the apron here. Solid defense that left both teams looking good.

Everytime I think that Paige mic work is bad, I try to remember that she's only 22. Lynch and Charlotte were just as awkward, but the pinky swear was the capper.

Putting the kid to sleep and a long supermarket run both have to happen tonight too.

What's the shopping list look like? Big bag of cool ranch doritos make in on there?

In process now. Only chicken is on sale. This pleases no one. I did catch Bray's awesome red pajama pants though.

I miss old WCW PPVs that were on Saturdays.